Wentworth (Australian Pace) contains spoilers

Comments

• LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think the Erica/Franky thing should have played out for Season Two and then Joan coming in as governor for Season Three because I do think that Season Three will be Joan's last but then maybe that's for the best. Jac's Holt was a great character but had they kept her on for Season Two it would have taken some of the magic away but to get back to my point. Joan's arc is being spread across two seasons. Its annoying that a Prisoner legend like Erica only had one but never even got an on screen exit. Her story was left too unexplored. I think getting rid of Meg was genius as it transferred her storyline onto Will which signatured the show out as a reimagining. I can't say the same for the early loss of Erica and I am disappointed she is gone even if Joan has been epic.

Personally I'm not sure this new take on Prisoner can continue without Bea. She is the lead and this is very much her show. So I think the shows whole future hangs on Danielle Cormack's commitment and at the moment she seems more than happy. Perhaps once the Freak is dispatched they will take the show in another direction beyond power struggles. I have total faith in the writers and producers as so far they haven't let us down.

Agree with all of this.

Erica should have gotten at least an exit story but it seemed she never actually got started as a character and I do wonder why they chose to get rid of her when they hadn't really explored the character at all.

Also agree about Bea. This is her show. At the shows heart is Bea's journey from average every day mum to the hardened Queen Bea that nobody dares mess with. We've seen her lose everything. We've seen her go from meek and mild prisoner to unchallenged top dog. We've seen her change from someone who is easily pushed over and controlled to someone who not only realises she can outsmart people, but isn't afraid to actually do so. For me, you lose Bea, you lose the essence of the show.

That said. The writers have done a fantastic job so far. So I have faith that they can continue to do so.
  • HeWhoIsHereHeWhoIsHere Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Can't really say I have a reason to think this, but does anyone else have a slight feeling that S3 will be the last?

Wouldn't surprise me. Foxtel has an appalling reputation with cancelling its handful of original series.
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't surprise me. Foxtel has an appalling reputation with cancelling its handful of original series.

Australian shows (except for the soaps and that's probably because they are partly funded by the UK) don't seem to have a very long shelf life. Two to three series seems to be the standard - even something like Offspring which is hugely popular is apparently coming to an end because it's not eligible for tax breaks.

I'd think it'd be a shame if Season 3 would be the last series as there are so many stories to tell. I've been watching old episodes of Prisoner on Youtube and wouldn't it be fabulous if some of the older actresses popped up in Wentworth - maybe having Val Lehman turn up as Bea's mother or Maggie Kirkpatrick being a judge or something?
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    Because they don't know how long the show will run for. So if they save what they consider a good story line for a future series the show could be cancelled and it not seen at all. Shows are cancelled for all sorts of reasons and just because it seems pretty safe now. A years time it could be the opposite.

I actually meant why did you think the original Prisoner having 80 episodes a year was "daft"
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought people would like to know original Joan was named number 1 villain in the top 50 Villains list on Channel 5 ;)
  • Damon_JacksonDamon_Jackson Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Found this floating around on a few webpages. Can't decide whether it looks like a genuine promo picture, or if it's a fan made Photoshop job. Either way, I'm excited!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvLhz_lIYAAFdWT.jpg:large
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    Found this floating around on a few webpages. Can't decide whether it looks like a genuine promo picture, or if it's a fan made Photoshop job. Either way, I'm excited!

It looks like a mock-up to me, but
    the S3 trailer does definitely look like there is a riot happening
  • petebluepeteblue Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Can't really say I have a reason to think this, but does anyone else have a slight feeling that S3 will be the last?

I read somewhere maybe on this forum that they are already rehearsing series 4 and in pre production, to start filming later this year.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I read on the Prisoner Cell Block H forum that they are looking for a new location for Season Four.
  • TTTVTTTV Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

which web page? Then we can decide for ourselves whether it's a photoshop job...
    Forum Member
    TTTV wrote: »
    which web page? Then we can decide for ourselves whether it's a photoshop job...

Someone's Twitter page (@daviebaby8666) and also the Wentworth Facebook page-
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1482113285374888&set=o.216315588469168&type=1&theater
    Forum Member
    Yes I read on the Prisoner Cell Block H forum that they are looking for a new location for Season Four.

Yes you are right they are looking for a new location, but the cast are already rehearsing series 4 in the studio and filming will begin when a new location is found
  • ZaichikZaichik Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    I see Channel 5 begin airing season 2 in a fortnight's time. Hurrah!
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shall i start a UK pace thread?
  • Scarlet FeverScarlet Fever Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    shall i start a UK pace thread?

dunno - i havent seen any advertising (but i dont watch a lot of TV so that might explain it)

I hope they promote it well though, its good and deserves a good uk audience
  • wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just spent the last 3 days catching up on season 2...loved this series better than the first and that's saying something !!!!
    Brilliant to Hear Bea call Fergson the Freak.....and glad she shot that smarmy Braydon.

Hope Fletch survives, as much as he fell apart towards the end I felt really sorry for him...and poor Lizzie :(
    And as much as I dislike Frankie she definitely has something up her sleeve for Bea....can't wait for season 3 :D
  • DeanparkrDeanparkr Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didnt get why Liz was arrested at the end.. what did she do wrong?
    Forum Member
    Deanparkr wrote: »
    I didnt get why Liz was arrested at the end.. what did she do wrong?

Harbouring a criminal, handling an illegal weapon and essentially aiding and abetting Brayden's murder. Obviously she wasn't exactly eager to do it and it was Bea's fault for exploiting her loyalty but she was complicit merely by not reporting Bea or telling the police the truth when asked about her. She'll be back inside for a while. Quite tragic really considering the moment she had with her daughter but I am glad she'll be back for the next series.
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Just announced that Season 3 starts on April 7th, a minute and a half trailer for it too. So bloody pumped for the shows return.
  • greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that can't wait for series 3
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    JMTD wrote: »
    Just announced that Season 3 starts on April 7th, a minute and a half trailer for it too. So bloody pumped for the shows return.

seen the trailer, but how long are channel 5 going to make us wait for it??? (those who dont watch aus pace)

surely not september:confused::o:o:o
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up, not long to go now :D
    Forum Member
    Here is the new trailer for season three which starts in Australia on April 7th. The trailer is viewable in the UK
    http://wentworth.sohotv.com.au/video/wentworth-season-3-first-look-trailer/menu-id-327.html
    Forum Member

Luckily, I was wrong! A fourth season has been commissioned ahead of Season 3 being aired! :D

http://wentworth.sohotv.com.au/about/wentworth-season-4-announced/menu-id-329.html
    Forum Member
    It's back!!