Options

First Time Wii User/Resi Evil

TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi,

Thinking of buying a Nintendo Wii to play games I missed out on. I'm a Playstation fanboy at heart but I'm wanting to play a few games on the Wii, mainly for Resident Evil Remake.

What exactly do I need? Memory card? Different controller for the Resident Evil Remake game and SNES classics?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, you'll need a gamecube memory card and a gamecube controller for Resident Evil. I don't think the gamecube controller will work with SNES classics though. You might need a classic controller for that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Hi,

Thinking of buying a Nintendo Wii to play games I missed out on. I'm a Playstation fanboy at heart but I'm wanting to play a few games on the Wii, mainly for Resident Evil Remake.

What exactly do I need? Memory card? Different controller for the Resident Evil Remake game and SNES classics?

Thanks

I assume you are talking about this version of the game https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5055060951651#.U7gqnLEhTIU

Its the Gamecube remake re-released on the Wii

To play it you'd just need a Wii mote and nunchuk, you could also get a Wii pro controller with can be used to play most games
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool, so I literally just need a wii and the games then?

What about memory though for saves? Can you buy these RE games digitally?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool, so I literally just need a wii and the games then?

What about memory though for saves? Can you buy these RE games digitally?

The Wii saves game data internally like the 360/ps3 etc would so no need for a memory card and i don't think they are on the Wii

I know that the chronicles games are available on the PS store though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    The Wii saves game data internally like the 360/ps3 etc would so no need for a memory card and i don't think they are on the Wii

I know that the chronicles games are available on the PS store though

Do I need a 'nunchuck' then? Or can I just use the long remote style controller you get?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh sorry I thought you were talking about the Gamecube version - I didn't know they had released a Wii one.

Yes, you will need a nunchuk and remote.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do I need a 'nunchuck' then? Or can I just use the long remote style controller you get?

Yeah you'll need a Nunchuck or if we feel like using a controller (which in my opinion would be better in a game like RE) then get one of these https://uk.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=wii+pro+controller&section=&refinecat=Wii+Accessories or something similar
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. Might pick one up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should I get a component cable too? I heard it's a dire screen via scart on a HD screen.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Make sure you get Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition as it's flippin awesome ;)
    You need Wiimote + Nunchuck which it does make pretty good use of.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Make sure you get Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition as it's flippin awesome ;)
    You need Wiimote + Nunchuck which it does make pretty good use of.

I already have it for PS3 thanks. Played the PS2 version and the PS3 Remaster so think I'm done lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a component cable for my Wii, there is a noticeable improvement and I recommend it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so bit confused...

I take it I play Resi Evil Remake with the controller and nunchuck? If so, does the game have motion features then??