Options

Was Crack Cocaine the real reason Alex left CBB

Comments

• Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But if Alex had such a problem with a gay man, how come he seemed to get on fairly well with Kav?

Maybe he wasn't even aware that Kav was gay? He doesn't wear it with quite the same sort of jazz hands as Perez does.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But if Alex had such a problem with a gay man, how come he seemed to get on fairly well with Kav?

Alexander is quoted on here as saying to Perez: "I will get in your ass. I will get in your ass sonny. Get some son. You want some, son?...". Is this a threat that a straight man would use?
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »
    Alexander is quoted on here as saying to Perez: "I will get in your ass. I will get in your ass sonny. Get some son. You want some, son?...". Is this a threat that a straight man would use?

Yes he did. It was an explicit threat. There was also a C5 clip on here of that vicious little interlude. Guess what? C5 and BB have rewritten Alex's history and removed the incriminating clips! Anyone surprised?

Guess what they left the 18th January show.:D

21. 45 in.This was all menacing behaviour and he was off his trolley. Which of the HMs noticed it?

http://www.channel5.com/shows/celebrity-big-brother/episodes/episode-12-299
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Yes he did. It was an explicit threat. There was also a C5 clip on here of that vicious little interlude. Guess what? C5 and BB have rewritten Alex's history and removed the incriminating clips! Anyone surprised?

Guess what they left the 18th January show.:D

21. 45 in.This was all menacing behaviour. Which of the HMs noticed it?

http://www.channel5.com/shows/celebrity-big-brother/episodes/episode-12-299

It's very surprising that anyone in an authoritative position of a media outlet, would remove evidence and re-write history in order to hide a person's attacking behaviour isn't it? hang on that sounds very familiar.....^_^
  • Options
    WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Maybe he wasn't even aware that Kav was gay? He doesn't wear it with quite the same sort of jazz hands as Perez does.

Yes no jazz hands, but he made no secret of it either. So Alex probably did know.
  • Options
    WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So you're saying Alex is gay? :D

It's certainly a threat that Perez used towards Callum. And who knows, maybe Perez found Alex's sexual threat strangely arousing?
  • Options
    HelenbemerryHelenbemerry Posts: 5,738
    Forum Member
    missbeenie wrote: »
    He's a liar, he's been using all the time. I know of Alex and know unfortunately some of the undesirables that deal with him.

I expected the stories of his drug use to come out while he was in the house. He's trying to save face because he has been caught, if you look back in my history , you will see where I already mentioned about the stories of his drug use coming out in the press, looks like they waited until he came out of the house, or the papers were informed and used a sting on him.

It's well documented that Alexander's career went down the pan because of his drug addiction and him and Keith Chegwin had a conversation about their addictions quite early on in the series so I don't understand all the vitriol directed towards him now because of it.

It's pathetic how people are jumping on the bandwagon accusing him of smuggling drugs into the house and taking them while he was in there - they have cameras on them 24/7 in every area of the house so he wouldn't have got away with it.

Addiction is an illness and doesn't make him a bad person so why should anyone who got on with him in the house turn their back on him now? It seems that everyone can be opinionated, nasty and lack empathy about things they feel strongly about so all the moral high ground that's been taken on here over the last few weeks for things that Katie H has said, seems rather stupid and pointless
  • Options
    LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    It's all starting to crystalise now :o

It also explains why BB removed him discreetly with only an announcement.

Yet Hopkins & gang, and their supporters, still blame Perez :confused:

If this is true then BB shafted Perez big time!
  • Options
    yowie29yowie29 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    My idea is that i think Perez worked out Alex was still using but the other HM's were in the dark apart from Nadia. Perez was very angry at the producers over that tweet (which i think was a cover btw). BB set him up with the secret house and other inducements to keep him sweet and not to to tell the HMs because they knew the celebs could sue if they thought their safety was compromised. Perez took all the flak and now out of the house he isnt commenting. He said he would only do one interview for loose women as a favour to Nadia. sounds like a conspiracy theory lol but possible maybe
  • Options
    Dave_62Dave_62 Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's the typical threat black American homophobes use to threaten gay men. Standard stuff.
  • Options
    onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    ...and the great sin of Perez was supposedly making Alex the martyr leave the house used as evidence that Perez was the root of all evil so many times.

Perez should be expecting a lot of apologies soon, i doubt he'll get them though.

This series of events shows the extreme limitation of only looking at part of the picture as some kind of singular truth rather than seeking out the fuller perspective.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...and the great sin of Perez was supposedly making Alex the martyr leave the house used as evidence that Perez was the root of all evil so many times.

Perez should be expecting a lot of apologies soon, i doubt he'll get them though.

This shows the limitation of only looking at part of the picture as some kind of singular truth rather than seeking out the fuller perspective.

Yes, never mind what was supposedly going on in the house that we didn't get to see, it's what was going on behind the scenes that tells the real story and gives context to some of those :confused::confused: moments in the supposed 'highlights'.
    For instance, it makes sense of the live show blooper when BB accidentally broadcast Perez quietly telling Nadia in the cage 'I think he's still using';' Nadia in the kitchen saying WTTE in relation to Alex: "We all saw it, come on...' when KH started her poisonous "Perez destroyed my friend The Big Man" campaign.
    We already knew they had come up with a clumsy edit for Alex leaving. And that Perez was persuaded by a producer to stay longer in The Perez Show, when he'd really had enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addiction is an illness and doesn't make him a bad person so why should anyone who got on with him in the house turn their back on him now? It seems that everyone can be opinionated, nasty and lack empathy about things they feel strongly about so all the moral high ground that's been taken on here over the last few weeks for things that Katie H has said, seems rather stupid and pointless

Well Katie Hopkins should shun him because on the Matthew Wright Show she laid into drugs addicts, said they were "nothings" and shouldn't receive medical treatment.
    Nice way to treat ill people, I'm sure you'll agree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MargMck wrote: »
    Yes, never mind what was supposedly going on in the house that we didn't get to see, it's what was going on behind the scenes that tells the real story and gives context to some of those :confused::confused: moments in the supposed 'highlights'.
    For instance, it makes sense of the live show blooper when BB accidentally broadcast Perez quietly telling Nadia in the cage 'I think he's still using';' Nadia in the kitchen saying WTTE in relation to Alex: "We all saw it, come on...' when KH started her poisonous "Perez destroyed my friend The Big Man" campaign.
    We already knew they had come up with a clumsy edit for Alex leaving. And that Perez was persuaded by a producer to stay longer in The Perez Show, when he'd really had enough.

Yeah, there's much more to the picture then simply Perez being the root of all evil and making Alex do and say things and making Alex leave...

If one of the initial things he did when leaving the house is allegedly buy and use crack, i very highly doubt that Perez is responsible for Alex leaving the house and it might give further insight into why he actually wanted to leave the house so soon in wanting to be evicted during that early vote... as some were pointing out back then when it all happened, the man obviously has some serious issues. If he's dealing with drug problems that severe, being in the Big Brother environment is probably not the best place for him to be.
  • Options
    mcworstermcworster Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Alex left because he knew he couldn't control his reactions to Perez. The other HM knew this as well but blamed Perez without acknowledging it was Alex's problem. They all faced the same challenges from Perez, and none of them ever threatened him in the way Alex did. I detected a sense of relief from them when Alex left but they transferred their guilt onto Perez.
  • Options
    Helen567Helen567 Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://youtu.be/4qX1ngjRXEg
    Interview with Alex by Emma after he left. Not seen it before. Apologies if already posted.
  • Options
    Bagshot85Bagshot85 Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    It's well documented that Alexander's career went down the pan because of his drug addiction and him and Keith Chegwin had a conversation about their addictions quite early on in the series so I don't understand all the vitriol directed towards him now because of it.

It's pathetic how people are jumping on the bandwagon accusing him of smuggling drugs into the house and taking them while he was in there - they have cameras on them 24/7 in every area of the house so he wouldn't have got away with it.

You can't help or control having an illness. You can control having an addiction. It's no coincidence that addicts are usually selfish and weak, and will do pretty much anything to get that fix. How many lives have been lost, or families destroyed and torn apart by this selfish addiction?
  • Options
    Bagshot85Bagshot85 Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    Well Katie Hopkins should shun him because on the Matthew Wright Show she laid into drugs addicts, said they were "nothings" and shouldn't receive medical treatment.
    Nice way to treat ill people, I'm sure you'll agree.

They're not ill.....:confused:
    it's a choice.
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    It is baffling to me too. You even hear presenters of TV progammes having strong opinions about events in the BB house when they only see one or two clips.
    Even if they watched the HL show every night, it's hard to believe that they make cast iron judgments about people thinking they know who they are and what they are really like based on what they saw on the telly.
    It's not just the fact that they make strong judgments, it's that they feel that they need to vocalize them in the media to everyone to let everyone know that they know what the truth is, and speak as if they are an authority on the facts and need to express where they morally stand on the matter.

It's as though people on TV feel that they need to be seen to have an an opinion on what they clearly know little about. Like they think everyone's talking about it so have to jump on the bandwagon and reinforce a popular point of view.
    I saw Matthew Wright on The Wright Stuff talking about it with a deadly serious face.:D
    And you could tell that he knew jack shit about what was going on because the surrounding details he mentioned weren't even correct. It was as if he'd lifted his information from a newspaper article, which is probably exactly what he did.
    Like you say, it's not just idiots, it's also seemingly intelligent people who know how the media works and who should know better.

It's just a shitty little reality show on Channel 5. In the big scheme of things it's meaningless and of little importance.
    It's a crazy world we live in right now.

Matthew Wright's performance demonstrates that celebrities learned nothing from Chris Morris' 'Brasseye' when week after week he got a procession of 'names' to jump on a bandwagon and promote a load of absolute nonsense. Remember them talking about a new drug "cake", and paedophiles sharing DNA with crabs? :D

Back on topic, I feel pity for any addict, but it's a low blow to try and blame your addiction on what amounted to someone being annoying over a short space of time. I thought one of the 12 steps is accountability?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mcworster wrote: »
    I think Alex left because he knew he couldn't control his reactions to Perez. The other HM knew this as well but blamed Perez without acknowledging it was Alex's problem. They all faced the same challenges from Perez, and none of them ever threatened him in the way Alex did. I detected a sense of relief from them when Alex left but they transferred their guilt onto Perez.

That makes sense. There is not much worse for recovering or recovered addicts than to be with someone who has, or is about to fall off the wagon. First we have Jeremy on the booze (Perez goes to DR to say "He’s not in a very mentally stable place right now.")

Then there's Keith and Alex talking about addictions and counsellors, and Calum Best's pronouncements of "putting himself out there" after a time in a dark place. They surely would pick up on Alex's problems, knowing exactly how it feels.

But when it comes to Alex leaving, they choose the typical denial route, because it's too close to home. Much better to be enabled by KH using it to attack Perez.
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Bagshot85 wrote: »
    You can't help or control having an illness. You can control having an addiction. It's no coincidence that addicts are usually selfish and weak, and will do pretty much anything to get that fix. How many lives have been lost, or families destroyed and torn apart by this selfish addiction?

This is a bit of a myth actually. You can control DEVELOPING an addiction, that's true (although whoever starts out thinking 'hey, think I'll get myself addicted to this') but once an addictive substance physiologically takes hold, it changes your brain chemistry and function. This is why addiction is called a disease.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're not ill.....:confused:
    it's a choice.

Indeed it is in the early stages BUT...
    You need to read what I was replying to. The other poster said addiction was an illness and those with it should not be shunned. I pointed out that KH had dismissed addicts as "nothings" in the past and that they should not receive medical treatment.
  • Options
    purplesky99purplesky99 Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can control having an addiction.

Bit of an odd sentence given that addiction is a strong uncontrollable urge or need to take a substance or carry out an activity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is a bit of a myth actually. You can control DEVELOPING an addiction, that's true (although whoever starts out thinking 'hey, think I'll get myself addicted to this') but once an addictive substance physiologically takes hold, it changes your brain chemistry and function. This is why addiction is called a disease.

ITA

You can make the choices doing the drugs initially, and then continuing to do so for awhile... however, i do believe there becomes a point where they're no longer in control and it takes their soul in some ways.

Technically, if someone wants to take a hard stance on it they could say it was their choice to do drugs in the first place and their responsibility for what happens, which they'd probably have a point.

Although, it's not always known fully what people are getting themselves into at the time. I don't believe all addicts are created equally in the same way that i don't believe all criminals are created equally and i wouldn't judge them as such, there's a story and journey behind everyone.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That makes sense. There is not much worse for recovering or recovered addicts than to be with someone who has, or is about to fall off the wagon. First we have Jeremy on the booze (Perez goes to DR to say "He’s not in a very mentally stable place right now.")

Then there's Keith and Alex talking about addictions and counsellors, and Calum Best's pronouncements of "putting himself out there" after a time in a dark place. They surely would pick up on Alex's problems, knowing exactly how it feels.

But when it comes to Alex leaving, they choose the typical denial route, because it's too close to home. Much better to be enabled by KH using it to attack Perez.

I never really thought about it but you've highlighted that quite a few of them in there have had or still have addiction problems.