Options

Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think we've seen the end of the Niamh/Al storyline. I hope we have seen the end of the Eesh/Sierra one and the end of Eesh, hopefully.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling that dan2008 will have liked Sam the Icon waiter, from today's episode.;-)

(I certainly did!).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling Al and Niamh actually won't get back together and they will just become another Howard and Emma with viewers always being left wondering will they/won't they.
    Regarding the latter, it's been going on for almost 2.5 years now and I wish the powers that be would either get them back together or just stop with the jealousy/sexual tension nonsense as it's getting rather tiresome.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling that dan2008 will have liked Sam the Icon waiter, from today's episode.;-)

(I certainly did!).

:D:D HoL I think Dan is probably still recovering from EE Live week somewhere. :D
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,871
    Forum Member
    I don't think we've seen the end of the Niamh/Al storyline. I hope we have seen the end of the Eesh/Sierra one and the end of Eesh, hopefully.

I'll be glad to see the back of Sierra! She didn't get upset with her uber useless "mum" but gives Ayesha a repeated hard time?! She should be happy to be away from that useless cow Bren.

I also don't get the ending of yesterdays episode. How can it be Bren's decision if Sierra is looked after by the aunt? Social services/courts took Sierra off Bren against her will so why do they now need Bren's permission for Sierra toi be looked after by her aunt? :confused:
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    I also don't get the ending of yesterdays episode. How can it be Bren's decision if Sierra is looked after by the aunt? Social services/courts took Sierra off Bren against her will so why do they now need Bren's permission for Sierra toi be looked after by her aunt? :confused:

I found that bit confusing too. Bren lost custody of Sierra, so I don't know why they need to ask her permission about where she goes. They were going to put her into foster care until Ayesha said she'd look after her and in effect became her foster carer. Surely when that happens the parent has no say in what happens? :confused:

Mind you they don't always get the legalities right in Doctors. The other day when the girl was pregnant and didn't want anyone to know because she was 'under age', they wouldn't have prosecuted her anyway so I don't know what she was worried about. They also don't seem to understand the term 'statutory rape' which is sex with anyone under the age of 13, not under the age of 16.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    seejay63 wrote: »
    I found that bit confusing too. Bren lost custody of Sierra, so I don't know why they need to ask her permission about where she goes. They were going to put her into foster care until Ayesha said she'd look after her and in effect became her foster carer. Surely when that happens the parent has no say in what happens? :confused:

Mind you they don't always get the legalities right in Doctors. The other day when the girl was pregnant and didn't want anyone to know because she was 'under age', they wouldn't have prosecuted her anyway so I don't know what she was worried about. They also don't seem to understand the term 'statutory rape' which is sex with anyone under the age of 13, not under the age of 16.

Re bib, agreed.

On the underage girl, was she worried about being prosecuted? I thought she was more worried about her mum?
  • Options
    meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There were two stories thus week. One where an 18 year old girl got pregnant by a 15 year old boy. And the underage girl was worried about her mum who was a famous pro-lifer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On the underage girl, was she worried about being prosecuted? I thought she was more worried about her mum?

She wasn't thinking of an abortion though, so I don't know why she'd be worried about her mum - who would find out she was pregnant anyway. I assumed it was because she thought she might be in trouble legally. I don't think it was very clear. Maybe it's me who's confused.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'll be glad to see the back of Sierra! She didn't get upset with her uber useless "mum" but gives Ayesha a repeated hard time?! She should be happy to be away from that useless cow Bren.

I think you're being overly harsh. You seem to be looking at it from a purely adult perspective when Sierra is only meant to be 3 or 4 years old. She's clearly not going to have the same reasoning skills as an adult and probably won't realise that everything has been done with her best interests at heart. She's been taken away from her mum and although Bren was undoubtedly neglectful, no evidence of cruelty has been shown. She probably loves her Mummy very much and is struggling to understand why she had to be taken from her so it's no wonder that she sees Ayesha as 'the bad guy'.
    Having said that though all the so-called bad behaviour from Sierra doesn't really seem abnormal with regards to a child her age - no matter what their circumstances. There were certainly times when I refused to put my pyjamas on and the like when I was a child. That's just normal kid behaviour to do that sometimes.
    Even when the biting thing happened a couple of weeks ago I didn't consider it to be all that alarming. I used to work in a primary school for a couple of years with the Nursery & Reception classes and this sort of thing happened from time to time. Some kids are just biters.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still catching up - on last Thursday's episode. It's so good to see Chris Simmons (The Bill's Mickey Webb) on TV again :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She wasn't thinking of an abortion though, so I don't know why she'd be worried about her mum - who would find out she was pregnant anyway. I assumed it was because she thought she might be in trouble legally. I don't think it was very clear. Maybe it's me who's confused.

I got the impression the mum was religious and thats why the girl was worried as was the older one too
    indie.star wrote: »
    I think you're being overly harsh. You seem to be looking at it from a purely adult perspective when Sierra is only meant to be 3 or 4 years old. She's clearly not going to have the same reasoning skills as an adult and probably won't realise that everything has been done with her best interests at heart. She's been taken away from her mum and although Bren was undoubtedly neglectful, no evidence of cruelty has been shown. She probably loves her Mummy very much and is struggling to understand why she had to be taken from her so it's no wonder that she sees Ayesha as 'the bad guy'.
    Having said that though all the so-called bad behaviour from Sierra doesn't really seem abnormal with regards to a child her age - no matter what their circumstances. There were certainly times when I refused to put my pyjamas on and the like when I was a child. That's just normal kid behaviour to do that sometimes.
    Even when the biting thing happened a couple of weeks ago I didn't consider it to be all that alarming. I used to work in a primary school for a couple of years with the Nursery & Reception classes and this sort of thing happened from time to time. Some kids are just biters.

Sierra supposing to be so young is one of the reasons why her behaviour gets on my nerves. I think its a bit too soon for her to be as rebelious as she is but I still think any feelings of bitterness should be for the mum as she was always zonked out or on her stupid phone and hardly ever paid any attention to Sierra. I have found the story tedious in general though. Its a story, one that they can and have dragged out but far too tedious and irritiating for my liking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought Friday's story of the day was a bit all over the place and trying to be either too clever by half or was very confusing to follow. At first they make it look like the skateboarding kid might have been bullied by his mates, then his goody two shoes brother might have a secret bullying side to him and then it was the mother bullying them?! :confused:

Anyone else hear/catch the sexual swear word the skateboarding kid used as well?
    I got the impression it was a slip of the tongue as he seemed to try and stop saying it but it came out and if it was a slip of the tongue, then how come it wasn't cut/editied out? The word I'm referring to is another way of referring to a "cat", or the p word the preceds the word cat!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If Zaniel are leaving, then what if anything has the programme got lined up to replace them and other characters that have left and not been replaced?

I actually think cheating/selfish acts aside, that Daniel still has a lot of mileage left as a character, not so sure on Zara though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If Zaniel are leaving, then what if anything has the programme got lined up to replace them and other characters that have left and not been replaced?

I actually think cheating/selfish acts aside, that Daniel still has a lot of mileage left as a character, not so sure on Zara though.

Daniel is going on his own for two months. I assume that Matthew Chambers has something else lined up while he's away.
  • Options
    mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must say..... ' I think the storylines have really picked up lately'.... I have gone from being really bored with the programme and not always bothering to watch it on download when I get to bed at night, to being eager to see it and putting the recording I have done of it on the tv during the evening!........:o
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Friday's story of the day was a bit all over the place and trying to be either too clever by half or was very confusing to follow. At first they make it look like the skateboarding kid might have been bullied by his mates, then his goody two shoes brother might have a secret bullying side to him and then it was the mother bullying them?! :confused:

Anyone else hear/catch the sexual swear word the skateboarding kid used as well?
    I got the impression it was a slip of the tongue as he seemed to try and stop saying it but it came out and if it was a slip of the tongue, then how come it wasn't cut/editied out? The word I'm referring to is another way of referring to a "cat", or the p word the preceds the word cat!

I did. I was a bit shocked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The word I'm referring to is another way of referring to a "cat", or the p word the preceds the word cat!

The word Mrs Slocombe used to use all the time on Are You Being Served? :D So much innuendo on that programme. I wonder if they'd get away with it these days?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Daniel is going on his own for two months. I assume that Matthew Chambers has something else lined up while he's away.

But it sounds like Zara wants to go with him so maybe its an exit for both of them?
    The word Mrs Slocombe used to use all the time on Are You Being Served? :D So much innuendo on that programme. I wonder if they'd get away with it these days?

I was going to mention that character from Are You Being Served but I couldn't quite remember her name as I never have really watched that programme but I've seen plenty of clips of Mrs Slocombe referring to her cat in that way. I think it was much more risque for them to have used that word back in the 1970's and you could almost tell, going by the audiences laughter and reaction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't notice it but I didn't realise that pussy (even in that context) was classed as a swear word. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    indie.star wrote: »
    I didn't notice it but I didn't realise that pussy (even in that context) was classed as a swear word. :confused:

Would you describe it as a normal acceptable term? If it is how comes its never been used before in soaps? I can't ever recall hearing the word, being used in any soap or most TV programmes in fact (Are You Being Served aside that is), only films.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its occured to me that maybe Mathew Chambers is taking a sabatical to do more directing as well could EDW? Though they might be leaving still and switch to directing some of the episodes.
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Al and Niamh never get back together again. Niamh has treated Al so shabbily and she doesn`t deserve him. Poor Al :(
    I liked them both as a couple, but to see her treat Al like dirt made me dislike her, I hope Al meets someone else, and makes Niamh jealous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wavlovr wrote: »
    I hope Al and Niamh never get back together again. Niamh has treated Al so shabbily and she doesn`t deserve him. Poor Al :(
    I liked them both as a couple, but to see her treat Al like dirt made me dislike her, I hope Al meets someone else, and makes Niamh jealous.

Al had a number of women interested in him before he got with Niamh but he didn't realise so shot his confidence was after the Jas situation. I hope he doesn't go back into that mode again. I don't want him paired up again with Niamh either, she's far too wrapped up in herself and is far too high maitenance in general.
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,389
    Forum Member
    I really hope MC and Elizabeth aren't thinking of leaving as their characters have really grown into great people just recently. They appear to be the most sensible partners at times and are very professional, something that they both struggled with when they first joined the cast. Just goes to show how the writers are good at developing the characters over a period of time just like real life people need to grow.
This discussion has been closed.