Options

DS Women... do you dress revealingly for yourselves or for men?

Comments

• Options
    workhorseworkhorse Posts: 2,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't dress revealing at any time.and I have little respect for those that do.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    RickWhite wrote: »
    Do you also sleep with ladies?
    What a bizarre question. I've slept with my Mum, sister and niece in the past, if that helps.
  • Options
    RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a bizarre question. I've slept with my Mum, sister and niece in the past, if that helps.

Oh lol, touché
  • Options
    ScarletStarletScarletStarlet Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    My gf won't wear a skirt because she hates her legs and she always complains after she shaves that they are constantly itchy. Do all women get that? Makes me feel guilty.

I sometimes scratch my legs until they bleed after I shave them :cry:

I dress for comfort! Not comfortable in short skirts, so even if I'm going out it's either trousers or a long dress. It helps that I have a fabulous bottom :cool:

Never really thought that anyone's going to be looking at me though, so ehhh, I dunno the answer to the original question :D
  • Options
    Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    My gf won't wear a skirt because she hates her legs and she always complains after she shaves that they are constantly itchy. Do all women get that? Makes me feel guilty.

I do. I hate shaving because no matter how much I moisturise afterwards and in the days following, my legs end up ridiculously itchy and I end up scratching them to pieces.

I tend to dress for myself, though I admit, on a night out, this sometimes includes cleavage. My boobs are my best bit, I hate the rest of me (usually wear thick black tights, or trousers on a night out, as I hate my legs), so I like to, I suppose, take the focus off what I perceive to be my bad bits, by focusing on what I perceive to be the better bits of me. Does that make sense? My 'normal' day-to-day wear tends to be hoodie & jeans.
  • Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't dress revealing at all. The only time you'd see me wearing anything revealing is in bed with a boyfriend, e.g in my undies, or nothing.
  • Options
    Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    I dress how I please, i do want to be attractive to the opposite sex im a woman and i want men to find me attractive and i dont mind admitting that so when i go out i dress to please myself and others. When im at home i slob about tho.
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lazerlite wrote: »
    Why the fascination?

You've not met any of these people or I suspect, highly unlikely?

If it's companionship you're after then surely, there's plenty more beyond an internet message board??

I appreciate, if it's genuine research, but on the whole if anything, you should have a fair idea of what's what.

The way the world works to a large degree is hypocritical - men will get the blame if their manners or face don't fit.

What an oddly touchy response.
    I have plenty female friends and admittedly ok - exes lol.
    I agree men get the blame for the staring and hassling that they think women are inviting regardless.

I was asking for research as I am arguing elsewhere that women who dress revealingly are not 'sluts who are asking for it'. Also in my culture some single women dress revealing but are virgins so I am doing a quick check round to ensure I'm not way off the mark.

I have seen many women dress in miniskirts then go to male gay bars so they are not hassled. They still feel attractive but they clearly aren't after sex.

I do assume that they dress that way so they look attractive to men, but also because other women look the same and it's about fitting in socially and having a good time.
    A woman dressed conservatively in a bar with her friends would be judged as dull and boring by everyone, not just men.

I don't think theres anything wrong with dressing revealingly or sleping around but I just think what you wear does not make you a ****, being a **** does. (I also would never use the word '****' personally since men are in clubs for similar and possibly more sexual reasons but wear t-shirts mainly).
    My point would be that you can't judge a person's motives or availability by their clothes.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    both, but it doesn`t matter what top i wear other than a massive baggy t-shirt because anything else looks provocative. i never wear anything revealing at both ends at once.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    Dressing for yourself and dressing for attention are not mutally exclusive.

I think this is what I was getting at! Thanks.

But I don't get why most lesbians don't dress sexy. Do they dress to fit with other lesbians because I would think gay women like to look at tits and bums too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't generally dress revealing. I only get my legs out on the beach or at the pool which is very rarely, and I'd say I wear low cut tops or dresses about 50% of the time, and never because I want to show my boobs off. I have about four dresses that have low necklines and I wear them because they're simple, pretty, flattering and extremely comfy. I have a couple that double as daytime scrubbing about or going to uni dresses if I throw a t-shirt or hoody over the top of them. I've been known to dress for individual men in some (generally private) situations, but never for 'men' as a whole.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    Dressing in revealing clothes and sleeping around are not the same behaviour.
  • Options
    BlackmantaBlackmanta Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    I always wear very feminine skirts or dresses. My OH is a leg man and hates lots of cleavage showing on any woman. I suppose I dress to please him but I like what I wear.

I've never owned a pair of trousers.
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a womans bare ankle the other day. It made me all giddy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picto wrote: »

Ooh don't tell workhorse!
    workhorse wrote: »
    I don't dress revealing at any time.and I have little respect for those that do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet1986 wrote: »
    I dress how I please, i do want to be attractive to the opposite sex im a woman and i want men to find me attractive and i dont mind admitting that so when i go out i dress to please myself and others. When im at home i slob about tho.
    Having seen you're photos even when you are "slobbing about" you still look fantastic :o
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Both.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wear my big, baggy, oversized maternity nighties for reasons of comfort and comfort alone.

OH has no say in what I wear - ever - if he did he'd dress me like a streetwalker I am sure :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Picto wrote: »
    hahaha

TOONARMY12 wrote: »
    Having seen you're photos even when you are "slobbing about" you still look fantastic :o

thank you very much ! you must have missed the truely gross one with the lizard :P
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hahaha

thank you very much ! you must have missed the truely gross one with the lizard :P
    *Rushes over to Twitter* :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TOONARMY12 wrote: »
    *Rushes over to Twitter* :cool:

hahaha its not there i chickend out and took it down ill send you it in a DM no laughin!
  • Options
    med_tech3med_tech3 Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    hahaha its not there i chickend out and took it down ill send you it in a DM no laughin!

Can I see it too?? :D
  • Options
    Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    I dress to please me... jeans and a t shirt mostly :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    med_tech3 wrote: »
    Can I see it too?? :D

its baaaaaaaaaaaaaad Toon just died laughin but ok :)
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't go on evenings these days out and on the few times I have I felt deeply self conscious in a skirt and blouse. They just aren't my clothes. T-shirt and jeans is me. Ho-hum.

Don't even get me started on the hell that is high heeled shoes.