Options

EastEnders filming at gay bar in Soho today

Comments

• Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CriticFan wrote: »
    Elly i'm a background artist with a few agencies. I got asked to do that scene but the extras have to be gay and i am not. If i remember right they are tilming gay pride scenes in soho

:confused: how would we be able to tell if any of the extras were not actually gay in real life/were gay in real life? Seems an odd request, it isn't as if you can tell a sexuality by looking at a picture of a person. Not to mention it is acting, i am sure background actors could erm... act?
  • Options
    CriticFanCriticFan Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats what i thought when i read the email. It did seem a bit stupid.. but i think the eastenders producers want it to be realistic and there may be kissing involved.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Very strange. Unless their going for absolute method realism.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,314
    Forum Member
    An episode based on gay pride, in a gay bar; focusing on the gay main characters with gay ciuples kissing in the background? DS is going to be a fun place when that episode airs.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    OMG I've been there before :O
  • Options
    bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has a "Won't someone think of the children " article in the Daily Mail written all over it
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    An episode based on gay pride, in a gay bar; focusing on the gay main characters with gay ciuples kissing in the background? DS is going to be a fun place when that episode airs.

It's going to get the homophobes crawling out of the woodworks, that's for sure. Bring it on. :cool:

Another article here with more pictures/information (thanks to HarryMiller in the Johnny AT for finding it):

http://thegayuk.com/magazine/4574334751/EXCLUSIVE-PHOTOS-Sam-Strike-Readies-For-Gay-Pride/8201120

Looks like Linda is going to be there as well. :o I have a feeling this will be a really brilliant episode. :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CriticFan wrote: »
    Elly i'm a background artist with a few agencies. I got asked to do that scene but the extras have to be gay and i am not. If i remember right they are tilming gay pride scenes in soho

Ah I see, thanks for the info. It does seem a bit strange that they couldn't ask for gay AND gay-friendly extras but like you said, maybe they wanted to go for realism.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bwfcol wrote: »
    This has a "Won't someone think of the children " article in the Daily Mail written all over it

Expect about a dozen complaints to ofcom
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad they're doing more off location filming, I hope they do a holiday one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    I'm glad they're doing more off location filming, I hope they do a holiday one.

The Carters Down Under
  • Options
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    It's going to get the homophobes crawling out of the woodworks, that's for sure. Bring it on. :cool:

Another article here with more pictures/information (thanks to HarryMiller in the Johnny AT for finding it):

http://thegayuk.com/magazine/4574334751/EXCLUSIVE-PHOTOS-Sam-Strike-Readies-For-Gay-Pride/8201120

Looks like Linda is going to be there as well. :o I have a feeling this will be a really brilliant episode. :kitty:

"I'm not homophobic but I do not think it appropriate that we have to see all these scenes in a gay bar. My little Herbert is six years old and will be watching and I feel that seeing a gay bar on screen will give him the wrong impression. Scenes like these should not be allowed in my opinion. I'm not homophobic I watch Paul O'Grady at battersea dogs home every week"
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Is Ben being introduced as quickly as this? I thought it was sometime after the summer, in the Autumn, when he comes back.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I'm not homophobic but I do not think it appropriate that we have to see all these scenes in a gay bar. My little son Herbert is six years old and will be watching and I feel that seeing a gay bar on screen will give him the wrong impression. Scenes like these should not be allowed in my opinion. I'm not homophobic I watch Paul O'Grady at battersea dogs home every week"

I also once bought a CD by that nice Will Young when Asda ran out of Westlife.
    Yours Sincerely
    Linda Carter, Walford
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I don't want johnny to be with Ben. Just imagine what Shirley would say! :D
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Carters Down Under

The Carters Go Down!
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I like it when they do off location scenes. I'm assuming Johnny may meet Ben there too, no one there with him would no who Ben was, maybe that is why Whitney isn't there. Ben will probably recieve the Stacey and Dean treatment, a few brief appearances prior to his full return.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    los.kav wrote: »
    Is Ben being introduced as quickly as this? I thought it was sometime after the summer, in the Autumn, when he comes back.

The Ben thing is only speculation, and now that we know that this is going to be for Pride and that Linda is going to be there, I'm not as certain that this will be when Johnny meets Ben. Looks like this is going to be more about Linda finally accepting Johnny so that the storyline can move on. I hope so, anyway. At least we don't have too long to wait to find out either way!
    "I'm not homophobic but I do not think it appropriate that we have to see all these scenes in a gay bar. My little Herbert is six years old and will be watching and I feel that seeing a gay bar on screen will give him the wrong impression. Scenes like these should not be allowed in my opinion. I'm not homophobic I watch Paul O'Grady at battersea dogs home every week"

That's uncanny. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    I also once bought a CD by that nice Will Young when Asda ran out of Westlife.
    Yours Sincerely
    Linda Carter, Walford

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This could be really good though. I doubt will see Johnny meeting anyone with Linda around. I'd imagine it's got a good mix of comedy and drama in too.

EDIT: it would be very odd for a recently released prisoner who never fully got to grip with his sexuality to suddenly appear at Gay Pride. I honestly don't think there'd pair Johnny and Ben for long, it wouldn't be accurate that Johnny would go out with someone with Ben's background. It may be how they bring Ben back in though.

I always thought they could turn Peter into a confused guy but not now with the Lucy story. I can foresee a possible a John Paul/Craig story with Johnny at some point
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bwfcol wrote: »

It's also likely that Amanda Platell will be the one writing it.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Michelle Visage making a special cameo.
  • Options
    Rick_PoppaRick_Poppa Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder If they took Lady Di along..... that dog was made for Soho!!
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the end of the innocence............

:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    This is the end of the innocence............

:cry:

Poor little Johnny is going to be thoroughly corrupted by the time he stumbles out of the bar and through the streets of Soho on his way home. :blush: