Nashville Season 2 - More4 - UK PACE [No Spoilers]

Comments

• loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    phil solo wrote: »
    All of that anger and resentment at her mother that Scarlett has never been able to deal with came pouring out in that magnificent emotional scene at the sound check where she literally vocalized all of that pain by singing Black Roses (which lyrically is a very bitter and angry song) at her mother.

"This one's for you Mom" :eek:

That was a great scene, really powerful.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Juliette in full strop mood is just brilliant and is Avery mad turning her down when she revealed her sexy bra?

Also agree with Stansfield it would have been good to see Scarlett in a strait-jacket and the thought of Jeff with Juliette makes me sick :o

A full episode without Teddy and Rayna's 2 girls made it all the better too.
    On a plate - he's barking mad.:o
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Juliette in full strop mood is just brilliant and is Avery mad turning her down when she revealed her sexy bra?

Also agree with Stansfield it would have been good to see Scarlett in a strait-jacket and the thought of Jeff with Juliette makes me sick :o

A full episode without Teddy and Rayna's 2 girls made it all the better too.

I have to agree with you. I think Avery is still partly in love with Scarlett.

I really wonder what is going to happen next season - no major storyline for Teddy and the only thing I think progressing with Rayna's girls is that they start their singing career on Rayna's label. I really hope though that next season Rayna and Deacon get together - permanently.
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    On a plate - he's barking mad.:o

Yes, but......

Scarlett and Avery were each others "first love" and have obviously been together quite some time when we first meet them in Season 1. You don't always simply cease to care about a long-term ex-, especially not when they are in emotional turmoil like Scarlett.

So whilst Avery might seem like a crazy person for turning down the considerable sexual charms of Juliette, her timing wasn't ideal and speaks to her own insecurities, what with him being distracted by concern for the wellbeing of someone for whom he still has fomd feelings.

Avery not enunciating this clearly to Juliette leads directly to her frustratedly getting drunk and banging Jeff at the party but there is no point in us complaining about characters not understanding each other and not saying how they really feel because that is the basis for all such soapy dramas!
  • Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJW13 wrote: »
    Scarlett may not want to perform in front of crowds, but surely she can just write songs (preferably with Gunnar)?

Yes, that was my thought too. And eventually maybe perform at small venues, like The Bluebird? She has the best voice of all them, so it would be a shame for the plot to switch it off.

As there is to be a series 3, I'm guessing Deacon and Rayna will not get back together any time soon - that will be left to the final finale!
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJW13 wrote: »
    Scarlett may not want to perform in front of crowds, but surely she can just write songs (preferably with Gunnar)?

or she could just perform at the Blue Bird or smaller festivals - she seemed really uncomfortable being in arenas but, to me, she seemed able to cope with smaller, intimate settings

EDIT: more reports in the DM today that Hayden is pregnant........
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    or she could just perform at the Blue Bird or smaller festivals - she seemed really uncomfortable being in arenas but, to me, she seemed able to cope with smaller, intimate settings

EDIT: more reports in the DM today that Hayden is pregnant........

Agree - and also agree that she and Gunnar may go back to writing songs together

Well, it looks like the 'who's the daddy' IS the next big storyline for Juliette - wonder if this will destroy Scarlett as Avery will probably do the decent thing and stand by Juliette - although I bet that the baby is slimy Jeff's.

I also wonder what will become of Will and Layla - neither of whom are sympathetic characters - at least to me. Personally I think they should stay in the background . Just had a thought - what if Jeff and Will get together, that would be something!!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I keep thinking that Will inviting cameras into his home will turn out to be a bad idea...
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I keep thinking that Will inviting cameras into his home will turn out to be a bad idea...

I do too. I think someone is going to find out he isn't straight before too long - guess that will make another very good storyline, although as I have said before, I have absolutely no empathy with Will or Layla.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    i liked Will when he was first introduced, but i went off him when after the train incident. I dont like Scarletss story arc atm, atill loving rayna, juliette and deacon. Teddy needs to disappear as does Luke.
    Forum Member
    NPW wrote: »
    i liked Will when he was first introduced, but i went off him when after the train incident. I dont like Scarletss story arc atm, atill loving rayna, juliette and deacon. Teddy needs to disappear as does Luke.

I think I feel about Will the way you do. Don't think Teddy will disappear as he is the girls' father. I keep wondering if he and Rayna might get back together - that really would be a twist to the storyline. Really wonder how everything is going to pan out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    if rayna is going to get back together with anyone it should be deacon!
  • Katiekat1Katiekat1 Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    But what about Luke? Why was he so mad in the car? I think he was the one who leaked the Maddie video but I cant decide if he is trying to get revenge for something on Deacon or Rayna...

Also, I never really rated Oliver Hudson but he is really playing against type here and is believably horrible although he has tended to be right about a lot of things (Rayna's best of album; her new album not having a hit to launch it from; Will being gay and not going on the reality show; Gunnar signing with them to be a full time songwriter etc) and the desperation is clear that he knows he is about to lose his job.

Also, Teddy's a saint for putting up with all the BS from Rayne & Co. Poor bloke.

As for Juliette, well, im sure she'll find a way to land on her (pregnant) feet.... if I heard my boyfriend blarting on like that to his ex id probably go revenge bang someone too. you could tell she was angry while they were "doing it". plus, in real life you would have sorted your clothes out before coming out of the room surely lol.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nyannie wrote: »
    Agree - and also agree that she and Gunnar may go back to writing songs together

Well, it looks like the 'who's the daddy' IS the next big storyline for Juliette - wonder if this will destroy Scarlett as Avery will probably do the decent thing and stand by Juliette - although I bet that the baby is slimy Jeff's.

I also wonder what will become of Will and Layla - neither of whom are sympathetic characters - at least to me. Personally I think they should stay in the background . Just had a thought - what if Jeff and Will get together, that would be something!!

Jeff seems to know that Will is gay, that to me suggests that Jeff might also be gay (gay men tend to recognise gay men easier than straight men tend to) or more probably bi-sexual seeing as he just had sex with Juliette - putting Will and Jeff together would be interesting
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that Jeff was initially brought in as a love interest for Rayna but they went with them being arch enemies instead.

Will has been dragged down by Layla this year. They need to rid of her asap. Dull character and mediocre voice. I wish Teddy would go, too but they will probably keep him because of the tension between him and Deacon but how many more ways are there for them to butt heads anymore??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fab episode tonight - Deacon kills me, he really does.

The ending had me welling up - the four of them looked so good (and so happy) together on the stage. I felt like I was watching the Von Trapps about to break into "The Sound of Music" - I love that film!!

Juliette was fab too - I can't believe I hated her last year because next to Deacon she is my favourite now!!

The finale looks terrific for next week. Can't wait but will hate when it's over!!
    Forum Member
    Fab episode tonight - Deacon kills me, he really does.

The ending had me welling up - the four of them looked so good (and so happy) together on the stage. I felt like I was watching the Von Trapps about to break into "The Sound of Music" - I love that film!!

Juliette was fab too - I can't believe I hated her last year because next to Deacon she is my favourite now!!

The finale looks terrific for next week. Can't wait but will hate when it's over!!

I too thought they looked like the Von Trapps - very natural.

I really hope some loose ends are tied up. I also hope Will and Layla disappear but think Will at least will feature with a major gay storyline. He didn't get rid of all the cameras. He will self-destruct.

I still think there is something fishy about Luke. Hopefully this will come out next year.

Out on Thursday so will have to record the season finale. Don't know what I will do with my Thursday nights now!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do not like Luke! Rayna needs to get as far away from his as she can and quickly!

I think Juliette should tell Avery what happened, explain, she was drunk, he took advantage......... its not going to end well and I really like them together

Deacon <3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About Luke. I believe his feelings for Rayna are genuine, I do. But I think he is Jeff's spy and has been all along.

He was told to get close to Rayna first to keep her at Edgehill. Then he was told to stay close to her to get info on Highway 65. Everything Rayna tells him in confidence goes back to Jeff. He walked away from her a couple of times but was back the next week - because Jeff told him to.

He also disliked Juliette because she was causing Jeff so much trouble but he had a change of heart last night when he got a glimpse of the "real" Juliette and liked her.

I think he is in a hard place now (no sympathy for him, mind!) because he has done all this spying for Jeff but he genuinely loves Rayna. It could all backfire spectacularly on him.

That's my take on it, anyway (not that I've thought too much about it or anything!!)
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder who will feature in the finale? They will have to go some to top Michelle Obama!

I almost felt sorry for Teddy last night, he opened up to Deacon then must have felt as though he had been kicked in the teeth seeing the four singers on stage.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought when Maddie wanted Deacon to join them on stage, it would set the younger daughter off, given the chat she'd had with Teddy about how confusing she was finding the situation, but she seemed pleased as punch.

I hope Scarlett doean't leave, she's pure soap opera and an asset to the show.

And Hayden is getting more beautiful.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't resist a peek at, or rather a long read of, the synopsis for the finale. It sounds like a good one!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quick question - have anyone purchased any of the Nashville cd's?

just wondering if the Zoey/Gunnar/Avery song was on there because I cant remember what its called :blush::blush::blush:
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    quick question - have anyone purchased any of the Nashville cd's?

just wondering if the Zoey/Gunnar/Avery song was on there because I cant remember what its called :blush::blush::blush:

Do you mean 'Hennessee'? It's on the Season 2 Volume 2 soundtrack
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blossom85 wrote: »
    Do you mean 'Hennessee'? It's on the Season 2 Volume 2 soundtrack

Im not sure but I will have a listen - thanks - if thats the one they sang at the gig then yes :)