Options

Revenge Season 4 (US Pace)

Comments

• Options
    lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's certainly more intriguing than it was before.

Can't work David out and Emily is reignited, but Charlotte also knows the truth and could change everything but then she would need a brain for that...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best episode in a long while and I was really skeptical about David still being alive, but that episode was one of the best in a long while and the best of the season tbh
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    Surely David doesn't trust Victoria 100% ? LOL :D at Nolan's "Little Arson Annie" line
  • Options
    kaz80kaz80 Posts: 1,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaimesw wrote: »
    Wow :o

Just watched last nights episode...

David definitely is playing Victoria, I don't for one minute believe he doesn't know the game she is playing.

Can't say too much as I know most will not have seen it yet... But best episode in my eyes for a while.

i was thinking that perhaps he was playing her, he did seem to recognise Emily as Amanda in previous ep, he paused before Nolan came into the room.
  • Options
    kaz80kaz80 Posts: 1,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Surely David doesn't trust Victoria 100% ? LOL :D at Nolan's "Little Arson Annie" line

haha i LOVE Nolan:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I am officially back on the revenge train after episode 4. Cannot wait to see how this develops from here, and whether David will acknowledge Emily as his daughter, as he clearly recognized her when she was sleeping.
  • Options
    lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just hope they don't have them reunited as one of them is about to die or something :cool:
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Okay, so Victoria needs to die a painful death by the series finale and Daniel and Charlotte - yeah, I don't care for either of them.

Emily and Nolan need to grab David and get him the hell away from Victoria and preferably sooner than later.

I'm surprised they didn't wait until the winter finale to publicly reveal him to the world. Where else aside from the inevitable David/Emily reunion can this show go really?

Louise using Daniel to get revenge/stalk Victoria is just weird really.

Poor Magaux needs more to do.

Ben is annoying, not charming, 7/10
  • Options
    billykubrickbillykubrick Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best episode in a long while and I was really skeptical about David still being alive, but that episode was one of the best in a long while and the best of the season tbh

Unlike Revolution or the new V both of which I was very disappointed came to an early end, I really thought Revenge should have been satisfyingly wrapped up last season (even though I very much enjoy it). However I too am thoroughly enjoying it again mainly, it has to be said, about the main characters. Can't, at present, get too enthused about Margaux, Daniel and some of the other minor characters, but happy if they come to perform an integral role in the plot.
  • Options
    Cole DeschanelCole Deschanel Posts: 3,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    So it is actually looking as bad as I thought it would be.

I partially agree with you. Having indulged in the first 4 episodes, I hate to say that i'm not liking the direction of where this season is headed. It's plain as day that vipor Vikky is out to discredit Emily in David's eyes before they even come together in (A) not making him away that his daughter is actually alive & kicking & (B) painting dumb ass Charlotte to be thehero ewho got him exonerated in the media. David bores me senseless as bringing him back is a colossal mistake. What could he possibly contribute to his nearest & dearest? The ideal plotlines for this year which I am confident would have had everyone glued to the edge of their seats should have been Conrad & Victoria joining forces to exact revenge on Emily. Conrad should have been out for her blood for her putting him behind bars & Victoria should have gone on the warpath for the blonde vixen putting thebbest matriarch on Primetime TV in the mental institution. It's pathetic & laughable that Jack is in the police force after being an accessory in Charlotte's kidnapping. I wish they didn't skip 6 months. I miss Emily & Daniel not having any scenes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teabag84 wrote: »
    I genuinely believe the show DOES NOT need this! It should be focusing on Emily and David surely? At the end of the day, Victoria is the reason, well one if them, that this revenge begun. Will we wait an entire series until she realises David is alive after all or does she know already?

I agree, Victoria is the centre of everything which transpired from the bombing of Flight 197 & David's "death." It's infuriating how now she's portraying herself as an innocent bystander who had no control of what Conrad did & her protests fell on deaf ears. Clearly she's learnt nothing from her half-hearted apology to Emily in the premier of Season 4 when she had the gall to say "We'reeeven. You killed Pascal & I killed Aide..." As much as I love the slithering snake, she only ever gelled incredibly well with Conrad as I loved how they always tried to outdo each other. The producers only killed Conrad off to make way fora torrid rreunion between David & Victoria which I find to be sickening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    Revenge is at its best when it's shocking, violent and brutal. Victoria murdering Aiden was one of the most upsetting, disturbing scenes I've ever witnessed. I loved it. :D
    The first half of season 3 was great but the second half was trash and only got good in the last 3 episodes. I want the consistency of season 1 for this new season and, most of all, to wipe the smirk of Daniel's face. Can't stand him.

Daniel is incredible, though I don't like his pairing with Margeux & dimwitt Louise. I simply loved the scene in Season 3 when he shoved Emily's face in the pillow after she brought about Sarah's departure & said "Sterilising you was my gift to the world. " I was blown away by his cruelty as it was easy for him to fall in love wit her. I will still never make my peace with the fact it was totally wrong for thr writers to make him the shooter in a drunken stupor. He should have been in his right frame of mind whenghe pulled the trigger. How I dearly miss Conrad. He was the best villain on TV. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as i like Revenge, i hope season 4 is the last. I don't see what else it can cover.

The fact that David Clarke was alive the whole time felt like a smack in the face and in someway made all of Emily's actions and plans we had seen other three seasons as pointless and becoming less on a doing redemption for what she had assumed was a dead man who died being branded as a traitor to the United states of america.

Beautifully summarised as I posted over the Summer that the entire premise of this show rode on a young woman going on the path of retribution to clear her father's name who she initially believed to be wrongfully incarcerated for Flight 197 but that shifted to her learning of his murder at the end of Season 1, only for us to now learn that he's been alive all along & been in hiding to reveal himself when it was convenient for him. Emily cleared the path for his miraculous return so the only logical way forward is for her to seek answers as to why David allowed her to put herself in the line of fire when he could have come forward a lot sooner in making her aware of his wretched existence. "Amanda, Duncan, Charlotte's baby, Aiden & even Pascal paid the ultimate price.

But while all this NEED to be addressed by the perpetrator when confronting her father by listing him all the lives lost in his cause when it could have been avoided, this show is still very much my only guilty pleasure after Prison Break, Brothers & Sisters ended & I gave up on The Bold and the Beautiful in August 2010. I am itching for it to go up to Season 5 & beyond but a new & intriguing plot must be pulled out of the bag. All ABC Shows have exceeded past Season 5 + ( bar Ugly Betty) which should never have been produced. Emily NEEDS to wise-up sooner rather than later & raise the million dollar question to why David chose to reveal himself after Conrad's exposure on the Season 3 finale. It is painfully clear that he kept a watchful eye on her handywork for the first 3 Seasons (or hired someone to do his dirty work & report back to him.) She cannot lose sight of this fact & buy into the story that Conrad kept him captive for "10 years" to explain his bruises which he inflicted himself in episide 4 last week. She will no doubt give him an ultimatum to end his relationship with Victoria who is the best female villain after Kimberlin Brown on The Bold and the Beautiful & The Young and the Restless or lose her for good.

The producers cleared the way for Victoria to rekindle the spark with David by bumping Conrad off who was the perfect candidate to expose her manipulation & devious ways because she has depicted herself as the victim in David's eyes. I cannot wait for the gloves to come off in spectacular "Revenge-y fashion.

Hope Patrick makes a return because aside from Danirl & the new copper, there isn't any tasty eye-candy left. Lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    David being alive is the (and yes, it's used way too much) jump the shark moment. I'll watch for Nolan and that's it.

They "copied" this idea of him not being dead after all from Prison Breakwhen it came to light that Michael & Lincoln's mother was aalive too. Truly predictable & unecessary. I miss Conrad already every week & we're only 4 episodesin. Nolan is awful. Daniel & Emily nneed to have more face-time. Any hope of seeing Dr Michelle Banks again so Victoria can give her a piece of her mind too in playing a part in her being institulionised or is it highly doubtful? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    Starts tonight I think. I'll give it a go but my interest is really slipping in this show. If I thought for sure this was going to be the last season I'd stick with it but the EP mentioned a season 5 in an interview a while back so I'm not sure if I'll (or anyone will) stick with it

We're already 4 episodes in & I'm in seventh heaven about there being a Season 5. Woohoo! :) I'm not ready to bid farewell to any of the characters as I enjoy seeing them onscreen. Daniel doesn't seem as athletically build anynore as they haven't shown him hitting the gym for quite some time but he's still sexy as ever. Love him in a slim fitted suit. Lol. The writers need to buckle up their ideas & derive an enthralling plot if Season 4 is to finish on a high. The worst ending ever would be is if David somehow convinces Emily to let bygones be bygones & the 3 of them (Victoria + Charlotte) live in harmony as one big happy family. Too much blood has been spilt & hatred has reached new heights to come out of the other side unscathed. I want there to be lots of physical altercations & showdowns to keep us craving for more. I hate happy endings on American Shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaz80 wrote: »
    I felt there was major holes in it, we go from end of season 3 where we have moved on 6 months supposely - Jack was arrested - to him being a cop, don't know how quickly this happens in US but doesn't happen that quickly in UK lol. Also why would David wait for 6 months to attack/kidnap his next victim, why stay so hidden :/

It made my blood boil that they jumped 6 months. Nobody explained who found Conrad's corpse or whether anyone even tried to revive him before he was declared dead. Jack being appointed a policemanis beyond a joke. Another inconsistency unexplained as to howhe cheated the system in bbeing released from prison when he was arrested for Charlotte's kidnapping. I'm somehow hoping that Louise is revealed to be a relative of Conrad out for blood. She could well be his daughter with his first wife Stevie. I know that would be incestuous cos she's romantically targeting Daniel & if she is Conrad's flesh & blood, that would make her Daniel's half-sister but stranger things have happened...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I thought there was a lot more potential in seeing Victoria locked up for a few episodes.

Her escaping so quickly and so easily kind of renders Emily's revenge in the finale kind of less effective.

But, yes, I did enjoy Emily's reaction to her escape. Probably my favourite part of the episode was how pleased she seemed as she'd missed their battles.

I second that. It would have been interesting viewing to see the psychiatrist working on Victoria's mental state to give her a real taste of her own medicine & see her budding friendship with Phyllis as we only saw her in 2 brief scenes. It's a vicious cycle for her to go on the rampage in bringing Emily down as she was the initial instigator all those years ago when she played an active role in separating Emily/Amanda from her father. She played the victim with Patrick when she filled him in on her teenage abuse whichshe had no ccontrol over but she was just as much culpable as Conrad. Her betrayal speaks volumes as she led David into a false sense of security when she trapped him into her web of love. I don't like what Emily has done with Grayson manor in changing the furniture & having it redecorated. Her presence in there on a permanent basis takes away the image of a headstrong, dominant, vibrant and calculated matriarch ruling the castle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I thought it was enjoyable in parts but I can't help thinking that this season needs to be the last one really.

David being alive, I still think is a bad idea but the last scene with him and Victoria was interesting enough.

All of Victoria's scenes in Claremont were interesting. Not surprised that she was able to get Louise and Phyllis to help her escape from the place.

Her vowing revenge on Emily is both comical and unjustified though.

Emily trying to help Nancy get revenge - I'm glad Nolan called her out on it and that she saw some sense in the end though.

Two delightfully camp moments - Nolan arriving with the throne with some hunky sailors and Victoria's power walk with the umbrella out of Claremont for good measure.

Does anyone care about Charlotte, Daniel and Gideon? Apart from the writers, I'm pretty sure audiences are long past giving a toss. All three can go.

Margaux's hair is utterly horrible. Still like the character though.

Jack as a cop, I'm having a hard time believing (even with his motives detailed onscreen) but I kind of like Ben though, 7/10

Ben is gorgeous but I don't want Emily to fall for him. Her & Aiden were a perfect fit & she had chemistry with Daniel too. Margeux is tolerable & indispensable as the focus on Le Marshall empire is not as tantalising aa the drama surrounding Grayson Global. I too cannot stand her hairstyle. It's something from a bad horror movie. Glad Gideon was shot of in ep 2. It was pointless bringing Nancy in as she soon disappeared so that air-time wouldhave been spent on the focal players. I lloved how Victoria almost lost her temper with Daniel last week when he insulted Pascal's mmemory & she responded "If we weren't in an open space, I'd slap you with an open palm. You will not speak ill of my beloved Pascal..." or words to that effect. :)
  • Options
    Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This season has exceeded my (extremely low) expectations and hopefully this is the last one and they finish it on high. I hope the writers remember that Mason Treadwell knows almost the whole story of emily's revenge and her true identity and he could really throw a spanner in the works since Victoria doesnt know that he knows. When he finds out David is alive I assume he'll request a prison visit from Emily to renegotiate their original deal of him getting to publish the true story since David's version will no doubt be considered the real one for the forseeable future. I think it'd be great for Mason to return and cause chaos for Victoria
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This season has exceeded my (extremely low) expectations and hopefully this is the last one and they finish it on high. I hope the writers remember that Mason Treadwell knows almost the whole story of emily's revenge and her true identity and he could really throw a spanner in the works since Victoria doesnt know that he knows. When he finds out David is alive I assume he'll request a prison visit from Emily to renegotiate their original deal of him getting to publish the true story since David's version will no doubt be considered the real one for the forseeable future. I think it'd be great for Mason to return and cause chaos for Victoria

Mason Treadwell is no longer in prison as due to a staged suicide attempt in episode
    17 (or 18) of Season 3 he fled in a bodybag with Nolan's help. But I'd love for him to make a comeback cos now Emily has nothing to blackmail with & everyone can get their cards out on the table. I'd very much like for him to get the upper hand over Victoria.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mason Treadwell is no longer in prison as due to a staged suicide attempt in episode
    17 (or 18) of Season 3 he fled in a bodybag with Nolan's help. But I'd love for him to make a comeback cos now Emily has nothing to blackmail with & everyone can get their cards out on the table. I'd very much like for him to get the upper hand over Victoria.

I completely forgot about that they broke him out of prison but your comment jogged my memory a bit. What was the reason for getting him out? Was he blackmailing her or was his life in danger? both scenarios sound vaguely familiar but I musnt have been paying attention. But yeah I think a return should happen for Mason and is surely likely since he'd want to suss out the whole story
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely forgot about that they broke him out of prison but your comment jogged my memory a bit. What was the reason for getting him out? Was he blackmailing her or was his life in danger? both scenarios sound vaguely familiar but I musnt have been paying attention. But yeah I think a return should happen for Mason and is surely likely since he'd want to suss out the whole story

Emily's lapdog that is Nolan Ross snuck him out of prison where he staged his hanging. Victoria paid him a visit earlier in the ep but I can't remember what was discussed. Emily brought about his imminent departure half-way through Season 2 where she claimed to have something over him which could one day set him free. My hunch is that she was bluffing as nothing was revealed as to what that could be. I'd love him to make a return. I preferred him on this show than Desperate Housewives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emily's lapdog that is Nolan Ross snuck him out of prison where he staged his hanging. Victoria paid him a visit earlier in the ep but I can't remember what was discussed. Emily brought about his imminent departure half-way through Season 2 where she claimed to have something over him which could one day set him free. My hunch is that she was bluffing as nothing was revealed as to what that could be. I'd love him to make a return. I preferred him on this show than Desperate Housewives.

BIB - As far as I remember she made the deal that he would take the blame for Gordon Murphy's murder and then when Emily achieved her revenge she would exonerate Mason and let him publish her story. However given she always planned on eloping with Aiden I think its safe to say she wouldnt have kept her promise if things worked out that way
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB - As far as I remember she made the deal that he would take the blame for Gordon Murphy's murder and then when Emily achieved her revenge she would exonerate Mason and let him publish her story. However given she always planned on eloping with Aiden I think its safe to say she wouldnt have kept her promise if things worked out that way

My sentiments exactly. All bets are off now as David is alive so Mason would have to publish a new book of Emily's account of events & daddy dearest. David does not hold a candle to Conrad no matter how nefarious the writers make him as he doesn't have the edge & scruples Conrad did. I loved & ddeeply miss how he & Victoria used to outdo one another by trying to make the other look bad in everyone's eyes. Conrad would have blown Victoria's secrets sky high & she wouldn't be as cavalier & smug as she's been thus far. I really wish the physical altercation between her & Emily reaches new heights. Looking forward to ep 5 tonight. I'llbe tuning in first thing in the morning before my brekky. ;-) Did I see correct that Louise gave Daniel a pair of briefs as a gift to join her down by the pool in last week's ep? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show like all US Shows has the tendency of killing off the characters who have real potential & are in a way the saving grace to progress with enthralling scenes. Frank was incredible in Season 1, as was Tyler, "Amanda," Declan, writing Patrick out with no hope / suggestion of a possible return, Aiden & Conrad's exit was the worst decision the executive producers made. Mike Kelly who created the show would never in a million years have bumped off the best patriarch on TV.