Options

Mirrors edge

DaccoDacco Posts: 3,354
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is it just me or does somebody else find this game absolutly stunning and original....It's just I don't see many posts about it. Yes the story line could be a bit better, but I find the gameplay brilliant.....got loads of new releases at the moment but this just keeps dragging me back for more.

Comments

• Options
    alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Liked the first hour. They should have delayed it a year to double the length and sort out the combat.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    absolutely loved it, completed it about 3 times trying to get all the trophies
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm awaiting its arrival in the post, though I don't think I'll get round to playing it any time soon thanks to the mighty Fallout 3.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It iss good. Not as good as I had hoped but it is good. I enjoy playing it, but can only do at most a chapter at a time or I get annoyed! Serves me right for being a bit poo at it I guess.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    waiting for this in the post also - liked the demo and it's something different, so seeing as you can pick it up for £15 online at most places, thought it would be worth giving it a go!

looks very stylish - fun to have a quick blast on - just nice to have something fresh and different come along really...
  • Options
    FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Mirror's Edge, but it gets a bit boring after a while. I enjoy it most in short doses. I'm not very good at all the ultra fancy tricks, I just run through the game really, so maybe that's my problem:p
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    would love to pick this one up, especially at £15 but I'm on a no more buying games ban it seems at the moment. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    would love to pick this one up, especially at £15 but I'm on a no more buying games ban it seems at the moment. :(

Oh no! Why's that gilly?
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sbds1 wrote: »
    Oh no! Why's that gilly?

just have too many games I have hardly touched and also cause we have bought a few games for the Wii recently.

games prices are fantastic though just now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    just have too many games I have hardly touched and also cause we have bought a few games for the Wii recently.

games prices are fantastic though just now.

Agreed on the prices front. It's going to hurt like hell if they go up again though.

I have a few set out that I haven't played yet/not finished.

I am not buying anyore until Heavy Rain, it looks like the game that'll define the year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,503
    Forum Member
    alternate wrote: »
    They should have delayed it a year to double the length

Don't worry, they have DLC coming. That should lengthen it a bit.
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,397
    Forum Member
    I completed this game yesterday & thought it was one of the best games I've played this year. I loved it & Will play through it again on the harder difficulty level next week.

The way the game ends leads me to think there will be a Mirrors Edge 2 & I am really looking forward to that :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completed this game yesterday & thought it was one of the best games I've played this year. I loved it & Will play through it again on the harder difficulty level next week.

The way the game ends leads me to think there will be a Mirrors Edge 2 & I am really looking forward to that :)

I believe it is intended to be a trilogy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sbds1 wrote: »
    It iss good. Not as good as I had hoped but it is good. I enjoy playing it, but can only do at most a chapter at a time or I get annoyed! Serves me right for being a bit poo at it I guess.

Lol.... yeah, me too! I managed to finish it, but there were a couple of points that I just had to repeat a few (well, felt like about 1000) times to get right which made me madder than hell.

Still, overall I loved it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's okay. It's not brilliant, but it's different from other games. I found it to be too samey in the end, so I traded it.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm really enjoying this game i got it for £19.99 even though i kept getting killed a million times on level one damn miss timing my jumps but i think it is a good game.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Mirrors Edge is one of the best gaming experiences I had last year, I really enjoyed the game and found it a nice refreshing change from the normal run of the mill games that come out. The graphical style of the game is awesome and so is the music that accompanies the game. Its just a shame the game is a little on the short side.

On my first play through I completed it without using a weapon which became very difficult on some of the later sections of the game (like the server room), when I played on hard I started using the weapons and that kind of spoilt the experience for me a bit. Some of the moves you can pull off once you get to grips with the control system look spectacular.
  • Options
    DaccoDacco Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    I think Mirrors Edge is one of the best gaming experiences I had last year, I really enjoyed the game and found it a nice refreshing change from the normal run of the mill games that come out. The graphical style of the game is awesome and so is the music that accompanies the game. Its just a shame the game is a little on the short side.

On my first play through I completed it without using a weapon which became very difficult on some of the later sections of the game (like the server room), when I played on hard I started using the weapons and that kind of spoilt the experience for me a bit. Some of the moves you can pull off once you get to grips with the control system look spectacular.

Yes agree, I do have a bit of trouble getting to grips with the special moves but I also find myself redoing a chapter trying to do it abit quicker and find those bl***dy bags. Glad to see it's not just me enjoying this game, got it cheap as well.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game was too short...
  • Options
    Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,726
    Forum Member
    How long is this game exactly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Echo1 wrote: »
    How long is this game exactly?

First play through on normal mode, maybe 5 hours depending on how quickly you adapt to the controls.

Another 5 hours on hard if you also go looking for the hidden bags.

Once you know the game it could easiely be completed in under 3hours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow, that short, eh? I'll wait till it's a tenner before picking it up in that case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, that short, eh? I'll wait till it's a tenner before picking it up in that case.

I would say play the demo on the PSN, if you really like that then its worth £20 as the experience is great, if not it really isn't worth a tenner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I played the demo when it came out. I wont buy games that last less than 10 hours for over a tenner, just my system.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I played the demo when it came out. I wont buy games that last less than 10 hours for over a tenner, just my system.

Lol... it probably took me over 10 hours... but that's just coz I suck at it :D

Well worth picking up from a bargain bin tho mate if you liked the demo at all, it is very pretty, and quite different to anything else.