All-star cast announced on July 27th

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    Lili27 wrote: »

Thanks Lili.

Mmm, unconviced by some pairings, don't think Apollo looks that comfortable with Karina. Like Peta and Giles they look well matched in fact hawt. I would have preferred Helio with Karina as I've said before, but he looks ok with Chelsie. Shawn and Derek look an odd match. Bristol looks good in that photo, Mark's still acting goofy. Kelly and Val look quite well paired and Tris and Pam too. Think Anna and Drew may grow on me, they look happy together. Wish they hadn't bought back the original couples paired together would have preferred they mixed it up more. The juries out on some of the couples, I await seeing them on the dance floor now.
  • Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    Kelly/Val, Peta/Giles and Drew/Anna look great in their photos.
    Apolo/Karina look awkward and so does Derek/Shawn. Pamela looks drunk in her photo.
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ended Joanna Krupa's season hating her guts - but I don't remember the specifics. I believe she was jealous of and despised Mya and I could feel the tension (and I think there were snide remarks.) But don't have the evidence so I can't produce it.

She was also on a reality show before DWTS and she misbehaved a lot and was called all sorts of names byt he ppl on the message board I frequent (twop) due to her behavior on there but I can't speak to that because I didn't watch it. Still don't like her though.
  • Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    Thanks Lili.

Mmm, unconviced by some pairings, don't think Apollo looks that comfortable with Karina. Like Peta and Giles they look well matched in fact hawt. I would have preferred Helio with Karina as I've said before, but he looks ok with Chelsie. Shawn and Derek look an odd match. Bristol looks good in that photo, Mark's still acting goofy. Kelly and Val look quite well paired and Tris and Pam too. Think Anna and Drew may grow on me, they look happy together. Wish they hadn't bought back the original couples paired together would have preferred they mixed it up more. The juries out on some of the couples, I await seeing them on the dance floor now.

I would've hated to see Kirstie with anyone other than Maks though. Some of the pairings were too predictable though... giving Shawn to Derek & Pamela to Tristan. I would've swapped those two pairings round.
    Forum Member
    Kmc1978 wrote: »
    I would've hated to see Kirstie with anyone other than Maks though. Some of the pairings were too predictable though... giving Shawn to Derek & Pamela to Tristan. I would've swapped those two pairings round.
    Kirstie dancing with anyone else would have been weird IMO. Looking at those Promo photos again a lot of the celebrities do not look comfortable with their new partners.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's fair that some of the celebs have been given new partners and some haven't. I wonder how much fawning the judges are going to do this season. Could be quite sickly to watch.
  • kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have put Karina with Giles, Apolo with Chelsie and Peta with Helio. Shawn would have been good with Louie and Derek with Sabrina if Mark had to dance with Bristol. I think they should have had a Champions of Champion and an all star series instead of mixing winners with runner-ups and others. Personally I would have only have brought back the better dancers & only have the original partners if everyone or nearly everyone was in the same partnership.
    Forum Member
    kp2ni wrote: »
    I would have put Karina with Giles, Apolo with Chelsie and Peta with Helio. Shawn would have been good with Louie and Derek with Sabrina if Mark had to dance with Bristol. I think they should have had a Champions of Champion and an all star series instead of mixing winners with runner-ups and others. Personally I would have only have brought back the better dancers & only have the original partners if everyone or nearly everyone was in the same partnership.

BIB Here here, it has ended up a mish mash and not really an All Stars competition now. Think Julianne (apart from when she danced with her then boyfriend, Chuck, she even said he made her look bad:eek:) really upped the competition when she danced, so don't think they have all the best pros back for this season either. Know she has moved on, but a shame nevertheless if it had truely been the creme de la creme of past winners she should have been there with either Apolo or Helio. So as far as I am concerned this 'All Stars' tag doesn't really bear any reality to what they have ended up with.
    Forum Member
    BIB Here here, it has ended up a mish mash and not really an All Stars competition now. Think Julianne (apart from when she danced with her then boyfriend, Chuck, she even said he made her look bad:eek:) really upped the competition when she danced, so don't think they have all the best pros back for this season either. Know she has moved on, but a shame nevertheless if it had truely been the creme de la creme of past winners she should have been there with either Apolo or Helio. So as far as I am concerned this 'All Stars' tag doesn't really bear any reality to what they have ended up with.
    I don't really think this is an all stars season either. The only way this could have been an all stars If the celebs had all been put with their original pro partner.
    Forum Member
    I don't really think this is an all stars season either. The only way this could have been an all stars If the celebs had all been put with their original pro partner.

Think they should have researched it a bit more before announcing it as all stars, to find out who was able to take part, before all the hype, as it didn't live up to expectation. It all seems a bit odd and cobbled together. With the resultant celebs not on a level playing field, as some have original partners and others have different pros.

I should stop banging on about it now, as it's not going to change anything, but think they could have done such a good job and I am somewhat disappointed.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope Pamela is the 1st out this season. I certainly don't consider her an All Star from DWTS LOL
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    Hope Pamela is the 1st out this season. I certainly don't consider her an All Star from DWTS LOL

I think she's one of the biggest names the show's had, and she went too early in her season, so I'm happy she's back.

I'd have preferred Mya or Brandy, though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sabrina won! :D

She's dancing with Louis Van Amstel :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Odd pairing, I don't think their styles will be a great match but I'm delighted to see Sabrina is back! :D
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I'm glad that Sabrina is the wildcard, she'll add some much-needed strength to the female line-up! (coughcough Bristol and Pamela coughcough).

Sabrina and Mark and Bristol and Louis would make much more sense, though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like Louis, TBH.

I think Kendra could have had more potential with another partner.

But happy for Sabrina :)
    Forum Member

Completely agree. I don't think the producers made the right decisions with partnerships.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    I'm glad that Sabrina is the wildcard, she'll add some much-needed strength to the female line-up! (coughcough Bristol and Pamela coughcough).

Agreed! Especially with Louis being a bit taller than Mark. Bristol towers over Mark in heels :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    I think she's one of the biggest names the show's had, and she went too early in her season, so I'm happy she's back.

I'd have preferred Mya or Brandy, though.

Agree, but should have asked Mya or Brandy back like you said. Maybe they did and both refused.

:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    Agree, but should have asked Mya or Brandy back like you said. Maybe they did and both refused.

:(

I think Brandy said she wasn't up for doing it again sadly, but I tweeted Mya asking her and she said she would have said yes, which means they didn't ask Mya :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    I think Brandy said she wasn't up for doing it again sadly, but I tweeted Mya asking her and she said she would have said yes, which means they didn't ask Mya :(

Thats a shame. She was an amazing competitor. Blasted Donny Osmond took her crown LOL :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did they ask Kristi if she wanted to do it again. She was probs the best female dancer ever to go on the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not to mention Kirstie. Could the female line-up have been more mediocre? Why was Sabrina a wildcard option when the male line-up was already much stronger? Madness.

Anyway, I'm glad Sabrina has been chosen. I like Louis as a person, but he hasn't really had the opportunity to show what he can do with a strong dancer.