Options

Premier Inn Appreciation Thread

124»

Comments

• Options
    FriendlyGoatFriendlyGoat Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Call me a peasant but I actually prefer Travelodge. Stayed in the Travelodge near the Excel in London, £55 on a Saturday night, buffet breakfast included, 5 minute walk from the DLR station, 20 minutes to central London.

Pretty sure Premier Inn can't beat that.
  • Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    Never had a bad experience in a Premier Inn, unlike Travelodge. Maybe I've just been lucky with one and unlucky with the other!

The prices do very widely but I've been lucky to pay £29 per night the majority of my stays, which is a bargain!

Only downside, they no longer do biccies with the tea/coffee! :(
  • Options
    hils0912hils0912 Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Have stayed in a few Premier Inns. Always clean and never seem to disappoint. Staff are always cheerful. I was at one in Leeds Friday night/Saturday morning (have stayed at this one before) and although different staff, they were more than happy to go out of their way if there was anything we needed.

I do sometimes think that the OTT happiness at 8.30/9.00 am is a bit much though, which you find from the staff who have just come on duty.
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Agreed. Stayed twice recently, and impressed that the air con worked so well. Always attached to a decent chain restaurants for breakfast, meal as well. Very impressed.

The "free" 30 minute broadband is so slow as to be hardly worth having.

If you are reading this,premier inn, get it sorted.

It is also worth noting that Whitbread (who own Premier Inn and Costa) own the majority of the restaurants which are attached like Brewers Fayre, Table Table etc.
  • Options
    LandisLandis Posts: 14,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Premier Inn had exactly what I want in a hotel.
    Firm and comfy beds
    Choice of pillow in the room (no need to ask),
    Large free Car Park.
    Cheap.
  • Options
    roger_purvisroger_purvis Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nice stay at the stratford upon avon one once. Very handy for the RSC.
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PI has a more luxury feel but that is hardly worth the extra you pay.
    Travelodge is fine for me. Basic but clean.

All these motels seem to have been built on the cheap, the floorboards creak and the walls so diaphanous I can hear the neighbours every cough,, fart and trip to the bog.

21st century and we still build houses from that most flammable of material, wood.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,574
    Forum Member
    nice stay at the stratford upon avon one once. Very handy for the RSC.

Must remember that. Have always wanted to visit Stratford.