Girl Number 9

13»

Comments

• towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've enjoyed this series overall :) but found the idea of Mathesron killing himself and leaving his daughter without any parents a bit too much for me. :(

Good acting from Gareth, Joe and Tracy though.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had a tweet from James Moran! I asked him to write something for Gareth with a happy ending and he replied that the series was written way before Gareth was cast as Matheson, so he isn't being deliberately nasty towards Gareth. In fact he thinks he is great and would like to cast him in everything he writes.

I also had a reply on Facebook from him saying did I think Boylan was finished! I replied that, having thought about it, I could see it could be expanded into a series or a webseries. However, I won't be watching as I don't really like this type of programme - and I don't like Joe Absolom either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday's Telegraph had this little article about Girl Number 9. Nice to see Gareth mentioned first.

GN9.jpg
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it is. :) I'm surprised there's another article on GN9 almost a month after it originally aired. I still find the ending a bit too violent for me though.

The website for Gareth's other project -The Casimir Effect - is being regularly up-dated now, with early drawings for possible costumes etc and a daily twitter up-date.

http://www.casimireffectfilm.com/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you. The ending was at odds with the rest of the story. I feel that something was missed and we were left rather up in the air.