Your most annoying cancellation?

1234568»

Comments

• OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jordofs wrote: »
    Another one to add: My Wife and Kids!!

Wow that's a good one. I didn't actually watch it in an avid way... so I just never knew it got cancelled in a controversial way. But it was a good show with a good cast. Nice to see it recognized amongst all the usual suspects*

*Lets be honest: Firefly is what this is all about, this is just a thread to clandestinely raise that Wicked and Righteous Spectre! (though I'm a little bemused that there isn't a lot of Deadwood rattle and hum too {even though I absolutely love how Deadwood "ended"; leave it there!})
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    The Class, My Name Is Earl, Heroes, Ugly Betty.

(Mainly because most of them ended on cliffhangers).

Do you watch raising hope? The last episode in America had a great nod to it bringing all the cast back with a list.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sheff71 wrote: »
    Though none were as unnecessary as the BBC's Merlin cancellation, and rushed end to the last series...

The BBC had nothing to do with Merlin being cancelled.
  • MySkassMySkass Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just skimmed through the first 3 pages and the only shows I'm familiar with are Dead Like Me(great series) and Family Guy(have not seen this in years).

It's weird that I'm not familiar or have not seen almost all the other shows mentioned.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tru Calling

It started off average, then just as it got good it was cancelled!
  • Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mr_me wrote: »
    Tru Calling

It started off average, then just as it got good it was cancelled!

Agreed, but that is where the problem lies, if a show has a poor start it does not get viewers and risks cancelation, although I like slow boilers they are very high risk in the fly or die world of US major net work TV.
  • bbfiveneverbbfivenever Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just re-watched Freaks and geeks, and that ended far too early.

Great potential in that show, and Judd Apatow and most of the cast have gone on to bigger/better things.

Other shows i was sad about cancelling were; Invasion, Flash Forward, the event, Tru Calling, Angel, Reaper, Pushing Daisies.

With some of the tripe on in the US now it's hard to know how they choose what goes and what stays. some critically aclaimed shows don't even get a look in with a second series, yet shows like Parks and Rec (which i love BTW) which get pretty bad audience shares actually get persisted with.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two recent ones that come to mind are 666 Park Avenue and The Killing, US version.
  • spoonsspoons Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Sarah Connor Chronicles
  • tim_smithtim_smith Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carnivale

Men In Trees

Invasion

Harry's Law
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deadwood and Carnivale.
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    For me the most annoying is Journeyman
  • cctpscctps Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was so gutted when Ugly Betty was cancelled, as the show was at its best at the time.

I was particularly sad when V was cancelled. A great show cancelled before its time.