Options

Dodgy Email from BT?

spoonsspoons Posts: 427
Forum Member
I have no idea what they are on about here is the text.

If this email does not display properly, please click here

Your BT Yahoo! PAY-AS-YOU-GO account status
Dear Stephen,

Please read this important message about your
*censored*@btinternet.com account
If you're using a BT Broadband or BT Total Broadband account
You have received this email because you haven't yet registered your original BT Yahoo! Pay-as-you-go email address as a broadband email address.

To keep *censored*@btinternet.com, please call us on Freefone 0800 633 5335, selecting Option 3. (Lines open 8am to midnight.)

If you're using a BT Yahoo! Pay-as-you-go account
In a recent review, we found that you're registered as a BT Yahoo! Pay-as-you-go customer, but you haven't accessed your account using the BT Yahoo! Pay-as-you-go1 dialler for at least 30 days.

In our terms and conditions, which you accepted when you signed up for this service, you agreed to connect to the internet using this dial-up number at least every 90 days.

This email is to let you know that, unless you connect using your dial-up BT Yahoo! Pay-as-you-go service in the next 60 days, we'll assume that you no longer need your account and email address and we'll stop your service.

If you still wish to use your BT Yahoo! Pay-as-you-go account, all you need to do is dial up using the BT Yahoo! Pay-as-you-go icon on your desktop, within the next 60 days.

If you no longer have this icon, you can easily download the dialler icon now

Please note: to keep your account you must use this dialler every 90 days - accessing your email via webmail on another connection won't be sufficient.

Find out about broadband
BT Total Broadband gives you an 'always-on' (no need to dial up) connection that means you can use the phone while you're on the internet. And you'll get download speeds of up to 8Mb (that's over 100 times the speed of dial-up), so you can get everything the internet has to offer - all for a fixed monthly fee.

Find out about monthly fixed-fee access products

Changed your Internet Service Provider (ISP)?
If you've changed your ISP but want to keep your BT Openworld or BT Internet email address, consider our Premium Mail package. For just £1.47 a month2, you can get:

unlimited storage
more space for attachments so you can send and receive files of up to 10MB
improved protection against viruses, spam and other online threats
enhanced functionality with the new BT Yahoo! webmail interface
fast, efficient support - when you need it
Plus: you can use up to five email addresses for you and your family - and choose to keep your existing email address or get a new one.

To keep your email address using BT Yahoo! Premium Mail, go to www.bt.com/keepmyemail or call us on Freefone 0800 633 5335, selecting Option 3. (Lines open 8am to midnight.)

Best regards,

BT Yahoo! Internet team
bt.yahoo.com

1 5.5p minimum charge.
2 £1.47 includes VAT. Payable by credit card, debit card or Direct Debit. One-month minimum term applies.

Please note that this is an automatically generated email for your information only. Unfortunately we cannot respond to 'replies' to this address.
This email was sent to you because its content affects one of your BT services.

Comments

• Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    you have an email address @btinternet.com that was set up with a dial up account.

you can only keep that address if you use that dial up account.

if you are now a BT broad band customer you need to tell them that as this also qualifies you to keep the email address, but they need to know to link that address to your BB account.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The thing is I am now with BEthere and have changed my main Email account so if I ignore it my account with BT will be stopped and that Email will no longer work?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    that is correct. though my parents were in the same situation and the email address is still active 9 months later.
  • Options
    BT SupportBT Support Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Hi spoons,

You can keep the email address but it will cost £1.47 per month to do so. If you had changed to BT Total Broadband the email address could have been migrated from the dial up account to the broadband account.

If you do wish to keep the address visit
    http://************/r9plkt
    and click the keep my email option.

If you choose not to do this then you will eventually lose the email address. Hope this helps.

Donna
    BT Support
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,207
    Forum Member
    BT Support wrote: »
    You may find it helpful to know that your URLs never post correctly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i think they use what i'm going to call teenyurl which is obviously blocked presumably for obfuscatting other blockede urls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BT Support wrote: »
    Hi spoons,

You can keep the email address but it will cost £1.47 per month to do so. If you had changed to BT Total Broadband the email address could have been migrated from the dial up account to the broadband account.

If you choose not to do this then you will eventually lose the email address. Hope this helps.

Donna
    BT Support

Thank you for your response Donna. I was suspicious of the Email because hovering over the links showed a domain http://email.planning-inc.co.uk/ is ths a BT domain?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    planning-inc.co.uk/ is registered to an individual
  • Options
    BT SupportBT Support Posts: 459
    Forum Member