Options

EE-janines stabbing story - the aftermath

biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
Forum Member
ok so she was saying to the police stacey did it blah blah

but em why has she disapeared now are the police still on the case or did janine call it off ?

why were the police not talking to jean the next day
why has ryan disapeared i understand the actors are having off time for the next story but why is noting shown of whats even happening to janine at all??

its confuseing

Comments

• Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janine's plan to get rid of Stacey worked as Stacey fled, implying she is guilty of stabbing Janine (although we know it was really because she killed Archie). So presumably she is wanted by the police for the stabbing and is now on the run. However when Pat told Kat and Jean that Janine lied about it they should have gone straight to the police and ensured that Janine withdrew her statement incriminating Stacey. However it is unclear whether any of this has happened and whether or not Stacey is wanted by the police or if she is a free woman.

I agree its very confusing and a poor follow up to the storyline.
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Janine's plan to get rid of Stacey worked as Stacey fled, implying she is guilty of stabbing Janine (although we know it was really because she killed Archie). So presumably she is wanted by the police for the stabbing and is now on the run. However when Pat told Kat and Jean that Janine lied about it they should have gone straight to the police and ensured that Janine withdrew her statement incriminating Stacey. However it is unclear whether any of this has happened and whether or not Stacey is wanted by the police or if she is a free woman.

I agree its very confusing and a poor follow up to the storyline.

aint it i mean pat abandoned janine at the hos and since she has not been seen how shes coping

pat never said anything about going the police or noting

its like they used it for excitment and staceys exit now they just wanna brush it all under the carpet quickly and swiftly as they can

i think we should still be seening pat and ryan and janine on screen and how this is resovled then give the actors there time off or whatever
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    The follow up has been poor, even a couple scenes in one episode with Janine telling the police she lied, Ryan taking off for a while (while Neil goes on his paternity leave) would've done.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,005
    Forum Member
    That is really stupid, nobody bothering to tell the police that Stacey didn't try to kill Janine. So many loose threads dangling. Eastenders getting sloppy lately.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is pretty poor.

They should have never had Janine admit she stabbed herself. Just let people accuse & speculate.
  • Options
    herneherne Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    catsmeow wrote: »
    That is really stupid, nobody bothering to tell the police that Stacey didn't try to kill Janine. So many loose threads dangling. Eastenders getting sloppy lately.

Agreed!
  • Options
    ShedheddShedhedd Posts: 1,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE is far too much all over the place at the moment, too many stories left unfinished. What happened to Jane secretly robbing Ian and leaving him, who pushed Glenda down the stairs, if anyone did. What is Phil doing about the missing jewellery, apart from giving Connor a job at the Arches.

And how old is Tiffany, 6,7,8. Would a child of that age really carry on like she's doing because she's sees her granny kissing someone her mam doesn't like :confused:
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Shedhedd wrote: »
    EE is far too much all over the place at the moment, too many stories left unfinished. What happened to Jane secretly robbing Ian and leaving him, who pushed Glenda down the stairs, if anyone did. What is Phil doing about the missing jewellery, apart from giving Connor a job at the Arches.

And how old is Tiffany, 6,7,8. Would a child of that age really carry on like she's doing because she's sees her granny kissing someone her mam doesn't like :confused:

Jane & Ian had a talk and they seem to be okay at the moment - to be fair, most of the s/l got axed due to Melissa's axing.

Ben did - nobody knows yet - IIRC it comes back up next week.

No idea yet - it helps him get money i guess.

I think - she doesn't like it because of what it'll do to Whitney.
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, sloppy continuation. But in reality, Janines character has had sloppy continuation for most of this year - remember the in-depth scenes of Janine & Ryans romance? Of course you dont! They never had any! They were together one minute as background filler with their silly bet 'storyline', then suddenly they were married.
    Things only picked up when Stacey's baby was born, which gave Janines character something to react against dramatically.
    Its a credit to Charlie Brooks & the writers of these recent storylines that so many people on DS sided with Janines character (whatever her past) regarding the Stacey/Janine/Ryan storyline, because when I joined DS (roughly a year ago), she appeared to be universally hated on here, apart from a few die-hard fans.

Her character seems to be having a real resurgance, I just hope the writers do her justice. Her character is back to square one though (ie: billy no-mates), just like last year! So, t'll be interesting seeing where she ends up. I would like Claire &/or Diane Butcher to come back. Heres hoping...:)
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    EE in un followed up plot shocker!! :eek::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE in un followed up plot shocker!! :eek::eek:

Yeah, you right:rolleyes: she aint he only one...
  • Options
    BaileyBigIdiotBaileyBigIdiot Posts: 4,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BK has done wonders for her character, he seems to get bitch characters such as Janine, Glenda and Claire Devine. I think they are giving Janine a break as she has featured heavly since september, so she isn't over used, which has caused a poor aftermath.
  • Options
    gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its just typical bk tbh he seems to be annoying me alot lol.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Well Pat all of a sudden disappeared to New Zealand as you do on the spur of the moment:rolleyes: With Ryan off on paternity leave and Ricky with his family problems there is no one interested in Janine and no one for her to talk to. She has probably just spent the last week watching Xmas telly on her own.
  • Options
    cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mr muggles wrote: »
    Yep, sloppy continuation. But in reality, Janines character has had sloppy continuation for most of this year - remember the in-depth scenes of Janine & Ryans romance? Of course you dont! They never had any! They were together one minute as background filler with their silly bet 'storyline', then suddenly they were married. ..........

I don't agree with this, there have been in depth scenes with Janine and Ryan! right from when they first were flatmates and teamed up to double cross Archie, leading to Ryan's obvious disappointment when Janine appeared to be willing to go through with a wedding to Archie, then we saw a rare glimpse of Janine's vulnerability when she followed Ryan onto the tube and admitted how she really felt about him and again at their wedding,when she was so scared to trust him, in all the years we have watched Janine in EastEnders we have never seen her willing to risk being hurt before, I think the only man she has ever been totally honest with is Ryan,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are also forgetting when she ran over Danielle, she didn't face any charges at all. No police investigation either! It was quickly and conveniently forgotten about!
  • Options
    cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are also forgetting when she ran over Danielle, she didn't face any charges at all. No police investigation either! It was quickly and conveniently forgotten about!

There was a police investigation, Janine didn't face any charges because it was accepted that Danielle ran out in front of her and there was nothing else to investigate, this was made clear at the time :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cobis wrote: »
    I don't agree with this, there have been in depth scenes with Janine and Ryan! right from when they first were flatmates and teamed up to double cross Archie, leading to Ryan's obvious disappointment when Janine appeared to be willing to go through with a wedding to Archie, then we saw a rare glimpse of Janine's vulnerability when she followed Ryan onto the tube and admitted how she really felt about him and again at their wedding,when she was so scared to trust him, in all the years we have watched Janine in EastEnders we have never seen her willing to risk being hurt before, I think the only man she has ever been totally honest with is Ryan,
    There we're occasional isolated scenes, and yes i loved the tube scene too, but there was no building on their relationship, just scattered scenes of their bets, which appeared to be universally hated.
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do we presume Janine has not withdrawn the statement that Stacey did it..otherwise it seems Stacey has a reason to come back and surely in reality she would?? Or maybe Stacey just thinks too many people know she killed Archie so to be safe she will just stay on the run..even if Janine admits the stabbing was done by herself? But still jean could at least go visit her now without any problems (but that's not been mentioned)