Options

Soap Caesarean scene criticised

edduk1981edduk1981 Posts: 2,215
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6766295.stm

What a joke.

EE was at its best last night and almost 200 people out of 8.9 millon that tuned it had nothing better to do that complain, get a life I say!!!

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ffs, what a sad bunch of people moaning about it, this has to be one hell of a country to moan that EE is rubbish and moan EE went too far. Get a grip people you see a lot worse on the news.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,123
    Forum Member
    I second that- get a life!!!

Some pathetic people obviously have nothing else better to do!!
  • Options
    iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Omg.. why is everyone moaning on here about it?

People are entitled to complain if they don't agree with something.

I never saw it but my sister said it was quite disturbing to watch.
  • Options
    edduk1981edduk1981 Posts: 2,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was not disturbing at all.

OMG yeah ok if you under the age of 12 then maybe but its no worse than in corrie having leanne bundled into a boot of a car and then showing the full impact of the car and lorry.

Sorry but double standards knock EE when its doing bad and knock it when its on its way back up.

What do people want a cockney version of eldorado

No offence to anyone that may have watched that but it was boring and it seems to me thats what people want off EE
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iiHEARTy0u wrote: »
    Omg.. why is everyone moaning on here about it?

People are entitled to complain if they don't agree with something.

I never saw it but my sister said it was quite disturbing to watch.

In that case I would be complaining 80% of the time about the dross they call childrens television. I don't get why people complained last night. Maybe they should complain about the reason why the scenes were changed in the first place. After all that is much more distressing!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,887
    Forum Member
    Thank goodness she didn't call anyone a b*stard, think of the uproar then :rolleyes:
  • Options
    SharonsNo1fanSharonsNo1fan Posts: 832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I dont se what was so disturbing about it. Dawn was tied to a bed, May THREATENS to cut the baby out, then Dawn escapes.
  • Options
    LilaLila Posts: 6,780
    Forum Member
    I don't think it was diturbing at all.

I found them showing Libby's Dad trying to kill her more disturbing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    ^i found the lake scene with ben and peter disturbing too
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't find it disturbing. Situations similar to this have happened over the past few years. Nothing wrong with covering the issue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    edduk1981 wrote: »
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6766295.stm

What a joke.

EE was at its best last night and almost 200 people out of 8.9 millon that tuned it had nothing better to do that complain, get a life I say!!!

I'm sorry, maybe it was one of the re-written episodes, I don't know for sure so I can't commenton that, but if it was one of the re-written episods due to the whole Madeleine McCann situation then I have only this to say.

Those of you who called in complaining about the scenes are sad. I bet you would far rather watch Dawn's anguish as her new born baby was kidnapped! Are you really sick enough to complain about the best episode of Easteneders this year? Because it is just pathetic :mad:

^^ Sorry, of course peple have a rightto complain, but if you didn't cmplain about the scenes with Libby and her dad last summer, then I don't see the point. After all May only threatens and I'm squeamish, so the only bits I found distressing were Rob's cut to the head, May's stab wound and the sight of Dawn's wrist. But I didn't complain and I'm extra sensitive to stuff like that......
  • Options
    YatesyYatesy Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I don't know why people are complaining about it tbh but then I guess some people just have too much time on their hands.

It was no more OTT than Mad Maya and Corrie wrung 8 episodes out of that. This was only 1 episode.

The dialogue was a bit disturbing but we didn't SEE anything disturbing.

I think what must have upset people was seeing Dawn in distress tied to the bed. If the ceserean which was only spoken about and didn't happen really disturbed people then they need to get out more.

At least this shows the dialogue was powerful. It must have been to provoke this reaction.

Considering EE have had to change this storyline they've done a good job. Another soap recently changed a storyline and has become very boring as a result and there's always a danger of that when rewriting storylines but I think EE have done a great job. They kept Mondays ep in with the nature of this storyline instead of changing it completely and letting the storyline lose its impact as a result.
  • Options
    TheFirstCutTheFirstCut Posts: 7,306
    Forum Member
    coruna wrote: »
    ffs, what a sad bunch of people moaning about it, this has to be one hell of a country to moan that EE is rubbish and moan EE went too far. Get a grip people you see a lot worse on the news.

Yeah, trouble is there seems to be an increase in these sad people.

We have bred hundreds of little whitehouses.

If you don't like something then don't watch it, is what I say.
  • Options
    circling girlcircling girl Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    It's PC gone mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Options
    ErinfanErinfan Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    Why are people are so quick to complain...if you don't like something then turn it off/don't watch - don't run along to Offcom and try to ruin it for everybody else! EE has been brilliant this week. It has always been a gritty, powerful soap and it returned to its best over the last few weeks. I applaud them for the episodes and I especially applaud them for completely changing the ending of this long-running storyline out of sensitivity to the Madeline situation.

Also - I think Kara's (Hope I remembered the right name!) acting had been fantastic this week.
  • Options
    DennisJax21DennisJax21 Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Erinfan wrote: »
    Why are people are so quick to complain...if you don't like something then turn it off/don't watch
    Yes it does make you wonder if somebody held a gun to their heads and forced them to watch the whole thing doesn't it?

Honestly we're living in 2007, there's no excuse for watching something you don't like anymore. We have remote controls now so being too lazy to get up and turn the TV over is NOT a good enough excuse. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I think those who complained are simply looking for ATTENTION!
    Why ruin a brilliant soap for everyone else - there are far worse things happening in the world.

People like this will just dissuade Soaps from showing hard-hitting storylines.

What do they want - an English version of Little House on the Prairie? Come on - its 2007 - GET REAL!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    The complaints just take away the excitement of the episode for everyone else! Thought it was amazing very dramatic and excellently played by both may and dawns characters! If people don't like it don't watch it ..simple!
  • Options
    dan2007dan2007 Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was agood episode
    funny how on monday it got 8.9 million
    200 people moaned and yet tuesdays episode against emmerdale they got over 7 million so id say most people really enjoyed it
    looks like the summer in walfords going to be agood one
  • Options
    dan2007dan2007 Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole 30mins i enjoyed
    didn't find 1 sec boring at all thought it was dramtic and differnt nice to see eastenders doing something new rather being like all the other soaps doing the same thing over and over and copying each other
    People will allways moan about something
    i doubt the bbc care tbh
    8.9 million on monday
    7.4 million tuesday aginst emmerdale i bet their happy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People in the UK love to complain honest and im pretty sure 99.9% of them is where i live :eek: there day isnt complete without lifting that fone and moaning about something. get a life i say.

It was an excellent episode she didnt even do the section so whats the problem the site of a scalpel too much for them lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it was the idea of May cutting Dawn open to get the baby that they found disturing. Not nice.

Not bad enough to warrant a complaint though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If people found this ep disturbing God knows what they're thinking about the Stella storyline-nothing actually happened with the medical stuff you just saw May telling Dawn what she was going to do and then her getting all the stuff the ready hardly 'disturbing' viewing.
    Surely the stuff on Holby/Casualty is a lot worst the one case that sticks out in my mind from that was a toddeler falling into a deep freeze and being trapped overnight even thought it was a years ago and was obviously a fake baby it still give me the shivers (excuse the very bad pun!) it's ridicculous!