Men with longer hair - why don't you exist?!

belombbelomb Posts: 3,280
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm not talking head-banging hair metal types, nor World-Of-Warcraft limp ponytails.

I'm thinking lovely swept-across-forehead fringes (no, not Bieber either) like Adam Brody, Julian Casablancas from The Strokes....a musician, arty type.

There are plenty of 20 year old boys with beautiful hair, but no 28 year old men. It's ridiculous that hair is so important to my attraction towards a chap, but I can't help it. Short hair really doesn't do it for me.

Are there ANY men out there with longer hair?!

Comments

• belombbelomb Posts: 3,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and this isn't for a moment me saying "you can ONLY be attractive if you have longer hair!" or anything like that...nor is it me saying that I'm so wonderful that I can choose to be picky. It's just that recently, I've really noticed fewer and fewer men having the hairstyle that makes me weak at the knees.

Perhaps it's my age!
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I let mine get that long until it finally takes too unreasonably long to faff about with in the morning, then number two or three it all off.
  • TxBelleTxBelle Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    belomb wrote: »
    I'm not talking head-banging hair metal types, nor World-Of-Warcraft limp ponytails.

I'm thinking lovely swept-across-forehead fringes (no, not Bieber either) like Adam Brody, Julian Casablancas from The Strokes....a musician, arty type.

There are plenty of 20 year old boys with beautiful hair, but no 28 year old men. It's ridiculous that hair is so important to my attraction towards a chap, but I can't help it. Short hair really doesn't do it for me.

yes, i agree. Where are you all?:confused:
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    lol, we do. I always get complimented on my hair, but I just think it's a bit of a mess :D

And I'm 27. Maybe I should grow up? :D
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TxBelle wrote: »
    yes, i agree. Where are you all?:confused:

I'll take "in the barbers" for 100 dollars, please.
  • ubanjodubanjod Posts: 4,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RussellIan wrote: »
    I let mine get that long until it finally takes too unreasonably long to faff about with in the morning, then number two or three it all off.

Same here.

I feel it looks better long, but I really cant be arsed and convenience always wins over looks for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,103
    Forum Member
    Ugh "swept across the forehead hair"? Like Zeke from neighbours? I can't stand that on girls even. Symmetric hair FTW.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    lol, we do. I always get complimented on my hair, but I just think it's a bit of a mess :D

And I'm 27. Maybe I should grow up? :D

No, don't do it! We need more like you, so that others can follow suit!

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm bringing them up. They're still in school at the moment, but once they're out and about I'll let you know ;)

My 16yr old has a do I don't how to describe. Sort of long fringe, but a short back and sides, with it being purposely outgrown and 'just out of bed'. My 14yr old is going for a Kurt Cobain, but currently has it died black.

Since they were about 10rs old they've refused to have short hair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrHoppy wrote: »
    Ugh "swept across the forehead hair"? Like Zeke from neighbours? I can't stand that on girls even. Symmetric hair FTW.

Don't watch Neighbours, so don't know. Last time I watched it (University 3rd year....2005?) Zeke was about 12 and had only been in it five minutes!

But asymmetrical hair is the best! :P
  • ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try France OP

I totally agree as to the importance of great hair on a man.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    I'm bringing them up. They're still in school at the moment, but once they're out and about I'll let you know ;)

My 16yr old has a do I don't how to describe. Sort of long fringe, but a short back and sides, with it being purposely outgrown and 'just out of bed'.
    My 14yr old is going for a Kurt Cobain, but currently has it died black.

Since they were about 10rs old they've refused to have short hair.

I know what you mean, and this sort of hair is also acceptable! Like... *whispers* Aiden from last year's X Factor. :o Oh dear, I am a sensible woman with two degrees, and here I am knowing the hair of past X Factor contestants. I blame Christmas and all the crap I've gorged myself on; it's sent me bonkers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean, and this sort of hair is also acceptable! Like... *whispers* Aiden from last year's X Factor. :o Oh dear, I am a sensible woman with two degrees, and here I am knowing the hair of past X Factor contestants. I blame Christmas and all the crap I've gorged myself on; it's sent me bonkers.

Yeah, that's the sort of thing. I also loved Aiden, but I'm not going to go there. Shhhh....! ;)
  • ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    Mine's usually long in the winter (though in the summer I usually shave it when it's hot) and I had long hair as a kid as well (well, we were only allowed it until it touched the collar at school) and not the silly flicked fringe that canadian annoying brat has as well :(
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your hair thins as you get older and it's not always possible to have longer hair when you're not in your teens or twenties.
  • irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you're not condoning men with pony-tails... its just WRONG
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
    Forum Member
    I love Roger Federer's hair. It's not long, but it's luscious and thick and in exceptional condition - and doesn't he know it! :D
  • flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes there called women ! and tend to speak in a high pitched voice trying to emulate cheryl cole.
    By the way i am a heavy metal fan ! i wonder if cheryl cole is bored with her ex yet?
  • Carlos_dfcCarlos_dfc Posts: 8,262
    Forum Member
    RussellIan wrote: »
    Ha-ha. That's me too....
    Just let it grow until it's more bother than it's worth, then an overall no.3
    Dunno if age has owt to do with it... I'm 48 FWIW
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    Yeah, that's the sort of thing. I also loved Aiden, but I'm not going to go there. Shhhh....! ;)

I have to hide my love of Aiden. That intense stare he had, coupled with his hair...it sent me a bit funny!

Haha. Oh dear!

Re. the poster who said something about hair thinning...yeah, that's sort of what I thought, in that the close to 30 I get, the fewer men have my desired hair type, and I thought it did have something to do with age. :(

I mean, it's not a complete pre-requisite of a relationship with a chap, but it would just be nice if a lovely bloke who liked music, reading, being silly, eating and wine also had beautiful hair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »
    I'll take "in the barbers" for 100 dollars, please.

Are you getting a haircut?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,103
    Forum Member
    irishguy wrote: »

Go tell that to Steven Segal. Ponytails are cool for everybody. Men look funny with bunches though.
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Or with that most accursed 'horse-mane hair' - ie many of the Chippendales in the 90s, or any 'hunks' in anything like Dr Quinn Medicine Woman from the same era. UuUUuuUUGH!!!
  • ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    I love Roger Federer's hair. It's not long, but it's luscious and thick and in exceptional condition - and doesn't he know it! :D

Fed has perfect hair, second only to Mr C.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

hey, for the guys I date, Im just glad that they have hair much less whether long or not.