What next for Carla?

MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
Forum Member
I think she's one of the if the not best character in Corrie at the moment. With 2015 just around the corner, I'm struggling to think what Carla will be up to next year? She's had pretty much everything thrown at her in the last 8 years! :o

I personally would love to see Carla become a mother. I know some people will argue that it brings a character down but not giving Carla any of her own children could be a mistake. Does anybody agree? Or what story-lines would you give Carla for the New Year? :)

Comments

• callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully she is given a long break or put into the background.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's going to be heavily involved the bus crash so that will keep her busy for a few months what with the repercussions and that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Hopefully scenes that don't involve her talking to Michelle
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    I think she's one of the if the not best character in Corrie at the moment. With 2015 just around the corner, I'm struggling to think what Carla will be up to next year? She's had pretty much everything thrown at her in the last 8 years! :o

I personally would love to see Carla become a mother. I know some people will argue that it brings a character down but not giving Carla any of her own children could be a mistake. Does anybody agree? Or what story-lines would you give Carla for the New Year? :)

I agree.

If Corrie was in a good place with the right people in charge (producer, storyliners/writers, casting director etc.) then I'd say they should definitely cast some of her family - her father, aunt and maybe half siblings she knew nothing about.

Roy was right when he said that she would have made an excellent mother. She would’ve surprised a lot of people but I guess it wasn’t to be. I think Carla will be staying single for the foreseeable, though. A relationship will be the last thing she wants although I'm sure there'll be another love interest at some point (probably someone inappropriate). If that is the case, then I imagine she’ll reject him.

I don't know what they are doing with the Tracy/revenge story but I think things will calm down for Carla after the crash in January and she may disappear for a bit (:(). I hope she'll continue to have scenes with Roy, though.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    Scarlettj wrote: »
    I agree.

If Corrie was in a good place with the right people in charge (producer, storyliners/writers, casting director etc.) then I'd say they should definitely cast some of her family - her father, aunt and maybe half siblings she knew nothing about.

Roy was right when he said that she would have made an excellent mother. She would’ve surprised a lot of people but I guess it wasn’t to be. I think Carla will be staying single for the foreseeable, though. A relationship will be the last thing she wants although I'm sure there'll be another love interest at some point (probably someone inappropriate). If that is the case, then I imagine she’ll reject him.

I don't know what they are doing with the Tracy/revenge story but I think things will calm down for Carla after the crash in January and she may disappear for a bit (:(). I hope she'll continue to have scenes with Roy, though.

Yeah I read she may have a quiet start to 2015 after the mini bus crash but I really want her to be a mother!

and I feel that Corrie are only doing this crash in January to correspond with the NTA to make them look good!
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Hopefully scenes that don't involve her talking to Michelle
    But that makes up 70% of Michelle's screen time.

If she doesn't speak to Carla, she doesn't exist. Just a barmaid who pulls pints and folds her arms. And TPTB don't want that! They love their cosy chats. :kitty:
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,919
    Forum Member
    Develop her friendships. For a start her relationship with Roy is lovely. I also quite liked her scene with Beth the other night. I've had enough of Carla's love life storylines after all the Peter stuff. I say concentrate on other aspects of her life for now.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Develop her friendships. For a start her relationship with Roy is lovely. I also quite liked her scene with Beth the other night. I've had enough of Carla's love life storylines after all the Peter stuff. I say concentrate on other aspects of her life for now.

I would also add Leanne to your list of friendships, they just naturally fit each other in a way Michelle and Carla never have. Maybe the actresses are just friends in real life so have a natural chemistry or more likely they are both better actors than Kym so it works much better.
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what about her and Kevin Webster get together?
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    If Trevor wasn't bad enough. :eek: :kitty:
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    I would also add Leanne to your list of friendships, they just naturally fit each other in a way Michelle and Carla never have. Maybe the actresses are just friends in real life so have a natural chemistry or more likely they are both better actors than Kym so it works much better.

Yes resurrect her friendships with Leanne & Maria! The four of them together on Carla's hen night with Tony were like a tub of dynamite waiting to explode!! (Carla, Leanne, Maria & Michelle that is!!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member

The actresses who play Carla and Michelle are supposedly the best of friends in real life. They did an interview and a photoshoot in a magazine not long ago
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Introduce a relationship with a wildly unsuitable 'businessy-type' bloke, wait for it to go horribly wrong, same again the next year. Just like always.
  • Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A decent bloke, who will both be her equal and also make her happy

How about with Nick?

They had a bit of spark when they worked in the factory together
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think the Michelle/Carla friendship is the most natural in soapland right now. Unlike other friendships which have been lazily thrown together like Linda and Sharon in EE, Michelle and Carla actually fit each other perfectly.
    Still, no other pair can ever beat Shelly and Sunita for the best ever soap friendship!!
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A decent bloke, who will both be her equal and also make her happy

How about with Nick?

They had a bit of spark when they worked in the factory together

God No, that would be a bit weird, especially getting together with another one of Leanne's ex husband. Besides Nick is getting it off with Liz's mate
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Hank1234 wrote: »

My money's on Ken Barlow, there seems to be a spark between them.....!!
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rehab. Seriously, how can they still show this woman to be a casual drinker with no after affects, when she was almost as bad a drinker as Peter at one point?
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she will in the background for a while
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    I actually think the Michelle/Carla friendship is the most natural in soapland right now. Unlike other friendships which have been lazily thrown together like Linda and Sharon in EE, Michelle and Carla actually fit each other perfectly.
    Still, no other pair can ever beat Shelly and Sunita for the best ever soap friendship!!

I agree with this, I don't see why people have such a problem with them, they seem very natural together.

They have always been friends, right back to the whole scenario with Ryan not being Michelles son. Yes they have had their spats and fall outs in the past, but they are practically family, and the only family each other really has at the moment, and these things happen with people we are closest to