I'm getting a hamster!

Comments

• crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baboo Yagu wrote: »
    Bad reports on hamsters? I've heard it all now.

Daughter's friend bought one there and it only lived 3 months. They're better from a breeder.
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    No, because I want something furry to love and give me a reason to want to live.

Hate to break it to you Chris, but hamsters aren't exactly known for their recipricol love.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What, you've just said you have a wife and a Daughter. Aren't they enough to want to live for?

Well not the way they treat me every day, no,
  • EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What, you've just said you have a wife and a Daughter. Aren't they enough to want to live for?.

Yeah but they are not furry enough,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does. Very well too!

Aha! You agreed. Therefore it's a "Hoover" for sure, you have to call other brands "vacuums". It's the law. :cool:

:p

(;))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Lauren. wrote: »
    Hate to break it to you Chris, but hamsters aren't exactly known for their recipricol love.

Daughter's came out on her lap every evening and never bit. Was very tame and adorable. You tame them.
  • TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Apparently if you have pet hamsters rats or mice in your home this will drive out pest rodent infestations as they sense that it is another larger healthier rodents territory.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    I had a friend who had a hamster she called Arnold Shwartzenhamster.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daughter's came out on her lap every evening and never bit. Was very tame and adorable. You tame them.

Yes. This bit I can imagine.

"MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM My hamster broke :cry: "

"Again?"
    Forum Member

I've had hamsters before. I am aware.

Just saying it's not exactly going to be coming when you call it or loving you back, so you might end up disappointed.
  • sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're supposed to do it more than that otherwise they really smell.

So yeah, what the wife's justification for you getting a hamster and not any other pet?

You should only clean a hamster once a week, as they are easily unsettled and don't like their home being messed with too often.

http://www.petwebsite.com/hamsters/routine_hamster_care.htm
    Cage Cleaning

The cage should be cleaned weekly by removing the hamster from the cage and throwing away all old wood shavings and food. Any fresh food that may have been stored by the hamster should be removed after a couple of days to avoid it rotting. The hamster will appreciate it if some of its old bedding is placed in the clean cage along with some fresh bedding.

Chris, hamsters are lovely pets, but I can't help thinking that having another rodent in the house isn't exactly going to help your mouse situation. They will probably sneak into the cage to steal its food :eek: :D
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bomb #21 wrote: »
    Aha! You agreed. Therefore it's a "Hoover" for sure, you have to call other brands "vacuums". It's the law. :cool:

:p

(;))

Its like sellotape....what other name do you call it? Its always been sellotape to me.

Like its always hoovers to me....vacuums is a very old name for them

Anyway, back on topic...cc has no intentions of getting a hamster...and if he does, whats the betting that next week his latest thread will be "dead hamster found in cage...what do i do! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TYCO wrote: »
    Apparently if you have pet hamsters rats or mice in your home this will drive out pest rodent infestations as they sense that it is another larger healthier rodents territory.

Not true. When we had the other we still had mice and they went in the hamster's cage at night and ate all her food. :eek: Wondered why she was emptying her food bowl every night. Sat up one night with a torch and heard them and saw it squeezing trough the bars. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its like sellotape....what other name do you call it?

Sticky tape.
    Forum Member
    Not true. When we had the other we still had mice and they went in the hamstrs cage at night and ate all her food. Wondered why she was emp0tying her food bowl every night. Sat up one night and heard them.

Wow, that must have been a really thin mouse.
  • chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    TYCO wrote: »

well when I was a kid mice used to be attracted by the hamster food in the cupboards and we had mice when we had never had them before we got the hamster

I predict a new thread for chris, the mice will break their rodent brother out of his incarceration and all hell will break loose, crazy times ahead for chris and plenty more threads were this one came from
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Empirical wrote: »
    Sticky tape.

Tsk...there's always one :rolleyes::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They can get through the bars of a hamster cage. Saw it with my own eyes!!
  • chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member

yep thats why it was so hungry !
    :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tsk...there's always one :rolleyes::D

+1.

• Jimmy the GentJimmy the Gent Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mice can get through the tiniest of gaps. Under a door or through a hole not much wider than a biro.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to tell you.

I'm gonna tease you and keep it to myself and wait until the furore of the hamster thread has died down and then I'll start my "Bought a new hoover" thread :D

Chris will have a "my hamster shit everywhere" thread by then:p
    No, because I want something furry to love and give me a reason to want to live.

and have a life span shorter than TRUTHS threads on here!

Will be interesting to see how he gets his daughter and wife into the hamster threads, oops:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who else's eyes would you see it with -- Gary Gilmore's? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mice can get through the tiniest of gaps. Under a door or through a hole not much wider than a biro.

Yes that's why a cage for mice has much smaller gaps than a hamster's cage.
  • mirrorimagemirrorimage Posts: 4,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet the hamster is begging for the microwave as we speak.