Introducing Wii MotionPlus

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Nindendo will release their sports resort & motionplus first wouldnt allow another software house release the first compatible game

seeing the jetski one does it use the wii fit board because it should do, do we know if its used at all?
    Forum Member
    info is sketchy at the moment but it would seem not. Why not Ningotnoclue thats just lazy programming - think of all the wii fit promotion you're missing out on....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Callous wrote: »

Nintendo are due to give a Keynote speech at the Game Developers Conference at the end of March...so it's likely it will be dated then.

Oh yeah! I've heard of that before! It's like a mini Spring E3 Conference... (kinda! lol)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    SEP555 wrote: »
    Nindendo will release their sports resort & motionplus first wouldnt allow another software house release the first compatible game

seeing the jetski one does it use the wii fit board because it should do, do we know if its used at all?
    Family Ski came out before the Balance Board did and that provided support for the Balance Board...
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Serebii wrote: »
    Family Ski came out before the Balance Board did and that provided support for the Balance Board...

No it didnt:confused:
    Wiifit was released in europe April 25th 2008 (Jap was Dec 2007)
    Family Ski was released in Europe June 13th 2008 (Jap was Jan 2008)
    Forum Member
    still if all the games are beach orientated where are all the water sports or maybe theyll (or someone) will release Wii Watersports - with board compatibility! surfing, water skiing, jet skiing, wind surfing, kite buggys etc....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, I've chewed my words! According to IGN, Nintendo are facing a few hiccups, which has lead the game and motion plus fate unknown now! This may not turn out to be a Spring/Summer release!!

Oh, and let's kick the dead horse some more, shall we?... The expected 10 games has been cut to between 6-8!
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redlight79 wrote: »
    Okay, I've chewed my words! According to IGN, Nintendo are facing a few hiccups, which has lead the game and motion plus fate unknown now! This may not turn out to be a Spring/Summer release!!

Oh, and let's kick the dead horse some more, shall we?... The expected 10 games has been cut to between 6-8!

It could be true..but IGN do have a patchy record. I'd give it a 50/50 chance given their past history.

I still don't think that EA would have dated both Tiger Woods and Grand Slam Tennis for June 16th..if they hadn't been given an expected Motionplus date by Nintendo.

I could understand Tiger Woods as that's multi-format ..but it seems poor business sense to release Grand Slam Tennis on the same day unless it's backed by the Motionplus launch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    Sports Resort is now available to pre-order on Amazon - states it's release date as 31st December.

Hope it comes a lil sooner than that! :D:D
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Apparantly Motion plus will not be released alongside Wii Sports Resorts, but Grand Slam Tennis instead.
    News: Wii MotionPlus Dated

Posted by Stephen Thomson - Mar 23rd 2009 16:36

But not with Wii Sports Resort...

Shown back in E3 2008 and originally expected to hit in Spring 2009 bundled with Wii Sports Resort, many have been anticipating the release of the peripheral which will offer true 1:1 controls. But lately it's been all quiet... apart from the fact that we know Ubisoft's Red Steel 2, EA's Grand Slam Tennis, Tiger Woods 2010 and Sega's Virtua Tennis will use the add-on. Now MotionPlus has a release date, but not with a Nintendo title...

Wii MotionPlus is scheduled to hit Europe on July 2nd, bundled with Grand Slam Tennis and will retail for €59.99. Alternatively, Grand Slam Tennis will retail for €49.99 if you don't want to pick up the accessory just yet.