Options

Fav Cult Finales

After just watching a very satisfying ending to Ugly betty, i thought it would be nice to see what other series finales to other cult shows that you really enjoyed. This is for last ever episodes for shows, not finales in general.

Mine are

Buffy's
Charmed
Friends
Ugly betty

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know season 4 of My Name is Earl was criticised a lot but i thouroughly enjoyed the last ever episode... until it finished with a cliffhanger :(

Other than that I can't really think of any but I can imagine the last ever episode of 24 being something special.
  • Options
    cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugly Betty
    West Wing
    Ummm, I'm sure LOST's will be great.
  • Options
    Miss CheefMiss Cheef Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Six Feet Under's ending was brilliant...the way it showed the characters in the future growing old & dying. Very poignant & moving :(
  • Options
    TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Babylon 5. No contest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Trollheart wrote: »
    Babylon 5. No contest.

Must agree Shadow wars classic, Sheridan falling to death at end.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snuffdaddy wrote: »

I knew I shouldn't have read this thread....... :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    I knew I shouldn't have read this thread....... :mad:

Dont worry season finale not series :D
  • Options
    LeMarchandLeMarchand Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B5 - very moving. Nowhere Man - managed to wrap up despite being cancelled but still leave something should anyone ever want to pick it up again...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    although i liked the charmed season 8 finale, i loved the ending of season 7 and thought that would have made a really interesting finale

I can only remember bits of buffy's but i think it was great lol, am in the middle of a buffy re-watch so will remember soon enough :D
  • Options
    unbiasedunbiased Posts: 725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    angel i love the line when he is asked what they going to do when faced by all the evil demons etc and he answers he wants to kill the dragon.
  • Options
    Ms BrightsideMs Brightside Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Life on Mars - really moving, made me cry!
  • Options
    TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    snuffdaddy wrote: »

That's the end of season 3. I'm talking about "Sleeping in light", the heart-wrenching End to Babylon 5, the series finale, last episode of season 5.
  • Options
    fabulistfabulist Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buffy TVS, Angel and Dollhouse were all v good I thought.
    Carnivalé was a great episode but I suppose not much of an ending :(
    I really liked The Peacekeeper wars, which served as farscapes finale
  • Options
    DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Angel, Peacekeeper Wars ( Farscape ), and both Stargate Atlantis and SG-1.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Star Trek The next generation
    Battlestar galactica
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I liked Pushing daisies's finale. Not intended to be a finale but Bryan fuller edited the very last 5 minutes of the finale where it was originally gonna be a cliffhanger and use money to create an ending where it told you the paths each character went on.
  • Options
    stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    Star Trek:TNG
    Twin Peaks
    Blake's 7
  • Options
    Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twin Peaks for me, I'm glad that it didn't tie things up as a story, but I think it may be because I saw FWWM before the series. I checked out the full FWWM script and it was originally supposed to end at the point with Cooper/BOB in the bathroom, besides I love the whole Black Lodge concept of non-linear time so with those things in mind I think it's a pretty good ending to the series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Star Trek TNG
    Blake's 7
    Voyager was ok!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buffy season 5 - the season with Glory .. THAT should have the the finale for the whole series imo - was just so fitting and utterly brilliant :cry:
  • Options
    stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    Pob-Bundy wrote: »
    Twin Peaks for me, I'm glad that it didn't tie things up as a story, but I think it may be because I saw FWWM before the series. I checked out the full FWWM script and it was originally supposed to end at the point with Cooper/BOB in the bathroom, besides I love the whole Black Lodge concept of non-linear time so with those things in mind I think it's a pretty good ending to the series.

Yeah as I mentioned in my previous post a good if downbeat ending. I sort of want to see the Twin Peaks story continue, but still it was a good way to end it. Remember : "How's Annie? How's Annie?"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blakes 7: Can't fault it for commitment. Ended up killing the whole flippin' lot! Still remember the stunned feeling to this day...

Babylon 5: Sleeping in light. Made a grown man cry. Nuff said?

The Avengers: Steed and Tara shot into space in a rocket! Get out of that one!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Babylon 5 - Very poignant.
    Angel
    Life on Mars - Hope the last episode of ashes to ashes is as strong.
    Space above and beyond.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    The Sapphire and Steel finale with its shock ending where the two elemental agents are essentially defeated and end up trapped in space and time. Nobody saw that coming!! :D

The Prisoner was probably the best Cult finale of all time. They say its confusing ending where Number 6 appears to find that he is being hounded by himself and may not even have escaped led to McGoohan going on the run in real life!! How can you beat that?!! :D:D
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Futurama's "The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings".