Website hosting and template designer for small business

2»

Comments

• Options
    njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    I assume "FREE Google Webmaster Tools" is something to do with the SEO?
    Google webmaster tools are free from, er, google.
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    njp wrote: »
    Google webmaster tools are free from, er, google.

lol really? then why are they using them as a sellig point! cheeky.

I'd assume that if I made a website with them then there would be a way of making it searchable, but I'm not really good at this kind of thing. Do you have to pay to make it on google?
  • Options
    njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    lol really? then why are they using them as a sellig point! cheeky.
    Indeed. Though there is some slightly techy stuff you have to do to validate your ownership of the website with google, so presumably they do this for you and class that as the free service.
    I'd assume that if I made a website with them then there would be a way of making it searchable, but I'm not really good at this kind of thing. Do you have to pay to make it on google?
    When you've made your website, you can tell google (and other search engines) about it, and within a few days they will index the site, at which point it is potentially reachable through the search engine, even if no other sites link to it.

How well it ranks depends on lots of factors, some of which I was perhaps excessively rude about earlier! I've never used sponsored links, so I can't tell you how effective they would be for a sole trader, but you should aim to make your site effective without recourse to them.