EE: Sam Strike possibly leaving?

Comments

• _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    What on his personal facebook page?

The first one in the results here is Sam's personal FB, I think. If you click onto it, his profile is pretty much 99% private.

https://www.facebook.com/public/Sam-Strike

I didn't see it myself but Al_Stack posted on the AT that yesterday it said he was working for BBC Worldwide but now it's not on there anymore.
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    His scenes with Sharon around that time were so lovely. I'm trying to stay optimistic but it's difficult. :cry:

Auntie Chris will open up the vodka for you if he does leave.
  • craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its hardly a surprise. Sam made it clear in an interview six months ago he wanted to try lots of different acting including the possibility of going out to America. If an actor wants to leave they can't exactly stop them.

Yeah, he did comedy pretty well in 'Give out Girls' and as a young actor, probably wouldn't want to be typecast, unfotunately for a soap actor, the opportunity of other TV work can dry up if they are too well known.......look at Letitia Dean! I know she did other things but her CV is hardly packed with varied oportunities!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »

Thank you, Auntie Chris. Make sure it's the strong stuff. :(
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope he isn't leaving, he is great young character.

Maybe he is just on holiday, he is entitled to 28days per year and he's been on screen all year.
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't miss him as he has hardly had anything decent to do for ages. Same goes for Lee. Now, Nancy is a different matter. I'd definitely miss her.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no place for cowardice on public television so I can't say I'm displeased.
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't want this to be true. He is my favorite character in the whole cast and I related and look up to his character so much. If he does leave I doubt I'll watch as much and would definatly lose a lot of the interest in the carters as Tina and Nancy would be the only other two I've not been sick of/still love their scenes.

With the show being too much about the carters they should keep the better ones to keep interest. Linda and mick are putting more people of them as it is and johnny leaving would put a don't in their popularity. Should Nancy leave two and it will be game other as Shirley IMO does to through stale phases.
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    craig_25 wrote: »
    Yeah, he did comedy pretty well in 'Give out Girls' and as a young actor, probably wouldn't want to be typecast, unfotunately for a soap actor, the opportunity of other TV work can dry up if they are too well known.......look at Letitia Dean! I know she did other things but her CV is hardly packed with varied oportunities!
    I don't rate Letitia Dean as an actress! I'm not sure her lack of roles during breaks from Eastenders were because she is too well known. She also doesn't change her image when in other roles which doesn't help.
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Save me some too please! Will be major heartbreak heading my way should this be true. :'(
  • DCM10DCM10 Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only started watching Eastenders again because of Sam Strike so I really hope that he isn't leaving.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    I'd cry.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first one in the results here is Sam's personal FB, I think. If you click onto it, his profile is pretty much 99% private.

https://www.facebook.com/public/Sam-Strike

I didn't see it myself but Al_Stack posted on the AT that yesterday it said he was working for BBC Worldwide but now it's not on there anymore.

Aww ok well he could of just made it private.
    craig_25 wrote: »

LD did a fair few things back in the nineties but Sharon was her calling card in terms of acting roles, but probably not the best comparisons, Sam Strike is young and relatively new in his career, he would have a much better chance imo cracking Hollywood etc, males seem to fare a bit better out there, although most actors do 2-3 yrs tops before they leave (that's if there not sacked)
  • Al_StackAl_Stack Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Thinking about the 3 Carter kids, they introduced them with a bang - Johnny coming out, Nancy getting dragged from a wedding and punching dexter etc, Lee trying to go AWOL from the Army. All interesting characters but realistic at the same time. Then they just seem to have forgotten it all. The three of them just seem to drift around all the time in the background, with little flurries of activity. They should be using this new talent to interest new viewers, not bringing back comedy villains with endless fake death storylines!
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Al_Stack wrote: »
    Thinking about the 3 Carter kids, they introduced them with a bang - Johnny coming out, Nancy getting dragged from a wedding and punching dexter etc, Lee trying to go AWOL from the Army. All interesting characters but realistic at the same time. Then they just seem to have forgotten it all. The three of them just seem to drift around all the time in the background, with little flurries of activity. They should be using this new talent to interest new viewers, not bringing back comedy villains with endless fake death storylines!

Exactly. They have dropped the ball with these characters and concentrated on the same old ones all the time. Such a waste and particularly with Johnny who I thought was going to have some great storylines as a young gay character but has just been left in the background far too long.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope this isn't true. Johnnys a good character. I'd rather Lee go. He's boring as anything!
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,934
    Forum Member
    Maybe Sam and Luisa just havent worked together in awhile? Tina doesnt really mingle that much with her family.
  • craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Aww ok well he could of just made it private.

LD did a fair few things back in the nineties but Sharon was her calling card in terms of acting roles, but probably not the best comparisons, Sam Strike is young and relatively new in his career, he would have a much better chance imo cracking Hollywood etc, males seem to fare a bit better out there, although most actors do 2-3 yrs tops before they leave (that's if there not sacked)

Good point, not the best comparison I guess. But I'd agree it's best to get out sooner rather than later, Sean Slater seems to be doing well, given that he only had a short stint in the square, perhaps Sam Strike will be given the same opportunities.
  • CorstemmeeCorstemmee Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Johnny is dull. I guess that's the result of poor writing rather than acting.

But even more dull is Lee. No personality there at all.

Couldn't care less if either of them left.
  • shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like him to stay even though in not a big fan of the character, but if the actor wanted to go, they can hardly put a gun to his head and make him sign a new contract.

It might work out ok - maybe they'll just have him go off to focus on university (is it a lawyer he's studying to be?) and just have him drop in and out now and again. That'd be a really nice change instead of pulling an Abby or Tamwar on him and keeping him there forever.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His scenes with Sharon around that time were so lovely. I'm trying to stay optimistic but it's difficult. :cry:

They were great. Maybe it's a long runner. Bonnie have a tempestuous fling. Johnny runs off to a legal practice in Bognor Regis. 5 years down the line Ben is in court for battering Shirley to death with his copy of 'Artpop: The Revenge'. We cut to the courtroom. In walks a very familiar looking lawyer for the prosecution...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    They were great. Maybe it's a long runner. Bonnie have a tempestuous fling. Johnny runs off to a legal practice in Bognor Regis. 5 years down the line Ben is in court for battering Shirley to death with his copy of 'Artpop: The Revenge'. We cut to the courtroom. In walks a very familiar looking lawyer for the prosecution...

That made me laugh through my tears. :D:cry:
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »

Bognor?!:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That made me laugh through my tears. :D:cry:

I'm glad. Stay strong. It'll be worth it if he ends up as the next Batman. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bognor?!:o

CSI Bognor was where it all started.