Will Joe McElderry's new single make the album rebound to number one?

cats academycats academy Posts: 787
Forum Member
✭✭
We all know that singles can work very well as "promoters" for albums - one can hear a song on a radio and instead of buying the single decide to buy the whole album!!
Someone Wake Me Up - notwithstanding the fact that it sounds like Taylor Swift's smash hit single "It's A Love Story" - is a great effort by Joe, and IMHO could give his album a boost, pushing it probably top 3, and maybe number one in the (arguably more lucrative!!!!) album charts.
Who agrees?

Comments

• yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,502
    Forum Member
    I think the single will flop tbh - its released on monday and has had little radio/ video play.

If the single flops then I cant see the album being revived.

tbh unless they release a brand new single, with proper promotion there is little hope of a career revival
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the single will flop tbh - its released on monday and has had little radio/ video play.

If the single flops then I cant see the album being revived.

tbh unless they release a brand new single, with proper promotion there is little hope of a career revival

I would love it to, but agree with this ^^. Radio 1 has yet again not playlisted it for example.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it sounds like Love Story then there's no way that it will even get to the top 40. Especially without proper promotion as one just said.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the 'love story' thing at all and I've listened to that song alot cos Joe did it on tour. Ah well.
  • cats academycats academy Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adayseye wrote: »
    I don't get the 'love story' thing at all and I've listened to that song alot cos Joe did it on tour. Ah well.

The two choruses are almost identical. Listen again....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For whatever reason Joe still isn't getting much airplay, because of this very few people know about this release so we don't know how it is likely to perform.

As fans we are confused by this 'capital's hit maker' told us it was a sure fire hit, but heart don't want to know. All global peeps but hey-ho.

This is all the more :eek: as heart were the radio station that joined Joe and the cast of Narnia to switch on the Regent Street Lights, where he performed both tracks. Jamie and Harriet followed this up with - NO MENTION whatsoever of Joe, no interview and have never played either track. Although Harriet tweeted fans directly after the performance to say she thought Joe was amazing and a really nice guy. The heart video of the event edited out all clips of Joe singing, saying they were copyrighted so couldn't be shown.

Anyone would think they wanted Joe to fail. Not that I'm bitter you understand! Well maybe a bit.
    Seriously, any DS people who like Joe we would really appreciate your support with the single. I don't see that he will have another opportunity if this sinks without trace.:cry:
  • ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a conspiracy against him. I wonder why?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For whatever reason Joe still isn't getting much airplay, because of this very few people know about this release so we don't know how it is likely to perform.

As fans we are confused by this 'capital's hit maker' told us it was a sure fire hit, but heart don't want to know. All global peeps but hey-ho.

This is all the more :eek: as heart were the radio station that joined Joe and the cast of Narnia to switch on the Regent Street Lights, where he performed both tracks. Jamie and Harriet followed this up with - NO MENTION whatsoever of Joe, no interview and have never played either track. Although Harriet tweeted fans directly after the performance to say she thought Joe was amazing and a really nice guy. The heart video of the event edited out all clips of Joe singing, saying they were copyrighted so couldn't be shown.

Anyone would think they wanted Joe to fail. Not that I'm bitter you understand! Well maybe a bit.
    Seriously, any DS people who like Joe we would really appreciate your support with the single. I don't see that he will have another opportunity if this sinks without trace.:cry:

The thing is, Joe shouldn't need radio play to be a hit. SWMU is, IMHO, a sure-fire classic single, which can propel the album back to the top of the chart. Watch this space!!!
  • Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand Radio 1 not playing the single just because its not their sort of thing. Radio 1 don't even play Alexandra Burke so Joe has no chance of ever making the radio 1 playlist.

Thought Heart not playing the single is not good at all :(
  • ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully, now Adam Lambert has noticed him, things will look up. Maybe Adam could let him have a short slot on his tour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully, now Adam Lambert has noticed him, things will look up. Maybe Adam could let him have a short slot on his tour.

A "short slot on his tour"?!!!! I LIKE it!! You dirty devil!
  • Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How will being noticed by Adam Lambert help :confused: hardly a big name in the uk is he
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The single will be lucky to bring the album back into the top 100 for a week.
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    The single will be lucky to bring the album back into the top 100 for a week.

It's out of the Top 100 already!?:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taz93 wrote: »

It's number 71, according to Sunday's official UK album chart
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would so like Someone Wake Me Up to help Joe's album but the thing is unless you follow Joe on twitter his fans from Xfactor are hardly going to know Joe has a single out let alone an album, Joe has had such bad promotion all round since the xfactor tour.

Someone Wake Me Up is a really good single so much better than Ambitions. Good luck Joe, so want to see him touring that is where he will excel.
  • OvertheUnderOvertheUnder Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, because what he is releasing is sub par quality and is heavily derivative of other 'pop' artists.

Basically it's rubbish and overproduced rubbish at that.
  • mrellis33mrellis33 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doubt the single will make top 5, its not particularly good. Album will continue to drop down the charts.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    It's number 71, according to Sunday's official UK album chart

Oh god that's awful! Poor little Joe :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I think Someone Wake Me Up/There's a Place for Us is a great single.

Where are all Joe's voters from last year's X-factor....millions of them.....come on you voted for Joe.....Joe now needs you to purchase his single........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Taz93 wrote: »

Wow :( Not a big Joe fan but you gotta feel for the guy. For some reason hes just not sticking. As current X Factor winner he shouldnt really need massive radio help to get him along but it seems that even general public interest in him is sort of fading.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haider wrote: »
    Wow :( Not a big Joe fan but you gotta feel for the guy. For some reason hes just not sticking. As current X Factor winner he shouldnt really need massive radio help to get him along but it seems that even general public interest in him is sort of fading.

Not sure it's actually fading they just haven't heard about him he's had such non existent promotion his die hard fans only hear things from his tweets. I'm sure more of his Xfactor fans would love this single Someone Wake Me Up and There's a Place for Us, if only it was brought to their attention.