Lewis - New Series

14567810»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    if Hathaway didn't come bk maybe that other guy who covers for him while he was in Croatia could come bk,?

explore the story of him seemingly knowing lewis fromt he past
  • CharentonCharenton Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I preferred watching this final story as I recorded both episodes and watched them in succession last night. It was much easier to remember who was who and what was going on.

Sorry it's all over, assuming they don't bribe them to return.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,474
    Forum Member
    Ditto. Wish I had done the same now for the earlier stories. Worked much, much better viewed in one longer sitting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geowitch wrote: »
    According to the Oxford Mail http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/yourtown/oxford/10166140.Lewis_will_be_back_on_the_beat_after_a_holiday__says_star/ Lewis will be back in 2014. I do hope so - I was so upset at the end thinking that was the last one!
    I loved the Morse series but I have enjoyed Lewis even more.

I think, having ended it the way they did, and as much I'll really miss the show, it's probably best to close the book on Lewis now, rather than have Robbie seemingly changing his mind about retirement.

The last scene was the perfect way for Lewis and Hathaway to bow out, I thought, and to bring it back now would feel to me as though they were squeezing every last drop from it (memories of Only Fools and Horses spring to mind!)

Plus, I've said before that Hathaway has been one of my favourite TV characters, and I think Laurence Fox has been great, but I did feel throughout this series that he was really ready to stop playing James; maybe it's just me, but I felt like I could almost sense his boredom at times:o
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Yvie123 wrote: »

Plus, I've said before that Hathaway has been one of my favourite TV characters, and I think Laurence Fox has been great, but I did feel throughout this series that he was really ready to stop playing James; maybe it's just me, but I felt like I could almost sense his boredom at times:o

I think you're right there - when he started as Hathaway, he was still a relative unknown but now his career's taken off a bit it must have been a bit of a bind to keep having to come back to the role.
  • ladydancer1ladydancer1 Posts: 1,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched Morse from start to finish and could'nt believe that Lewis would take off but decided to watch to give it a chance. I've loved the series and Lawerence Fox was brilliant, just the right partner for lewis. I'm sad to see the end of it but hopefully we'll see both actors in other dramas in the future.
    I recorded and watched the series in 2hour slots rather than the weekly one hour slots that it went out on. Made it much easier to keep track of who was who and kept the tension going.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geowitch wrote: »
    According to the Oxford Mail http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/yourtown/oxford/10166140.Lewis_will_be_back_on_the_beat_after_a_holiday__says_star/ Lewis will be back in 2014. I do hope so - I was so upset at the end thinking that was the last one!
    I loved the Morse series but I have enjoyed Lewis even more.

Personally I wil lbe surprised if it comes back, ITV originally were going to axe it if they commissioned Endevaour for a full series then did keep Lewis. But as much as I want Lewis to return , with Lawerence Fox off to the USA I have a feeling that was the last, ITV wont push it I am sure.
  • Molly HuntMolly Hunt Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yvie123 wrote: »
    maybe it's just me, but I felt like I could almost sense his boredom at times:o

I didn't sense Laurence's 'boredom' at all. Maybe what you were sensing could have been Hathaway's disillusion with the job -good acting therefore?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Molly Hunt wrote: »
    I didn't sense Laurence's 'boredom' at all. Maybe what you were sensing could have been Hathaway's disillusion with the job -good acting therefore?

It did cross my mind that he was portraying disillusion, and maybe he was - I'm certainly not disputing he's a good actor; he's helped to make Lewis a cracking series:)

There were just some points in this series where I felt he wasn't as "involved" as in earlier seasons - but it's all open to intepretation and as you say, may well have been a deliberate thing.
  • jette52jette52 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Personally I wil lbe surprised if it comes back, ITV originally were going to axe it if they commissioned Endevaour for a full series then did keep Lewis. But as much as I want Lewis to return , with Lawerence Fox off to the USA I have a feeling that was the last, ITV wont push it I am sure.

Lawrence Fox is off to the USA?
  • radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes with his OH, Billie Piper & their sprogs
    Forum Member
    I know she landed on her feet there eh,how many go from chris evans to someone like Laurence fox,who lets me honest ladys,and some gents is very very good looking and chris evans well...not so much :)
  • katiekatie Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laurence Fox - totty for the middle aged woman - or woman of any age!
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was just catching up on iplayer... S7E4... so delighted to see lewis finally came to his senses and hooked up with dr hobson!! a looong time coming!! lolz!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »

The Oxford Times reports that ITV have said that this was not the last of Lewis:
    An ITV spokeswoman has confirmed the seventh series of Lewis won’t be the last.

ITV spokeswoman Kate Bain said the detective show’s star Kevin Whately, pictured, would take a break from filming this year.

But Ms Bain added: “We are hoping to film in 2014, whether that is another series or a one-off.”

However, what this article doesn't say is whether or not Laurence Fox will still be in it.
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,028
    Forum Member
    JPB2 wrote: »
    The Oxford Times reports that ITV have said that this was not the last of Lewis:

However, what this article doesn't say is whether or not Laurence Fox will still be in it.

It will depend how the work hunt goes in Hollywood. If he gets a TV part or some films he won't be coming back I would think.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    It will depend how the work hunt goes in Hollywood. If he gets a TV part or some films he won't be coming back I would think.

maybe he can join in if it would be just a one off special or something not too extensive.
    Forum Member
    yay my lewis dvd arrived today no more adverts and all in one episode bliss :) but no extras bit disappointing :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    It seems all the best dramas are all endibng this year. There's going to be a huge quaklity void on UK TV. Ending or transmogrifying into something unrecognisable. There'll be just Foyle's War as a Cold War series. Maybe UK TV should stop making dramas and just do reruns. Then they could rerun for ever. No more actors leaving, no more actor scriptwriter conflicts etc. Or I could get rich and buy all the DVDs and never need to watch new dramas that will end before we want them to. That's being silly but I feel like that after Lewis ended. The other day I watched a classic New Tricks. Fed up with shows ending and nothing equally good replacing them.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    Definitely she was my teenage fantasy in series 1 of Between the Lines :D She had a fantastic figure in those days and didn't mind getting them out :D

She has had occasionally parts since then like the girlfriend in Inspector Lynley. Don't know if she stopped working to have a family, as has been in a number of shows in the last couple of years after a long absence.

I thought she looked so boring and frumpy in Inspector Lynley, and played a right wet blanket. Her hair looked frizzy and old, not a good look. (Been watching repeats on Alibi this morning). I couldn't work out if it was Helen Baxendale in the part, they look alike.
  • stopgostopgo Posts: 5,961
    Forum Member
    Watching a Lewis repeat on ITV 3 which was series 9. Any idea what Lizzie ( Angela Griffin ) carries around in that back pack that she's always carrying on her back ? She's always ether got it on or reaching to put it on in virtually every scene and every episode she's in.
  • Twin_TwoTwin_Two Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stopgo wrote: »
    Watching a Lewis repeat on ITV 3 which was series 9. Any idea what Lizzie ( Angela Griffin ) carries around in that back pack that she's always carrying on her back ? She's always ether got it on or reaching to put it on in virtually every scene and every episode she's in.

I am guessing she uses it like a handbag and carries the usual things that Look Very Useful or Might Come In Handy that we wimmin carry about in them.

I did get all a-flutter when I first saw the thread title as I thought it really was a new series of Lewis in the making! (Highly unlikely I know but one can always hope)
  • radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Likewise what is in the bag Sunny carries around in Unforgotten
  • stopgostopgo Posts: 5,961
    Forum Member
    Twin_Two wrote: »
    stopgo wrote: »

I am guessing she uses it like a handbag and carries the usual things that Look Very Useful or Might Come In Handy that we wimmin carry about in them.

I did get all a-flutter when I first saw the thread title as I thought it really was a new series of Lewis in the making! (Highly unlikely I know but one can always hope)

Sorry, I don't like starting a new thread when there's existing ones knocking about particularly when it was something trivial like the question I was asking. This was the only thread I could locate after 5 minutes of trying and eventually putting Lewis and DS into a search engine to get anything at all.

I've never seen anybody else use a backpack in any other police series or in any of the various police documentaries and she always makes a point of putting it on even if she needs to dash out of the office on a case.

Wonder if Angela is on Twitter might ask her about the what's and why's of the back pack.
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely any new series would be called Hathaway anyway!