Options

*The Lady Gaga Appreciation Thread* (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the Muppets special tonight on Channel Five, it's nice to have it broadcast here in the UK :) Good move, Five! :)

It's a shame that it's on C5 it will be lucky to get close to 1m viewers but it's good to have on in the UK plus its on Xmas eve as well so at least C5 have shown some faith in it :)
  • Options
    Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slojo wrote: »
    It's a shame that it's on C5 it will be lucky to get close to 1m viewers but it's good to have on in the UK plus its on Xmas eve as well so at least C5 have shown some faith in it :)

I thought the same thing but at least five out of all the main channels decided to show it all, getting fed up of all these US exclusives :p:D

I made a thread in the TV section, I took a gamble because obviously some people who may not like Gaga may say "grr can't stand that gaga woman, she's everywhere!" (;-):D:D) but thought I'd let some people know who don't obsess in this particular forum about sales and such :D

I'm looking forward to watching it in it's entirety :)
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    Muppets and Lady Gaga at Xmas

Wow!!!

She is a star!

Artpop was amazing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pulled 930,000 viewers, that's good for an early Sunday slot on C5 and it looks like their most watched program of the day :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's really good for Five. I reckon if it'd been on BBC or ITV, possibly touching 5m.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    2013 - what a year!

Highs

Swinefest
    Lady Gaga with the Muppets
    performance on GN and AC
    'aura' as lead soundtrack song to a film

Lows

management - single and video releases have been so delayed and misshaped.... i can only assume some kind of 'beyonce revolutionary moment'
    XF UK performance
    song: 'jewels and drugs'
    badly aligned wigs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't really put 'Jewels & Drugs' in the list of 'lows' really. No one is really talking about that as an all-rounder (only fans or people who have the album).

There's always one track on an album that's a bit meh in comparison. I do agree with the rest though, but I did personally like the XF performance but it got a luke-warm reception.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic Acoustic "Gypsy" on Japanese TV :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHBzHxTA8gQ#t=2
  • Options
    mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    Slojo wrote: »
    Fantastic Acoustic "Gypsy" on Japanese TV :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHBzHxTA8gQ#t=2

GREAT find!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I literally listen to the Swinfefest audio daily, and the album, i love it
  • Options
    ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what do you think of the news that gaga is releasing DWUW with christina? i think r kelly actually makes the song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ali1234 wrote: »
    what do you think of the news that gaga is releasing DWUW with christina? i think r kelly actually makes the song.

Thought it was still a rumour but when they did it live on The Voice US it worked really well. They should just release that. How it will translate to a studio recording I don't knw but I think it's the kind of song that can be done in different ways by different people and it will still work fine :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so it wasn't just a rumour :D

It's really good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAeV90a5l-E
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I really like the version with Christina! Does anybody know when its getting released on iTunes?
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    I really like the version with Christina! Does anybody know when its getting released on iTunes?

I read that its not getting a release outside of the US, like the Rick Ross remix?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    diane rob - i love your optimism regarding 'jewels and drugs' ... 'every album has a meh song'... i detest the song... i think that its Gaga's worst song released.

I think that I may be in the minority - while I really don't like R Kelly and his songs before I loathe... seriously... i actually think the blend of their voices is fantastic on the track DWUW. I love Xtina but the track is nowhere near as good. And her vocals production wise sound add-on.
  • Options
    ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm not a fan of the christina version. it's hard to understand what she's actually singing about (i do know the lyrics, but if i didn't, i'd never be able to guess from the song). i also think the song sounds incomplete without the eh eh eh at the beginning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    I want her to drop DWUW now. R Kelly, Rick Ross and Xtina is a bit much, and Xtina sounds like she Skyped it in.

Gypsy please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think Sexxx Dreams would do wonders for her.

But quick impact

>>release song to radio >> video a week or two later >>> promo

Done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i thought that after 'DWUW' ... 'Venus' will be released?

I think Sexx Dreams or Fashion! could be big hits.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    by the looks of things she seems to be personifying "goddess of love" on Little Monsters by what has been circulated on FB.

Personally i lvoe VENUS sure its not instant but i love relistening and hearing something new....the best sonvs IMO are like that...whenever something is instant for me it doesnt last well on future listens. Something i love about Lady gaga as an artist.

And personally i would just love a video out...DWYW just seems to be flogged now...loved the Voice eprformance but i personally dont "feel" it as a single with Xtina..loved the original as it worked...but if no video is set for it...i simply think move onto VENUS or have SeXXX Dreams released and it would smash radio...seriously, catchy, seuctive and very unusually interesting...it would really work.

Failing that just let ARTPOP tide over into a sequel album perhaps?
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    DWUW with Xtina is up to #15 on iTunes, I have to admit I'm somewhat surprised
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Xtina and Gaga together on the track, but the more you think about it...the more you think "what's the point?".

However they do sound good together and hopefully one day we'll get a duet of a new song recorded together.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I posted on the ARTPOP album discussion a cool and trippy fan made Dope video.

In so many ways i kinda wish that ARTPOP had a video ready for each song so that basically at any mpoint she could release one for radio and tv/you tube circulation and endorse the album...i feel like the album isnt getting the air time it deserves really...love it so much, every song i love now more and moreso.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I posted on the ARTPOP album discussion a cool and trippy fan made Dope video.

In so many ways i kinda wish that ARTPOP had a video ready for each song so that basically at any mpoint she could release one for radio and tv/you tube circulation and endorse the album...i feel like the album isnt getting the air time it deserves really...love it so much, every song i love now more and moreso.

Totally agree with you. She takes far too long to release videos, By the time she gets round to releasing them the song has already reached its peak. She should really release the music video alongside the songs!