Options

The Saturdays' Appreciation Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I saw it Mimi, kind of disappointing I think. Not sure why they made Vanessa sing it all by herself!
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Yeah I saw it Mimi, kind of disappointing I think. Not sure why they made Vanessa sing it all by herself!

Yes she did do a lot of the singing, didn't she?

I also think that as far as hits go that people who are just casual listeners there weren't that many that people would recognise.
  • Options
    javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their performance was so disappointing! They had the right idea (which should have also been used in previous albums to help shift albums) by performing a medley. It was nice to hear some of the backlog though.

The transitions didn't flow and some parts were so pitchy - mainly Vanessa, but considering she sang the most...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Their performance was so disappointing! They had the right idea (which should have also been used in previous albums to help shift albums) by performing a medley. It was nice to hear some of the backlog though.

The transitions didn't flow and some parts were so pitchy - mainly Vanessa, but considering she sang the most...

I do agree with that.

I'm expecting a split soon, if I'm honest. I'm quite happy just to listen to what they've released so far. They do have some good pop songs, though the casual public might not be aware of them. Even in the GH medley I wouldn't say that casual buyers would have been aware of half of the songs, sadly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I'm happy for them but sadly I think this could be the end for them. I'm expecting a split announcement in the not too distant future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have returned from flight 808 and am now safely back on the soil, and wow what a flight!
    Haha, anyways, last night was the Wembley show, OMG it was absolutely fantastic, I enjoyed every second, the girls were on fire! Vanessa especially absolutely nailed it! Every high note was perfect, she even did Forever is Over how it’s meant to be sang, i.e. not in falsetto.
    Mollie busting out a Britney song halfway through Disco Love was a real highlight, so brilliant!
    And then when they tried to take a pic for Instagram they realised the camera wasn’t even on LOL.
    But yeah really, really enjoyed the show, and also, do not believe a word about low ticket sales, sure there were a few empty seats but wow it was far more packed than I thought it would be, and the crowd were loud as well so that made me happy for the girls.
    There was an awesome Brazilian guy sitting behind me, he’d actually travelled all the way here just for the show, he was sure dedicated! Was doing all the dance routines and singing along, it was great!
    Highlights for me include 808, Just Can’t Get Enough (they’d remixed it to sound more clubby), Work, Disco Love, Notorious, the medley, Chasing Lights (before they started this Rochelle said CL was her favourite Sats album), All Fired Up and What About Us. But I loved every song regardless.
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to see them in Brighton tonight! Agh I can't wait! Seen a few videos on YT and it looks incredible. Loving the look of the intro particularly.
  • Options
    Lord KramLord Kram Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    I went last night, and it was incredible! Such a great show and every song was amazing.
    Met the girls quickly before hand and got a couple of photos which made the night even better! :)
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love all of the girls, they're all so pretty but I'd rank them: Frankie, Molly, Una, Rochelle, Vanessa. Love most of their songs too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Frankie has made it through to the next week on strictly :)

Next week is film week. I wonder what they'll be dancing to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Frankie reveals wedding photographs.

Photo 1
    Photo 2

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here is Frankie and Kevin's routine from last week.

Charleston to "Happy Days"

Loved that routine. They have a paso doble this week. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Frankie's paso doble to "America" from West Side Story earning her the first 10 of the series.

I loved this routine.
  • Options
    smartie3smartie3 Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Loved her tango to defying gravity last night, really wasn't sure how it would work with the music but somehow it did.

I recently bought living for the weekend and have had it on repeat a lot, so many good songs on it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    smartie3 wrote: »
    Loved her tango to defying gravity last night, really wasn't sure how it would work with the music but somehow it did.

I recently bought living for the weekend and have had it on repeat a lot, so many good songs on it :D

They worked well with what they were given. "Defying Gravity" is no where near a tango song, it was chosen by the producers. The producers have been given far too much power, sadly.

Frankie & Kevin's Tango to "Defying Gravity" from the musical "WICKED"

I don't mind "Living For The Weekend". It's not their best work but it's not their worst either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    I don't mind "Living For The Weekend". It's not their best work but it's not their worst either.

I thought it was a pretty solid album compared to On Your Radar. Nothing they have released since can top Chasing Lights though. That is hands down their best album. I don't get the hate for Wordshaker either. OK it's not their best album and it's a bit of a letdown compared to CL (as it felt rushed) but it's not that bad either. It had some decent songs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be in the minority with OYR, fantastic album imo, my favourite of theirs actually, not a single bad song imo, just great pop music.
  • Options
    smartie3smartie3 Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    They worked well with what they were given. "Defying Gravity" is no where near a tango song, it was chosen by the producers. The producers have been given far too much power, sadly.
    Yep definitely, some of the producers' song choices weren't great last weekend.
    I thought it was a pretty solid album compared to On Your Radar. Nothing they have released since can top Chasing Lights though. That is hands down their best album. I don't get the hate for Wordshaker either. OK it's not their best album and it's a bit of a letdown compared to CL (as it felt rushed) but it's not that bad either. It had some decent songs.
    I must be in the minority with OYR, fantastic album imo, my favourite of theirs actually, not a single bad song imo, just great pop music.

I don't think I could pick my favourite out all of them, definitely have good memories of CL, headlines and OYR though. Just listening to wordshaker now, cant believe I forgot about Lose Control and Open up, good songs :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christmas Wrapping is only 19p on Google Play Store. :) Currently at #20, could chart top 40 if it continues to climb this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Just to set the record straight, I don't actually hate On Your Radar, but I just think it's a bit messy and not very consistent compared to Chasing Lights or even Living For The Weekend. It did have some good potential singles though. Faster, Last Call (which would've done well considering Adele was popular in 2011/12), Get Ready Get Set and I Say Ok should've all been singles.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Christmas Wrapping is only 19p on Google Play Store. :) Currently at #20, could chart top 40 if it continues to climb this week.

Here's a fluke I thought you might like to know. The original version of Christmas Wrapping (from the Waitresses) came out in 1982, when Christmas Day fell on a .... Saturday! :):cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Frankie and Wayne are expecting baby number 2! Congratulations to them. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you're awake and don't know what to watch on TV, Frankie is on Sunday Brunch this morning.