Options

The Walking Dead - Season 3 - 5* pace

Comments

• Options
    EmmaGxEmmaGx Posts: 31,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vintage06 wrote: »
    Considering he was shot straight through the head kind of stops the threat of him becoming a zombie ;)
    Aaah ... see, I'd be rubbish in battle ... that hadn't occurred to me at all! x
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So that's all the convicts dead now.
    Which is a bit of a shame because I think Axel had a lot of potential as a main character.

I think at the moment, in Rick's group, we only have Rick and Glenn left from the first group.
    Darryl, Carl and Carol from the camp. (Andrea sort of)
    Hershel, Maggie and Beth from the farm.

Am I correct?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Darryl and Merle faced each other in the Governor's gladiatorial ring to fight to the death, that was the first time in the entire three series where both characters were on screen together, which surprised me when I thought about it.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    When Darryl and Merle faced each other in the Governor's gladiatorial ring to fight to the death, that was the first time in the entire three series where both characters were on screen together, which surprised me when I thought about it.

Not sure if it counts but I think there were some scenes in series 2 where Daryl was away from the group and he was hallucinating that Merle was with him egging him on to leave the group............
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Not sure if it counts but I think there were some scenes in series 2 where Daryl was away from the group and he was hallucinating that Merle was with him egging him on to leave the group............

Was there? I can't remember. If that's the case then the actors would have performed together before. Are you sure?

I was thinking it would probably be possible for the actors to have never met up until the gladiator scene.
    Possible, but realistically they would have met behind the scenes.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So that's all the convicts dead now.
    Which is a bit of a shame because I think Axel had a lot of potential as a main character.

I think at the moment, in Rick's group, we only have Rick and Glenn left from the first group.
    Darryl, Carl and Carol from the camp. (Andrea sort of)
    Hershel, Maggie and Beth from the farm.

Am I correct?

Glenn and Andrea were both part of the original group at the camp. Rick was a lone outsider at first.
    swingaleg wrote: »

When he was looking for the little girl. Took a whack on the noggin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn and Andrea were both part of the original group at the camp. Rick was a lone outsider at first.

When he was looking for the little girl. Took a whack on the noggin.

I tend to think of them as groups when we first met them.
    So I class Rick, Glenn and T Dog as the first group as they were the first people Rick struck up a relationship with, the people at the camp the second group that we met. I don't think that Rick, Glenn and T Dog joined together with the group at the camp for the first 3 or so episodes did they?

I put Andrea in brackets because she's not quite part of Rick's group anymore at the moment.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was there? I can't remember. If that's the case then the actors would have performed together before. Are you sure?

Yes there was.

Since you did not mention it I presumed you did not count it as the two characters being together on screen as Merle wasn't actually real.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to think of them as groups when we first met them.
    So I class Rick, Glenn and T Dog as the first group as they were the first people Rick struck up a relationship with, the people at the camp the second group that we met. I don't think that Rick, Glenn and T Dog joined together with the group at the camp for the first 3 or so episodes did they?

I put Andrea in brackets because she's not quite part of Rick's group anymore at the moment.

In that case, the first group would be Rick, Glenn, T-Dog, Andrea, Merle and Morales. I remember Andrea was there because she shoved a gun in Rick's face when they first met. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In that case, the first group would be Rick, Glenn, T-Dog, Andrea, Merle and Morales. I remember Andrea was there because she shoved a gun in Rick's face when they first met. :)

Really, Andrea was there as well?
    I'll have to watch series one again as it sounds like it's long ago enough for it to feel fresh again.
    Morales? See, I've forgotten already.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Yes there was.

Since you did not mention it I presumed you did not count it as the two characters being together on screen as Merle wasn't actually real.

If I remembered it I would have counted it. As I was wondering if the actual actors themselves had performed on screen with each other before.
  • Options
    LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I remembered it I would have counted it. As I was wondering if the actual actors themselves had performed on screen with each other before.

Did you know that William Shatner and Ricardo Montalban never shared any on screen time together in Wrath of Khan? The only interaction between the characters was over the communicators and viewing screen.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EmmaGx wrote: »
    ... I think they killed off too many of the core group too early this year ... the prison blokie was turning into a good character ... I'd have really liked to see him integrate properly in the group ... maybe with Daryl back there's no need for Carol to have anyone else to talk to though!
    peach45 wrote: »
    So upset about Axel, I really liked those convicts :( Other than that, another great episode.

Can't believe it myself but that's all the convicts that were discovered in jail at the start of the season all dead now.

I saw loads of potential in Oscar and especially Axel with his blossoming friendship with Carol but nope they had to die. Very annoying! The scene of Carol having a nice chat with Axel and then suddenly having to use his dead body for cover from all the gunfire was awful. Such a shame for the character.

Tonight's ep should be good i hope. I so want The Governor to get what's coming to him!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Has anyone else noticed the irony of the name of the programme following 'The Walking Dead' on 5* tonight: it's one of those freak-show documentaries that channel 5 love 'Extraordinary People: My Face is Eating Me Alive'.

I suppose that is preferable to someone else's face eating you alive. Possibly :p
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably the worst episode out the season so far. Not that it was bad by any means, just terribly dull and not much happened. A lot of talking and more talking and then that cheesy song at the end! I can do without that thank you very much! Should have known Andrea would bottle it, perfect chance ruined.

If Rick and the Governor are going to war then why have i got a feeling more people are going to die because that's the way things are looking.

Best scene for me happened right at the very start before the credits even rolled. I can't believe i'm about to say this but Carl has been great this season and what he said to Rick was spot on and well said. Great scene.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liparus wrote: »
    Did you know that William Shatner and Ricardo Montalban never shared any on screen time together in Wrath of Khan? The only interaction between the characters was over the communicators and viewing screen.

No I didn't.

I thought tonight's episode was a bit 'filler'. But even when this show is pretty quiet it's still good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last nights episode was a bit on the filler side.

It seems that Rick is getting himself together and despite what Carl said he still seemed to be in command at the end but is perhaps leaning towards delegating more responsibility to the others especially Daryl. I'm glad that he's let Michonne stay.

The other group ending up in Woodbury is what I thought might happen. They last saw Rick when he was at his lowest and don't know the real him or the real governor.

I thought it might have been the case that they could've gone to live in another wing of the prison, like Oscar and Axel earlier on.

It'll be good to watch this pan out.
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liparus wrote: »
    Last nights episode was a bit on the filler side.

It seems that Rick is getting himself together and despite what Carl said he still seemed to be in command at the end but is perhaps leaning towards delegating more responsibility to the others especially Daryl. I'm glad that he's let Michonne stay.

The other group ending up in Woodbury is what I thought might happen. They last saw Rick when he was at his lowest and don't know the real him or the real governor.

I thought it might have been the case that they could've gone to live in another wing of the prison, like Oscar and Axel earlier on.

It'll be good to watch this pan out.

I obviously don't concentrate as well as I should. I wondered last week what had happened to that small group, as I thought they were still in the prison.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJW13 wrote: »
    I obviously don't concentrate as well as I should. I wondered last week what had happened to that small group, as I thought they were still in the prison.

They did not show or mention the other group last week - they must've thought the audience could fill in the gaps but it is sometimes better to give a hint as to what was going on.
  • Options
    mizfiestamizfiesta Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Why does Beth keeping bursting into song? :confused: Wouldn't it be great if someone were to say "aw Beth give it a rest" (or words to that effect) :)
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mizfiesta wrote: »
    Why does Beth keeping bursting into song? :confused: Wouldn't it be great if someone were to say "aw Beth give it a rest" (or words to that effect) :)

She's a singer (Country I think). I think it's in her contract that she gets to sing every so often.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a singer (Country I think). I think it's in her contract that she gets to sing every so often.

I think that she is more of an actress who has decided to write and perform a few songs.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mizfiesta wrote: »

Because all the Characters miss watching American Idol and The X Factor so have to settle for The Beth Factor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Because all the Characters miss watching American Idol and The X Factor so have to settle for The Beth Factor.

:):):)
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    I wish she'd quit doing it, I know it gives her something to do, but it's a bit cringy now.