New Tricks Series 11

Comments

• FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Abriel wrote: »
    Anyone know where the street scenes were filmed? Are they used in Call the midwife?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2556094/New-Tricks-rolls-cameras-1950s-flashback-wedding-new-series-old-motorsnall.html

'Residential street in South London'

Interesting you mention Call the Midwife, considering the flashback to the 50's mention!

Like I said last week, they do like their flashbacks this series!
    Forum Member
    Brilliant episode.

Loved every minute of it.
    Cracking script. If only they were all this good!

The humour was funny - Gerry and his sausage roll .. lol.
    And Danny like this is the way he should always be. Humourous little remarks, and not a bit boring!

Didn't even mind Steve and Sasha's private bits.

It was, in fact, to me anyway, as good as anything from an old episode of the old team.
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely the best episode of series 11 so far,brilliant story
  • davidsevendavidseven Posts: 3,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An appearance by Julie Graham doesn't bode well for a series 12. :o:D
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know where the street scenes were filmed? Are they used in Call the midwife?

Possibly Lambeth.
  • comedy89comedy89 Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davidseven wrote: »
    An appearance by Julie Graham doesn't bode well for a series 12. :o:D

I think there will be a series 12 there is still life in the programme and tonight showed that .
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2556094/New-Tricks-rolls-cameras-1950s-flashback-wedding-new-series-old-motorsnall.html

'Residential street in South London'

Interesting you mention Call the Midwife, considering the flashback to the 50's mention!

Like I said last week, they do like their flashbacks this series!

I suppose that's what made me think of Ctm
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much better tonight, although the Julie Graham effect is a threat...
  • Ben_PainterBen_Painter Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    I'm liking the praise for tonight's episode, because I really enjoyed it too! I agree I think it was the best so far. The plot was a lot simpler, making it more involving and thus giving more room for the characters, especially Steve. I loved every scene between him and Tricia. I also found it interesting that it's implied he was a bad father, because of the experience with his own father. All in all it was a brilliant episode.
  • chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    comedy89 wrote: »
    I think they have a set , though I could be wrong .
    k9fan wrote: »
    Possibly Lambeth.

99.9% certain it's Roupell Street, Waterloo - where my grandmother was born in 1888. you could actually see the street name early on - but I was looking out for it anyway, although Shiplake Street must have been the set mentioned in the Daily Getsworse.

In one of the scenes, the big red-brick building in the background would be Waterloo Main Line Station, although Nan's house backed on to the line from Charing Cross to London Bridge, (well, the railway was way above the houses)
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    comedy89 wrote: »
    I think there will be a series 12 there is still life in the programme and tonight showed that .

One decent script does not equate there will be another season.
    Forum Member
    One decent script does not equate there will be another season.

First episode was great as well.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k9fan
    Possibly Lambeth.
    chestfield wrote: »
    99.9% certain it's Roupell Street, Waterloo - where my grandmother was born in 1888. you could actually see the street name early on - but I was looking out for it anyway, although Shiplake Street must have been the set mentioned in the Daily Getsworse.

In one of the scenes, the big red-brick building in the background would be Waterloo Main Line Station, although Nan's house backed on to the line from Charing Cross to London Bridge, (well, the railway was way above the houses)

Yes, putting Roupell Street in google, you are 100% correct.:)

http://www.lera.org.uk/local-history.html

http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/sites/default/files/pl-roupell-street-statement-2007.pdf
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did they say that they put the body in the car and bury it on a bomb site.? Unlikely as most people didn't have cars in 1956 and most people, especially women, couldn't drive. When my wife learned to drive in 60s, she was rare and unusual and people would stare at a woman driving a car.. Also the bomb site would have been cleared and built over in the intervening years, so surely his remains would have been found.?
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Did they say that they put the body in the car and bury it on a bomb site.? Unlikely as most people didn't have cars in 1956 and most people, especially women, couldn't drive. When my wife learned to drive in 60s, she was rare and unusual and people would stare at a woman driving a car.. Also the bomb site would have been cleared and built over in the intervening years, so surely his remains would have been found.?
    Presumably finding a body in a bomb site was quite common, depending on how long it was before it was found would determine if anyone thought it suspicious...

and was it Julie Graham sitting on the park bench at 00:57s?

K
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    Presumably finding a body in a bomb site was quite common, depending on how long it was before it was found would determine if anyone thought it suspicious...

K

Surely there would have to be an investigation and inquest.:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely there would have to be an investigation and inquest.:confused:
    Did they hold inquests for everyone that died in the Blitz?

K
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only got 4.9m (over 2m down YOY) yesterday. Still good for a drama, but low for New Tricks. I suspect it will be its penultimate series. Its had a good run, but now its time to rest it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed that. A good script makes a huge difference. It actually felt like New Tricks instead of a random generic crime show.
    Only got 4.9m (over 2m down YOY) yesterday.
    I'm not surprised, given the two dreadful episodes that preceded it.
    Forum Member
    KennyT wrote: »

and was it Julie Graham sitting on the park bench at 00:57s?

K

Just watching it again ...

No, it's not.

It's someone a lot younger, with a smile on her face.
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed that. A good script makes a huge difference. It actually felt like New Tricks instead of a random generic crime show.

I'm not surprised, given the two dreadful episodes that preceded it.

It was dented a bit by the football on ITV (5.5m), but its New Tricks lowest rating I think? The change of characters has turned away loyal viewers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching it again ...

No, it's not.

It's someone a lot younger, with a smile on her face.
    :D:D:D:D

K
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought the husband drove the car? We certainly saw a car in the flashback, my dad used to have one in the mid '50s and I never got the impression it was that unusual - we weren't very well off either.
    Yes it would've been unusual for a woman to drive, but certainly not unknown - a lot of women drove during the war after all.
    As for burying on a bomb site - could be risky, but if the body got to decompose for a few years its unlikely anyone would've thought it too suspicious. A lot of bombsites were left for a very long time after the war - there were even some still around during the late '80s!
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First episode was great as well.

I was not impressed with the quality of the writing for that episode, Mondays episode was good but it did not need the Sasha nonsense, now that Graham has appeared must mean its doomed.:D
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am liking the new New Tricks but it's not the same as the old New Tricks.

i don't actually dislike any of the new characters. It's just not the same.