Options

DS LGBT members thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it can be treatable, I just worry. Thanks though :)
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bethaneeny wrote: »
    I know it can be treatable, I just worry. Thanks though :)

Yeah you always were a worrier, from as long as I've been on DS. Hopefully, she'll be clear. Fingers crossed anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haha, what do you mean by that? I didnt know you'd read many of my threads?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha, what do you mean by that? I didnt know you'd read many of my threads?

Don't forget I've been around for DS for a while, I de-registered for a bit when you still could too. I don't mean it in a bad way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah, I guess.

how is everyone? I'm in bed, I'm shattered and don't feel 100% :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, I guess.

I'm watching BB while doing some arse exercise, it's starting to get saggy :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, I guess.

I'm earning some man points and watching the world cup. I'm in bed too, and rather knackered myself!
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also knackered and unwell with a cold and a cough, it's knocked me sideways. Glad I don't have to be anywhere til Thursday!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm due in at 6 am but I'll still watch the Argentina game, then go to bed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could be working tomorrow, I'm waiting for a phone call - otherwise I'd be asleep!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm due in at 6 am but I'll still watch the Argentina game, then go to bed.
    Eeek good luck with getting up :D
    I could be working tomorrow, I'm waiting for a phone call - otherwise I'd be asleep!
    Fingers crossed you don't have to. Unless you want to be at work? :p
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see there's some rumours of a third Father of the Bride film... this time with the son getting married to his bf. Providing its done well (and the same as the first two) it should be good. :)

But what should it be called? No doubt some would be uneasy with them using the feminine title, if its not about his daughter. The second one wasn't about a wedding, yet it was called Bride 2, just because it was a sequel.

Should this one be 'Father of the Groom'? Or is that just being overly defensive - does it matter?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see there's some rumours of a third Father of the Bride film... this time with the son getting married to his bf. Providing its done well (and the same as the first two) it should be good. :)

But what should it be called? No doubt some would be uneasy with them using the feminine title, if its not about his daughter. The second one wasn't about a wedding, yet it was called Bride 2, just because it was a sequel.

Should this one be 'Father of the Groom'? Or is that just being overly defensive - does it matter?

What were the first two about?

I remember I told my dad I was marrying my bf for a joke and he nearly dropped there and then, my mum was in on it and we were literally struggling to breath laughing afterwards :D:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What were the first two about?
    You've not seen them?! Classics!!

Steve Martin and Diane Keaton are the parents, and Martin Short plays Franck the Wedding planner.

First one is the planning of the daughter's wedding and the second is to do with her pregnancy.

Trailer
    http://youtu.be/bKSmMr0uOHk

Sequel trailer
    http://youtu.be/BbvnDlu_Zjc

I remember I told my dad I was marrying my bf for a joke and he nearly dropped there and then, my mum was in on it and we were literally struggling to breath laughing afterwards :D:cool:
    Oh eck has he got over it yet? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh eck has he got over it yet? :D

Well he lived.

Me and le mother are always pranking him, he's used to it now :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm no good at pranks. I either laugh and give it away or have a guilt trip before going through with the joke.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harumph!! Just read that Artem is not returning for SCD this year, he's staying wit DWTS instead.

Oh well, at least we've still got Alijaž, Pasha, Kevin and Robin. Newibe Tristan MacManus looks like a good addition..:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harumph!! Just read that Artem is not returning for SCD this year, he's staying wit DWTS instead.

Oh well, at least we've still got Alijaž, Pasha, Kevin and Robin. Newibe Tristan MacManus looks like a good addition..:blush:

You just read it? That was revealed weeks ago :p

James isn't coming back either, and everyone seems to hate him, do you know why? I liked him :blush:

I nearly fell out the tree when I first read because I thought you meant Aljaz!

If Pasha and Aljaz both left I'd question my motivation to keep on watching.

Have you heard that Kevin's sister is joining as a dancer too?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening peeps x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You just read it? That was revealed weeks ago :p

James isn't coming back either, and everyone seems to hate him, do you know why? I liked him :blush:
    I think it was due to him being opinionated and probably clashing with the judges (at least the on air persona).
    I nearly fell out the tree when I first read because I thought you meant Aljaz!

If Pasha and Aljaz both left I'd question my motivation to keep on watching.
    Same here! lol
    Have you heard that Kevin's sister is joining as a dancer too?
    No, missed that bit. Good I supposed, DWTS didn't do too bad with the Hough siblings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was due to him being opinionated and probably clashing with the judges (at least the on air persona).

Yeah I suppose. He could be quite rude especially with Craig but then that's been encouraged for years!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I wasn't a fan, so I'm not fussed! ;)

I see in the SCD subforum there's a rumour of a same-sex couple on the show. Speculation already has suggested Robin and Marcus Collins. Not sure what I make of that. It would still seem a bit of a ratings grab, even if they are a couple in real life.

Outside the show, I do find it odd that traditionally two old ladies can dance together but men would not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I wasn't a fan, so I'm not fussed! ;)

I see in the SCD subforum there's a rumour of a same-sex couple on the show. Speculation already has suggested Robin and Marcus Collins. Not sure what I make of that. It would still seem a bit of a ratings grab, even if they are a couple in real life.

Outside the show, I do find it odd that traditionally two old ladies can dance together but men would not.

That seems a bit pointless to me, I'd rather they didn't do that. Just keep Strictly traditional.

They had a female same sex partnership on a dance show in Israel I heard. Which was rather surprising to me because I thought they'd be a rather homophobic country.

EDIT - Apparently not. They recognize gay marriage (but only if you're from another country)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they're more liberal than you'd imagine. After all they had Dana International represent them at the '97 ESC. ;)

EDIT: I was just looking up the status on marriage as well. lol Great minds think alike.

Seems like there is a proposition by their ruling coalition to pass an civil partnership law.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some bitch reversed into my car today. I asked for her insurance details and she refused. Then some other **** got involved and threatened me. Also called me a **** so I called the police, but they let him get away.

Not impressed with the police at all. Advised me not to persue it because 'you don't look gay anyway.'

What the actual ****? Fuming right now.