American Idol Top 4 (Second time) Live Show + Results Discussion

WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
Forum Member
✭✭
Candice, Amber, Angie and Kree. All still in it.

So who will leave?

We already know the bottom 2 - Candice and Amber. Will they be able to pull out an amazing performance and force either Kree or Angie out of the competition? Or is it going to be a battle between Candice and Amber?

Who do YOU want to survive?

Comments

• Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is US pace or not but will use spoiler tags just in case
    I dont get Kree. Stormy Weather was a fantastic song choice for her to really let loose and showcase personality and grit but she just didn't do it. I just want to shake her and shout 'SIIIING'. She obviously wants to be there, and obviously wants to win, but I dont feel that in her performances.

Amber I think will go this week although she is slowly becoming my favourite at this late stage. I think she has the potential to do really well outside of the competition. My Funny Valentine was exquisite and it was a good contrast with her earlier song. However I dont think it's enough to save her. If they weren't carrying over the votes from last week however, I think she would stay.

Angie's Diamonds really didn't impress me that much. I love her at the piano but for me, the performance felt to mechanical and fell flat. The other one was so much better and I disagree when people say that she has a bland tone to her voice, there are moments where she sounds recognisable and unique.

Candice was fantastic and deserves to be in the final 2 really, not much else to say

All in all a good show, but I fear the result will be predictable!
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abigail88 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is US pace or not but will use spoiler tags just in case
    I dont get Kree. Stormy Weather was a fantastic song choice for her to really let loose and showcase personality and grit but she just didn't do it. I just want to shake her and shout 'SIIIING'. She obviously wants to be there, and obviously wants to win, but I dont feel that in her performances.

Amber I think will go this week although she is slowly becoming my favourite at this late stage. I think she has the potential to do really well outside of the competition. My Funny Valentine was exquisite and it was a good contrast with her earlier song. However I dont think it's enough to save her. If they weren't carrying over the votes from last week however, I think she would stay.

Angie's Diamonds really didn't impress me that much. I love her at the piano but for me, the performance felt to mechanical and fell flat. The other one was so much better and I disagree when people say that she has a bland tone to her voice, there are moments where she sounds recognisable and unique.

Candice was fantastic and deserves to be in the final 2 really, not much else to say

All in all a good show, but I fear the result will be predictable!
    Pretty much agree with everything you say. Although i think Angie was terrible and based on last nights performances should go. If votes weren't being carried over, i think she would.

Candice completely knocked it out of the park! Loved it! It was absolutely amazing! Both performances. I think she will go though, but hope she doesn't.
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much agree with everything you say. Although i think Angie was terrible and based on last nights performances should go. If votes weren't being carried over, i think she would.

Candice completely knocked it out of the park! Loved it! It was absolutely amazing! Both performances. I think she will go though, but hope she doesn't.
    yeah I agree with this. Candice was amazing on both her songs. It was really evident when she sang Bruno Mars as telling a story and put more emotion into it than angie and kree before her who were singing the sng from their own point of view (not sure if that makes sense but don't really know how to word it).

I thought this was a really poor night from angie and she's lucky the votes from last week are carried forward and she was amazing last week. To me she made diamonds quite boring and her second song just didn't seem very like angie.

I don't understand why amber chose just give me a reason when she didn't even know the words. It was clear she wasn't familiar enough with the song because she didn't show any of the emotion the song require, especially if you compare it with pink - I may be biased since I love pink and that is one of my favourite songs of the moment. I thought my funny was a big improvement but I thought the judges were a bit over the top in their praise.

Candice I thought was by far the best on the night. I enjoyed both songs and she doesn't over sing.

I enjoyed krees performances particularly her first one but I don't think she has been as good the last few as she was at the start of the live shows.

In the group performance of wings I got the impression amber had no idea what the words were she looked lost when all 4 were singing together.

I think amber will go.
    Tonight's performances I'd rate as Candice - Kree - Amber - Angie but I think Angies performances last week will save her.
  • Flower PotFlower Pot Posts: 16,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    omg if they praise this dirge of an interpretaion of funny valentine from amber they are definitely tone deaf! she was off-key so many times & it was yawn-inducing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yep its official, theyre tone deaf
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    candice is back :D
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Candice must win she is amazing I find Angie quite overrated she sounds good on some songs but I find her tone quite annoying occasions. I didn't like Amber's first performance but she redemmed herself on the second song it was really good . I find Kree quite boring but I really liked her first song she sang it suited her the second song however was boring. I think Amber or Kree will go although it should be either Angie or Kree based on tonights performances.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its also official that harry connick jr is a d!ck :rolleyes: randy did not tell her to sing the etta version, he said 'knowing you, you'd have chosen the etta version' which is more her style & to stay true to herself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow, little mix are a million times better than them! o.O
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,618
    Forum Member
    If Candice doesn't win this, there is something far wrong here. Her version of the Bruno Mars song was great, but her version of You've Changed was in a whole different league from anything I've ever heard on American Idol. She's a class act and no mistake.
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think all 4 finalists are really good but, for me, Candice is definitely in a different league and should win!
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Flower Pot wrote: »
    wow, little mix are a million times better than them! o.O
    You can't really compare that performance Little Mix are a group and they are four solo artists so they are obviously not going to blend as well as Little Mix together.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Flower Pot wrote: »
    omg if they praise this dirge of an interpretaion of funny valentine from amber they are definitely tone deaf! she was off-key so many times & it was yawn-inducing

this

I was cringing when she was singing that and was waiting for them savaging her at the end and nearly fell off my seat when I saw they were giving her a standing O

I was a big lucie jones fan on x factor a few years ago and lucie's version was so superior to that tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcsoXKEGuAI
    Forum Member
    overall thought tonights show was poor

I seem to say this every week but despite how smooth Candice's voice is I just haven't really liked any of her song choices

angie had her poorest week for awhile but should be safe

amber's first song wasn't great either , she looked so uncomfortable singing up tempo

loved harry connick as a mentor , how great would he be as a judge if someone could get him. he said something to kree in the VT before her second performance that I have said so many times over the years about contestants on these shows. too often they abuse a song to try and show of how many vocal tricks they can do and the song becomes nothing more than a vehicle for their voice. whereas they should be using their voice to showcase the song and what the song stands for.

was so glad to see him pick them up on that
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,618
    Forum Member
    mimik1uk wrote: »

I seem to say this every week but despite how smooth Candice's voice is I just haven't really liked any of her song choices

amber's first song wasn't great either , she looked so uncomfortable singing up tempo

loved harry connick as a mentor , how great would he be as a judge if someone could get him. he said something to kree in the VT before her second performance that I have said so many times over the years about contestants on these shows. too often they abuse a song to try and show of how many vocal tricks they can do and the song becomes nothing more than a vehicle for their voice. whereas they should be using their voice to showcase the song and what the song stands for.

So was I, but they mostly ignored him. That was where Kree went wrong, not the song choice. The song was a good choice for her. She has the ability. If she had only followed his advice, it would have been great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4troy7 wrote: »
    You can't really compare that performance Little Mix are a group and they are four solo artists so they are obviously not going to blend as well as Little Mix together.
    it wasnt the blending that was the problem, it was their solo lines. little mix started out as soloists too and they seemed to fly completely under the radar as just average singers til the last few weeks but watching this (& tonights AI girls attempting their song) shows just how good they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abql4G21l0c
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed a lot of the performances tonight.
    Angie continues to do a good job and keeping fans happy. Both songs were good for me.
    Amber is always going to be compare with Candice and tonight the comparison was stark. Candice sang beautifully on both occasion.
    Kree.... (sighs!) my early favourite is no longer thrilling me. She just doesn't seem to have the fire in her belly.

As to the judges commenting on the tense atmosphere with the singers, maybe they need to look at themselves. This is not nice to watch, and Nicki should get the boot.

As for the result
    You know the drill... stay away from daily mail website today.
  • LandisLandis Posts: 14,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another great show. I was expecting these four to be really close but for me the group is split now.

Kree singing her first song for Harry - sounded great. But the actual performance sounded strained.

Candice singing her second song for Harry - sounded weak and maybe the wrong key. But the actual performance was suberb.

Very hard now for me to pick between Angie and Candice. I think this year will have the best runner up of any series. If you push me I will say Candice to win. Her second song had moments which just edged her into the big league....
    Angie is going to be signed to write her first album anyway so the outcome is not critical for her.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    That'll teach me...I am just catching up with last night's programme and thought I'd google Harry Connick Jr and there on the first link about him was the name of the one to leave last night. :mad:
  • bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a weird uncomfortable show that was. The judges arguing, Harry being a total shite mentor, how annoying was he. He even critics them when they have performed, jeez give the girls a break. He certainly didn't help Amber. You could clearly see the judges being pissed off with him. Poor Amber she knew she was out from the beginning of the show, her confidence had taken a beating.

Out of the three remaining I suppose it will have to Candice to win.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »

Hated Harry as a mentor :D
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    bingoes wrote: »
    What a weird uncomfortable show that was. The judges arguing, Harry being a total shite mentor, how annoying was he. He even critics them when they have performed, jeez give the girls a break. He certainly didn't help Amber. You could clearly see the judges being pissed off with him. Poor Amber she knew she was out from the beginning of the show, her confidence had taken a beating.

But will she?;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo March wrote: »
    But will she?;)

I think so, or i hope so ;)
    Forum Member
    Hated Harry as a mentor :D

agree or disagree with him was it not refreshing to see someone actually call the contestants on their flaws rather than tell them how great they are all the time

he was dead right when he pulled up amber on not having a clue what she was actually singing about with the lyrics to my funny valentine for example
    Forum Member

she got knocked out because she has consistently been the poorest of the 4 that were left , you cant blame harry connick for her being in the bottom three as often as she has and for being bottom last week before he had even been on the show