Options

***The NEW OFFICIAL Christina Aguilera Appreciation Thread (Part 2) ***

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the film TONIGHT! Never have i been such a fan girl whilst watching a film. I'm 21 now I need to snap out of it but Xtina in this movie is just flawless. Burlesque really doesn't try to be anything more than just a great fun musical. It excels soo much in that department.
    It seriously also helps going to watch this film having listened to the soundtrack as you can enjoy the performances that much more.

I loved it ALL. I wont spoil for those who have yet to see but defo the performance to watch out for is "Guy what takes his time" She just looks AMAZING! Reminds me Baby Jane sfm. And Tough Lover..her voice WOW.

Listening to Xtina's voice in full cinematic sound was crazy, you truly appreciate her voice lol

I can sleep happy tonight *goes and listens to Burlesque soundtrack*
  • Options
    molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LucyKay18 wrote: »
    I saw the film TONIGHT! Never have i been such a fan girl whilst watching a film. I'm 21 now I need to snap out of it but Xtina in this movie is just flawless. Burlesque really doesn't try to be anything more than just a great fun musical. It excels soo much in that department.
    It seriously also helps going to watch this film having listened to the soundtrack as you can enjoy the performances that much more.

I loved it ALL. I wont spoil for those who have yet to see but defo the performance to watch out for is "Guy what takes his time" She just looks AMAZING! Reminds me Baby Jane sfm. And Tough Lover..her voice WOW.

Listening to Xtina's voice in full cinematic sound was crazy, you truly appreciate her voice lol

I can sleep happy tonight *goes and listens to Burlesque soundtrack*

Wow sounds like you had a great time! I'm hopefully seeing it today (I hope) and I bet the music sounded amazing. I really can't wait to see her sing 'bound to you' as well <3

the soundtrack is #44 on iTunes! :)
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Such a great movie. Everything i expected

Christina is a good actress. I totally forgot it was her in the role. She really won me over. She could go on to have a stable successful movie career. Maybe more in the line of movies like this or rom com's.

Cher was amazing. I loved her performance and i am suprised she didn't get a golden golden globe for a supporting role. Her chemistry with Christina was brilliant. Her best chemistry was with Stanley Tucci. Their chemistry reminded me a little of his and meryl streep's in the devil wears prada. Christina's character reminds me a little of Roxy in Chicago. The cast in general work brilliantly.

Kristin bell was totally in a different role. She played a bitchy character. She looks stunning with brown hair. It was nice seeing her play a character she isn't normally known for playing.

Such a good movie. 8/10. Totally worth the wait.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #Aguilera is trending on twitter :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she will trend alot longer once the Americans wake up lol.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Doesn't look like I'll be seeing Burlesque for a while, bloody snow. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Doesn't look like I'll be seeing Burlesque for a while, bloody snow. :(

Same here :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #happybdayxtina is trending No.3 WW on twitter :D

I dont count promoted trends
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Update

'Burlesque' is #33 on iTunes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    hmmm thinking should i get the Xtina xmas album to play at the dinner table sat.

Or should I just get a party type xmas album, its just me mom and the BF...

is the xmas album good?
  • Options
    _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    icehot69 wrote: »
    hmmm thinking should i get the Xtina xmas album to play at the dinner table sat.

Or should I just get a party type xmas album, its just me mom and the BF...

is the xmas album good?

I adore My Kind of Christmas! And my mum and dad do too, they put it on in the car :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    I adore My Kind of Christmas! And my mum and dad do too, they put it on in the car :D

sold then lol thanks!
  • Options
    _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    icehot69 wrote: »
    sold then lol thanks!

Haha you won't regret it! It's pretty 90's, but very fun and gets you feeling extremely festive. Enjoy! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xtina stans where you at? Hope you had a great Christmas :D

It's funny how we're starting next year how we started this year with Xtina...just awaiting new album news :D, it's gonna be a wait but i love Christina too much not to have faith. I think she'll bring it with the next album, the divorce will make her produce some great music, i can imagine already! I CANT WAIT!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    had a brilliant break and i agree how funny it is that a year ago we were all raving about Bionic etc. and this time it's me raving about Britney's 7th album and all and cannot wait to hear new artists!!

and i really hope Christina is focused on her album and recording and promotion as she is an artist who i really want to see live and on tour and promoting herself out there. I want an album as HUGE as Stripped was globally where each song is expertly made and flows excellently! it really brought alive the album that follows a concept!

I love Bionic still and think it was one of the best and alongside American Life it will be a heavily underrated and neglected gem of an icon's career. But with every slump comes a Ray Of Light! and i stay true to that.

On a side note Burlesque is now one of my fave musicals!!! and also i was thinking it would be brilliant if Christina would be in a Disney film (Princess style) and really be a character (was watching The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty & The Beast and The Lion King back to back the other day and then it struck me!) that would be incredible! i can also visualise her in a noir crime flick too set in the '40's she has a good acting talent i believe as well as her image and vocals :)

Here's to 2011!!!
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't posted in here in SO long..
    Still loving Christina as usual .. but haven't seen Burlesque yet :( I went to see it at the pictures but my local cinema has stopped showing it! :(:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mikay wrote: »
    Haven't posted in here in SO long..
    Still loving Christina as usual .. but haven't seen Burlesque yet :( I went to see it at the pictures but my local cinema has stopped showing it! :( :(

same. :( guess I'll have to wait until the DVD release.
  • Options
    Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Burlesque has received an average review rating of 49/100 from Metacritic, which indicates mixed or average reception.

Not great, but not bad either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burlesque has received an average review rating of 49/100 from Metacritic, which indicates mixed or average reception.

Not great, but not bad either.

that's HORRIFIC!!!!

it's QUALITY! but it got several 3 star ratings so it's at LEAST in th 60's region on metacritic!!! GRRRR
  • Options
    Forum Member
    that's HORRIFIC!!!!

it's QUALITY! but it got several 3 star ratings so it's at LEAST in th 60's region on metacritic!!! GRRRR

To be honest, I wasn't expecting it to get rave reviews. The plot is what people were expecting of her. Also critics were going to judge because she's a popstar-who-made-a-film. At least it got better reviews than Mariah Carey's Glitter.

I will buy the DVD though because I haven't seen it and want to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I went to the site, Josh, it got 49. Sorry!:(

Also, a vital statistic;

It earned $49.2m worldwide, therefore missing out on the $55m budget target.

(Though, it could make that back in DVDs and TV airings).

So technically, it's a flop.:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Personally, I'm not bothered that Burlesque hasn't worked out amazingly. It's done well enough to be not considered a disaster and it's not been universally panned, plus it produced a solid soundtrack if nothing else.

The silver lining will be if Christina wins the GG for 'Bound to You'. Maybe even an Oscar. Quite a feather in her hat.

Besides, if she wants to give acting a proper go this will have been a pretty good foot in the door. I actually think her best bet would be to ditch musical movies and be a solid supporting role in a respectable film. She's good with emotions and acts through her more soulful, painful, songs so applying that to acting might not be too much of a stretch. Failing that, I'm sure there's a musical biopic in her midst.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    2010 has been her Annus Horribilis.:(

Flop album.
    Flop film.
    Divorce.

I hope she just forgets it, and moves on.

Roll on 2011!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    The blessing and the curse is that she was barely in the spotlight throughout.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2010 has been her Annus Horribilis.:(

Flop album.
    Flop film.
    Divorce.

I hope she just forgets it, and moves on.

Roll on 2011!:)

Hardly a 'flop' film when it JUST missed out the cash it should have been.
This discussion has been closed.