Hollyoaks General Discussion (Part 21)

Comments

• ReoReo Posts: 8,659
    Forum Member
    Not only has Will come out of this without anyone questioning how he can walk (but is now back in a wheelchair, I hope that doesn't last), he is also coming out of this as a hero! No doubt the Will storyline will drag on more with Dodger possibly forgetting everything. With this and Vincent, I am beginning to think they hate the viewers!

Dirk seems to keep forgetting that he has another son! He never thinks of Dodger, he is never shown being worried about him.

The story with Lynsey, Cindy and Mercedes isn't bad and while it is good that these 3 are running in the shadows while everyone is distracted by the bomb, it seems out of place and taking up time that should show the blast victims. And why exactly did they need a body bag? If Browning ever gets found and identified, then they will go straight to Lynsey (who has history with Browning) who works at a hospital where she could easily get a body bag.

I really thought that Sinead would be selfish and not tell anyone that she brought the bomb into the flat, so I was surprised when she not only owned up but she owned up to the police. Will this also be the end of Trevor now that Sinead has told the police it came from him or will that be blamed on Claire?

Good scenes with Ste, the way it started I thought that Ste would drink himself to the point where he would need some transplant and then in comes Danny to the rescue and reveals who he is, but that was much better.
  • rockchick22rockchick22 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Reo wrote: »
    Not only has Will come out of this without anyone questioning how he can walk (but is now back in a wheelchair, I hope that doesn't last), he is also coming out of this as a hero! No doubt the Will storyline will drag on more with Dodger possibly forgetting everything. With this and Vincent, I am beginning to think they hate the viewers!

THIS. The most irritating characters in hollyoaks, Will drives me insane, the amount of crap that comes out of his mouth!
  • RinsewindRinsewind Posts: 7,157
    Forum Member
    Reo wrote: »

Dirk seems to keep forgetting that he has another son! He never thinks of Dodger, he is never shown being worried about him.

The story with Lynsey, Cindy and Mercedes isn't bad and while it is good that these 3 are running in the shadows while everyone is distracted by the bomb, it seems out of place and taking up time that should show the blast victims. And why exactly did they need a body bag? If Browning ever gets found and identified, then they will go straight to Lynsey (who has history with Browning) who works at a hospital where she could easily get a body bag.

I really thought that Sinead would be selfish and not tell anyone that she brought the bomb into the flat, so I was surprised when she not only owned up but she owned up to the police. Will this also be the end of Trevor now that Sinead has told the police it came from him or will that be blamed on Claire?

Good scenes with Ste, the way it started I thought that Ste would drink himself to the point where he would need some transplant and then in comes Danny to the rescue and reveals who he is, but that was much better.

1st BIB - I suspect the idea is to keep him in the body bag for the time being, but remove it when they dispose of the body (sounds like a pleasant job for somebody!!):D

2nd BIB - It could involve Tony as well - I'm convinced that the package he brought back from Morocco was some kind of explosive, and if Trevor is charged over the bomb, then he'll have no hesitation in telling the Police where the explosives came from.

3rd BIB - Me too - I saw that and thought "not again", they've already done that SL twice.
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    Apart from the Leanne and Dennis part, this has had no emotional impact on me. Doug's death was hopelessly derivitive of Jono's death. I've heard Ste's speech about how he hates himself and has nothing going for him about 3000 times now and everytime I wonder how he forgets about his kids so easily. Danny choosing that moment to reveal who he is too, I mean really? Ash's death was undermined by the fact that Callum got killed in Later. Dodger is obviously gonna be fine so that had no impact either. Clare's blink and you'd miss it return was utterly pointless and has ruined a once classic character. Browning's death was just another one to add to the toll but overall is the most interesting in terms of storytelling but to do all of them in the same few episodes was an act of insanity. Every one of them rushed.

Of course this is Hollyoaks so no one will give a shit for long either. I hear Holly starts going out with that bore Jason soon, just after losing the person she was in love with. Ste will probably have someone else on the go before too long as well. And of course Will, well looks like despite the fact that half the village saw him walk, he's still going to get away with it.
  • Vera BennettVera Bennett Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    Skyfall wrote: »
    A team up with Dennis, Dodger Martha, Leanne, Patrick and Sienna all to bring down evil Will. All of them working with each other Will wouldn't stand a chance and no one going to help Will once his true colors are exposed.

Dirk be shocked to learn what his son Will has become and centrally won't have anything to do with him at all.

It's been great talking with you paton1983, talk with you more tomorrow.
    But both Patrick and Sienna need to be exposed for their evil deeds so I would rather they didnt play any part in exposing Will and it was someone good who does it
  • Vera BennettVera Bennett Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    bib: Indeed. It will not work on me, especially as he killed HotCopper Trent.:mad:
    Who cares about Trent he was a bit of an arrogant so and so I think Greg Wood is superb in the role of Trevor and it will be good to see another side of him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon before the end of the year-

Martha's gonna leave or be murdered by Will
    Will will be locked up or killed as a christmas day whodunit murder
    Dennis and Dirk will leave
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why did Clare get killed off :( thought she was back for a year

RIP to a legend
    i'm devastated :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I liked Claire when she was in it before but when she returned she had turned into a strange messed up girl.. Why??
  • hotguy25hotguy25 Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my theory dodger is alive but needs a transplant and sienna is the only match
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    hotguy25 wrote: »

And they find out she's not pregnant?
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares about Trent he was a bit of an arrogant so and so I think Greg Wood is superb in the role of Trevor and it will be good to see another side of him

I'm really liking Trevor, also good to see a different side to him when he tried to stop Clare and went in to save people. I want to know more about his childhood, I hope he's not sent to prison.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    I'm really liking Trevor, also good to see a different side to him when he tried to stop Clare and went in to save people. I want to know more about his childhood, I hope he's not sent to prison.

I liked him tonight and last night too. He seemed like he genuinely didn't want anyone to get hurt and he risked his life to save someone.
  • PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I want to say is, after all that, I can't believe bloody Tilly is still alive. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really - more people are slated to die? Clearly to watch Hollyoaks is to be in near-constant state of mourning.. weak storylining.

Todays episode is not uploaded yet so passing through here to see if the deaths were final or the drama became medical stat type stuff..
    But looks like it is what it is.

Finally caving after years and am now following on twitter.

I didn't realize Leanne was in the townhouse too.
  • Karen_Grant_WasKaren_Grant_Was Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    hotguy25 wrote: »

I think its more likely to be a blood transfusion , I bet that they are both a rare blood group, its not likely to be a transplant not when they have already done that with esther , and plus by the end of next week sienna is apparently desperate for money, so is obviously not in hospital after just donating an organ
  • CollybirdCollybird Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just read PJ's interview and I'm feeling a little guilty! He seems like a top guy.

It's not that often I'm glad to see a character depart but I was happy to see Doug go as it seemed his only personality trait was now 'loves Ste', much the same as Texas 'loves Dodger'. It had become so irritating that I'd forgotten who Doug really was.

When he first arrived and had a bit of an edge, he was fantastic. The episode where he contemplated suicide was fabulous. Then they ruined it all by throwing in one of Hollyoaks two great cliches - you either go mad or turn gay. His early characterisation was completely forgotten as he became one of the biggest Mary Sue's the show has ever seen.

Good luck for the future PJ! It's a real shame what Doug was reduced too.
  • Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    Collybird wrote: »
    I've just read PJ's interview and I'm feeling a little guilty! He seems like a top guy.

It's not that often I'm glad to see a character depart but I was happy to see Doug go as it seemed his only personality trait was now 'loves Ste', much the same as Texas 'loves Dodger'. It had become so irritating that I'd forgotten who Doug really was.

When he first arrived and had a bit of an edge, he was fantastic. The episode where he contemplated suicide was fabulous. Then they ruined it all by throwing in one of Hollyoaks two great cliches - you either go mad or turn gay. His early characterisation was completely forgotten as he became one of the biggest Mary Sue's the show has ever seen.

Good luck for the future PJ! It's a real shame what Doug was reduced too.

Yeah, early Doug was a completely different character, and a much better one. I liked him back then.

I'm not at all sorry that Doug has copped it, though :p it was about time (imo, they should never have brought him back from the States earlier this year).

PJ was certainly a lot mellower and more diplomatic in his DS interview than he is on his Twitter feed - that's all I'll say on that one!

And I agree with StarryNight that Dennis and Leanne's part in the explosion SL is the only one that seems 'real' and evokes any emotion (for me, anyway). And I don't even like either of the characters! But both actors (well, more Joe Tracini tbh) have done really well in portraying a relationship that seems honest and believable. Probably because it's been allowed to grow and develop over time, and viewers are able to invest in it. Unlike most of the 'instacouple' relationships we see on HOs.
  • RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    Collybird wrote: »
    I've Then they ruined it all by throwing in one of Hollyoaks two great cliches - you either go mad or turn gay. His early characterisation was completely forgotten as he became one of the biggest Mary Sue's the show has ever seen.

The most irritating part of your statement was that you failed to realise it was comments like yours that PJ hated.

Assuming the post was not a bait. What wishing him luck and throwing in a few of the reactions that clouded the entire storyline.
  • CollybirdCollybird Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rain wrote: »
    The most irritating part of your statement was that you failed to realise it was comments like yours that PJ hated.

Assuming the post was not a bait. What wishing him luck and throwing in a few of the reactions that clouded the entire storyline.

Genuinely, not baiting.

I don't follow PJ on Twitter so I don't know much (if anything!) on his personal views on things. I felt his DS interview was a good read, it piqued my interest in him somewhat and the comments below it reminded me that Doug was once a very different character.

I just read an old interview of his in which he mentioned he did not like comments saying things like 'Doug has gay hair'. Did you think I meant 'Mary Sue' in a homophobic fashion, as in 'Doug's behaving like a girl'!?

I meant a 'Mary Sue' in that the character is perfect and can do no wrong. It's a term used a lot when referring to fanfiction characters. I didn't intend it as a slur in any fashion.

Sorry if I've offended you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    These episodes were bloody sad, i nearly cried myself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got done with hw and saw his interview. PJ does sound really balanced and sane.

Also checked out the temperature online and many people are really crushed that Doug is dead.
    I guess I've said it before but its therapeutic to say it again: I wish it hadn't happened.

It may have been his decision to leave, but whoever made the decision to kill him..
    ~ Its probably very American of me, but I seriously have to vent. So I'm blaming the folks behind the scenes.

Probably this shit decision was made by some patronizing fool who figured gratuitous death would be good for the numbers.. and doesnt understand that there are some deaths that make viewers angry.
    Just thinking about the people behind the scenes at Hollyoaks is wildly irritating right now.

Unless of course they fix this crap decision and recast PJ as Doug's twin brother who comes to Hollyoaks from America.. or something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    A couple of random Hollyoaks thoughts.

Clare: Completely stupid to bring her back only for a short few episodes. Should have just made Browning the one to do the explosion.

Doug: I actually liked his character a lot, a shame too see him go. I did hate his accent though, glad Ste mentioned that. I just don't think the writers knew what to do with his character anymore, honestly.

Dodger: I hope he sticks around, there's been too much build-up for him to take down Will. Hate if he's not the one to do it.

McQueens: I recently saw the classic film "Mildred Pierce" with Jane Fonda. (Spoilers for those who have not seen the film) Part of the story is that the woman's boyfriend is having an affair with the woman's daughter. Towards the end the boyfriend tells the daughter that he never really loved her, and the enraged daughter shoots the boyfriend. Completely reminded me of Theresa and Calvin.
  • RinsewindRinsewind Posts: 7,157
    Forum Member
    Just got done with hw and saw his interview. PJ does sound really balanced and sane.

Also checked out the temperature online and many people are really crushed that Doug is dead.
    I guess I've said it before but its therapeutic to say it again: I wish it hadn't happened.

It may have been his decision to leave, but whoever made the decision to kill him..
    ~ Its probably very American of me, but I seriously have to vent. So I'm blaming the folks behind the scenes.

Probably this shit decision was made by some patronizing fool who figured gratuitous death would be good for the numbers.. and doesnt understand that there are some deaths that make viewers angry.
    Just thinking about the people behind the scenes at Hollyoaks is wildly irritating right now.

Unless of course they fix this crap decision and recast PJ as Doug's twin brother who comes to Hollyoaks from America.. or something.

Interesting you should say that, because some people have been speculating about whether Gemma Bissix should come back to play the part of her sister...!:)
  • GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Bus Crash was alot more tragic, dramatic and emotional.