More Content!!

I've had BT Vision since May and have been relatively happy. However, it was sold to me on the premise of the Football, and regularly updated quality VOD Content.

Well I have to say the the VOD content has so far fallen short. The freqency of new programming seems to be non existent. I was told that they were planning to have any movie you could currently rent at blockbuster availiable. To me this was a fantastic prospect, becasue I would happily pay 2.99 for the latest movies or pay a subscription for the service like screen select. The reality is somewhat different though. The quality of the movies offered is not great, they dont seem to add new series and whats happening with the sports? I would of hoped for some kind of announcment about pricing by now.

BT Vision is a great prospect but they need to start dellivering or the £14 a month im paying and having to put up with frequent V-Box lock ups and system re-boots

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    I'm thinking of getting BT Vision, and this and the 'lock ups' are are concern. At least the site now tells me what they have... seems like a lot of TV stuff which is more what i'm into. I can see you point but i imagine if they're not pushing this big time they will a) have to sort the locks up... and i feel this might be microsoft's fault... b) introduct far more content...

i'm thinking the content issue will be solved as the licencing issues are being cleared up... i imagine that deals are being done with apple (via itunes) tiscali, sky, as well as other online distibutors... once it's all tied up i imagine that we'll find a bit more... i also hope that the bbc's iplayer content will find it's way onto bt vision (can anyone confirm or deny this?)

i'm going to go for this, i originally opted for AppleTV.. hoping that iTunes would introduce a uk tv store but whilst i'm sure this will happen the TV market in the uk is far more competitive and Apple will focus most of their efforts in thier USA initially. at any rate this will cost me £30 and i can cancel at any time...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    It bugs me that for ages, Day 1 of 'Worst Week of my Life' was missing, pretty crucial, and NIghty Night has a trailer that says 'watch this now' and the series isnt there to watch and hasnt been for months!

They definately need to speed up additions to VOD, my subscription is being cancelled until they do!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    jonpars wrote: »
    It bugs me that for ages, Day 1 of 'Worst Week of my Life' was missing, pretty crucial, and NIghty Night has a trailer that says 'watch this now' and the series isnt there to watch and hasnt been for months!

They definately need to speed up additions to VOD, my subscription is being cancelled until they do!

Yeah, the subscription is high for what you actaully get at the moment
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Yep agree thinking of cancelling my subscription pack until they get more stuff on there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    deeman wrote: »
    ...and whats happening with the sports?

Sport is going to be largesly based around the new football season 0708: live FAPL, near-live FAPL, live SPL. I expect an announcement will definitely be made this month, probably within next fortnight tops. Otherwise they are not leaving much time before the season actually starts.