The BBC WM 95.6 Thread

Comments

• Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any chance of the Doolan show actually getting a full hour or so for its phone in, not 35/40 minutes as currently?

Seconded for Wm station phone in, plus one for the buses too, as they aint been on for ages!
  • MSBMSB Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tom_h wrote: »

One thing, why does everybody refer it to as Radio WM? It hasn't been that for some time!

Same reason while visiting looking for BBC Coventry and Warwickshire, the local esate agent referred to it as 'CWR'.

Habits die hard...
  • tom_htom_h Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Any chance of the Doolan show actually getting a full hour or so for its phone in, not 35/40 minutes as currently?

Seconded for Wm station phone in, plus one for the buses too, as they aint been on for ages!

Good luck with one on the buses. All the recent changes have annoyed a lot of people. It'll just turn into another slagging match.

Certainly more interesting than a phone in on bins though.
  • magnus earsmagnus ears Posts: 25
    Forum Member

Westy you must rember a phone in requires a modicum of input from the presenter . Far easier to play a few corny records or old tapes .
  • connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    BBC WM's mayday line up
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/wm/programmes/schedules/2013/05/06
    is this right???
    Forum Member
    I hope so it looks good.

Will be interesting to see presenters change formats. Caroline is no stranger to breakfast after several years at brmb (although, yes.. she wasn't on her own). Will be interesting to hear Adrian in drivetime too. Also, combining the two weekend breakfast hosts (Richard/Mollie) is a good way to promote weekends on the station.

I've not listened to WM for a few weeks after getting bored. Don't get me wrong it's much better than it was but some of the topics are dire. I'll certainly listen to this though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mayday Mayhem, according to that webpage linked to above. :0

Dicky Wilford & Mollie together.

As long as he doesn't do a Boyden impression!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm Doolan did a 'roll call' of his helpers etc earlier.

He listed Cayte Walker!

I was under the impression, from asking on Facebook, that she left the station ages ago!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm Doolan did a 'roll call' of his helpers etc earlier.

He listed Cayte Walker!

I was under the impression, from asking on Facebook, that she left the station ages ago!

Asked on Facebook, & shes back for a few weeks apparantly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doolan off today.

Jimmy Franks standing in.

And Les Ross doing the paper review again.

(Seems to be a rotation of Les, Don McClean & Malcolm Stent, unless Im mistaken!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone's nicked Mollie's hens & chickens apparantly, according to Facebook.

I know I take the mick out of Mollie & her obsessions, but that aint on though!

:(
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member

You should have listened yesterday morning, she was trying to do appeals to catch the criminals who did this to her but she couldn't get through any of the appeals because she broke down in tears, me with her.

She loved those chickens, turkeys and other birds that she so loved and had nurtured back to health. She had names for all of them, many who had been in her care for years.

May the thieves be found and suitably punished. To hear Molly yesterday morning would have torn at anyone's heart strings. :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    You should have listened yesterday morning, she was trying to do appeals to catch the criminals who did this to her but she couldn't get through any of the appeals because she broke down in tears, me with her.

She loved those chickens, turkeys and other birds that she so loved and had nurtured back to health. She had names for all of them, many who had been in her care for years.

May the thieves be found and suitably punished. To hear Molly yesterday morning would have torn at anyone's heart strings. :cry:

I'll Radio Downloader both WM & Coventry shows to listen later, as I'm off out soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had a look at both CWR & Vic Minett's FB pages.

Someone's flagged up turkeys on the loose in Coventry the other day.

Wonder if there's a connection?
    Forum Member

Mollie said she couldn't post it on Facebook or she could get the sack. hope they find who did it and the animals are ok
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mollie said she couldn't post it on Facebook or she could get the sack. hope they find who did it and the animals are ok

Thats a bit much BBC management.

We're not talking Ashley Blake & him promoting his restaurant on the BBC internal system, as what happened a few years back, according to the Sunday Mercury!

A nice person has done so on her behalf, it appears!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Couple of 'known' names in the comments, O'Connor & Sian Unspellable Polish Surname from Midlands Today!
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member

She actually said that she'd been advised not email the details to those who'd requested it until the police had confirmed that it was okay to do so. A wise decision.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone listening to them today.

It makes a change.

Our Mol putting on a brave face, considering recent events!
    Forum Member
    I'm listening, Danny wasn't that different at lunch. I enjoyed listening to Pete, playing music and interacting with more callers. He's very good at what he does. I missed Caroline @ Breakfast but I'm sure she was good at it, considering her past jobs.

Listening right now to Mol and Richard and they make a very good pair. Would love to listen to these two together more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shes put up a reward I believe.
    Forum Member
    I have to say that listening to Mollie and Richard on Monday was great hope they are on again some time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mollie's story now in the local rag.
    Forum Member
    Ed Doolan just said that from July he will be presenting a new show on a Sunday 12:00 - 13:00 and from next week Richard's Wilford show will have 1 more hour 07:00 - 10:00