Options

Which Z listers have you brushed shoulders with?

kezabellakezabella Posts: 2,951
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Following on from the thread about nightclub appearances, it made me remember the time I saw Patsy Palmer (Bianca) in the vets :D Actually, she's probably more of a C-lister isn't she?

I saw one quarter of East 17 shopping with his gf once lol

Who have you seen?

Comments

• Options
    Cara-maeCara-mae Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I walked past luke marsden in Wigan town centre.

Great eh! :D
  • Options
    MithMarrMithMarr Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    40 years ago :o:o:o I know! i used to watch bands plays at the local pub the Red Lion in Bushey.

The venue was packed with leather and tie dye glad rockers and was a sea of tattoos, Motor bikes were lined up outside(oh those were the days) and the air was heavily scented with Patchouli oil and herbal aromas when in walked ......... Lionel Blair! and his entourage :o

Back in the 70's ol Lionel was a regular on telly and not the has been he is now. Was such a funny sight him walking in a sparkly and Jaz hands. Zoe could quite easily have been his love child lol :D
  • Options
    boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About 50 years ago I noticed a tall elegant man coming towards me,when he got about 5 yards from me he stopped and seemed to say hey look at me I'm Roger Moore,and it was.What a plonker.....
  • Options
    GirlygigglerGirlygiggler Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dale Winton and Joe Swash on the same day :o:D
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    MithMarr wrote: »
    40 years ago :o:o:o I know! i used to watch bands plays at the local pub the Red Lion in Bushey.

The venue was packed with leather and tie dye glad rockers and was a sea of tattoos, Motor bikes were lined up outside(oh those were the days) and the air was heavily scented with Patchouli oil and herbal aromas when in walked ......... Lionel Blair! and his entourage :o

Back in the 70's ol Lionel was a regular on telly and not the has been he is now. Was such a funny sight him walking in a sparkly and Jaz hands. Zoe could quite easily have been his love child lol :D

Ha ha at the beginning of that account I thought Lionel Blair had walked into your local clad in leather and chains ... and well you know.....:blush::D

Why does the name of that pub resonate though. IS it famous/notorious for something?
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    boyzie wrote: »
    About 50 years ago I noticed a tall elegant man coming towards me,when he got about 5 yards from me he stopped and seemed to say hey look at me I'm Roger Moore,and it was.What a plonker.....

I think he has to qualify for the A list, irrespective of whether or not one likes him.
  • Options
    CoinCoin Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    I used to work in a CD shop in Hull and Dan from BB5 came in once. He kicked off massively because the CD he wanted couldn't be found (turned out it had been shoplifted) and acted a total diva about it, stopping short of the "don't you know who I am" line!

I was annoyed, I liked him on the show and voted to keep him in at times. especially after Fight Night.
  • Options
    MithMarrMithMarr Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha at the beginning of that account I thought Lionel Blair had walked into your local clad in leather and chains ... and well you know.....:blush::D

Why does the name of that pub resonate though. IS it famous/notorious for something?

I don't think the Red Lion was particularly notorious. Sadly it's a Toby Inn now :( but I'm sure if walls could talk there would be enough stories to make your hair curl :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was waiting for a bus when I felt something brushing my shoulders. I turned round and it was Keith Lemon. He looked embarrassed and mumbled something about dandruff, then he scuttled away.
  • Options
    Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got Adele Robert's autograph. I also got a signed picture from Mikey BB9. He made an appearance at the college I was attending and I asked him to come up to my class. He told me he loved me as I have the same name as his best friend in the house. He gave me one of those black and white pictures, the one you get done in a booth and can turn it into a sketch :D I actually had my Bebo profile picture as me and him :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha good anecdotes.
    I saw Saskia and Maxwell in a pub near West Ham some time after they'd left the house.She's tiny. I was drunk and started chanting "Maxwell" like I was at a football ground. He was quite amused but Saskia wasn't lol
  • Options
    geppsdoodgeppsdood Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because I love in the area I often see both James Tindale of Geordie Shore and past BB winner Anthony Hutton
  • Options
    vikesukvikesuk Posts: 1,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geppsdood wrote: »
    Because I love in the area I often see both James Tindale of Geordie Shore and past BB winner Anthony Hutton

Luvin' with Anfony Hutton :o:o:o
  • Options
    trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've done the sound for a few ex-X-Factor people here and there, as well as a couple of ex-The Voice people, although I had never heard of the latter as I've never watched it. I've also done sound for some group off of Britain's Got Talent who were quite good, but I can't for the life of me remember who they were. Also plenty of acts who used to be something of a big deal but aren't any more (Beverly Craven, Chas & Dave, etc.).

The novelty wears off very quickly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About 20 years ago, I saw Clive Owen in a Waitrose. He looked familiar to me, and I thought he must have been an old friend. I just kept staring at him as he came up to me in the isle, and he stared back, with a sexy smile, and walked past. That was a bit of a moment for me!!! I would say, A list though!
  • Options
    Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    About twenty odd years ago I went back stage after a Beautiful South Concert and had a ciggie and beer with Paul Heaton. He was lovely.
  • Options
    IngenueIngenue Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Passed Gazza in as train station, I was staring because I knew I knew him, but couldn't figure out who he was until ages after. If he'd had chicken and a fishing rod, I would have realised straight away.

Saw Dan & Hazel from last years BB in a pub in Soho. Also saw Anfony Hutton standing in a pub preening and waiting for people to recognise him. He was actually standing on something so he stood out above the sea of heads.
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cara-mae wrote: »
    I walked past luke marsden in Wigan town centre.

Great eh! :D

And you managed not to whack him over the head ?? :o:D

I met Terry Wogan at Alton Towers in about 1986 :blush:

Also was once stood in a long long queue at the post office ... only when I got to the front did my mam nudge me and whisper "Look! That's Rod Hull in front of us!" He was wearing his pink suit too :D

And sticking with the Rod Hull theme ... my brother once met him at the train station and he asked him to carry his suitcase containing Emu to the pier for him :D:D:D
  • Options
    keeping_it_realkeeping_it_real Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Through work:
    Frankie Cocozza (sp?)
    Nanny Pat and Carol
    Joey Essex
    Keith Lemon
    Paddy Doherty
    Jodie Marsh
    Kitty Brucknell
    Lulu :D

In real life:
    Anthea Turner in the doctor's waiting room.
    We were behind Vic Reeves in the queue for the Wall of Death at Vintage at Goodwood.
    Actor John Altman in Waitrose.
    I passed Bruce Forsyth on the jetty at a waterskiing school (he was taking his kids who were quite young then.)

Hubby regularly sees Charlie Brooks at the station. She offered to buy him a cold drink one day when he couldn't get to the shop and he's also seen her trying to give away her unexpired Travelcard when she'd finished with it but nobody would take it :)

Serious A list:
    Eric Morecambe :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Toasty;74104208]About 20 years ago, I saw Clive Owen in a Waitrose. He looked familiar to me, and I thought he must have been an old friend. I just kept staring at him as he came up to me in the isle, and he stared back, with a sexy smile, and walked past. That was a bit of a moment for me!!! I would say, A list though![/QUOTE]

That is one hell of a random spot :D
    I met Rick Witter from Shed Seven once at a gig. He was quite dull :( And those twins on that hair prog called The Salon used to live up the road from me. Now that's proper Z list.
  • Options
    -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Roberto from (BB5) on the high street in Liverpool. Got photos of us too. And I also saw Grace and Mikey (BB7) in my local Tesco a few years back.

Non BB related is as follows:
    McFly 3 times
    Jamie Archer (X Factor)
    Rooster (mid noughties band)
    Freefaller (mid noughties band)
    The Noise Next Door (also a mid noughties band)

That's all I can think of at the minute :D
  • Options
    da33431da33431 Posts: 48,932
    Forum Member
    I once saw Jeanette Krankie in TK Maxx in Torquay - beat that! :p
  • Options
    spiralstaticspiralstatic Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a teenager, I saw Ruby Wax at an aquarium place in California with lots of manatee there. She looked so sad I wanted to give her a hug.

My Mum saw Sue out of Mel and Sue in Belsize Park, but I didn't see her. Used to see Stephen Hawking and Rory McGrath on his bike in the streets of Cambridge.

Walked past Ben Whishaw on Bond St when I was about to see him in a play that night. He looked absolutely terrified someone might recognise/stop him.

Brian May did a talk at the student Union while I was at Uni and as a child I was a big Queen fan and in fact I got into their 70's music before I got into any modern-day music. He talked almost entirely about depression and how it is difficult to go into the world and live life. He was very lovely and humble.

:)
  • Options
    JJ69JJ69 Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many moons ago (early 70s I think!) my friend and I had a very boozy night with Rodney Marsh and Terry Venables. My friend got the sack the next day because she couldn't make it into work....I went into work still drunk :D

I visited a couple of The Searchers in their houses in Liverpool in the 60s as my auntie worked with one of their Mums.

I worked at a private school where there were a fair few famous parents. Chris Ewbank, Patsy Palmer, Gary Moore, James Herbert, Greta Scacchi to name a few.

The other claim to fame is that John Gregory owned my house back in the 80s when he played for Brighton & Hove Albion :D
  • Options
    whowho Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not a Z lister but an A lister.
    I keep seeing Sandra bullock ( in my dreams)