Platinum Certification (Album) 16 December 2011
SONY MUSIC (RCA)
Released 05 December 2011

:D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure about this? Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think she could of possibly sold 300k already. It's was 128k week1 and then this week she has dropped to #8 so It doesn't add up.
  • manderleymanderley Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope this is true but it seems a bit high for her second week.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Hermanazo wrote: »
    REBECCA FERGUSON - HEAVEN
    Platinum Certification (Album) 16 December 2011
    SONY MUSIC (RCA)
    Released 05 December 2011

:D

This is a great achievement :D

Edit: I wasn't aware Rebecca was with RCA...thought she was with Epic. :confused:
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Gosh so her, JLS and Olly have all reached platinum :D
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    True artist and true talent :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    The certifications are based on shipped items, meaning copies sold to relailers, not to the public, so it is possible.
    She'll have sold over 200k by the end of today, and we can assume that relailers will have stocked up for next week, at the end of which she'll be close to 300k.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a source for this? Don't get me wrong, I think Rebecca will go platinum but just not in her 2nd week. 160k sales at 8 in the charts sounds wrong to me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chi wrote: »
    The certifications are based on shipped items, meaning copies sold to relailers, not to the public, so it is possible.

Cheers for the info, yeah that would make sense
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    donbon wrote: »
    Is there a source for this? Don't get me wrong, I think Rebecca will go platinum but just not in her 2nd week. 160k sales at 8 in the charts sounds wrong to me

Yes, there is

http://www.bpi.co.uk/certifiedawards/search.aspx

Search for Rebecca Ferguson and you get it.
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'll have sold over 200k by the end of today, and we can assume that relailers will have stocked up for next week, at the end of which she'll be close to 300k.

This. Shipment to retailers only, at the moment anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think her appearance on the Graham Norton show gave sales a bit of a boost. :)
  • HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She may sell close to 90-95K this week. Wouldn't be surprised if it reaches 2 x Platinum next year!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She really has done incredibly well for herself. I was doubtful after her single, but she is looking like the big success story of 2010 at the moment
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Good for her. Can't wait till she releases her album in the states!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As other people have pointed out, certifications are based on shipments not sales. Still a very impressive achievement to go Platinum a few weeks though. A very good album and well deserved. I have to say I didn't think it would sell anywhere near as well but I'm very happy that I've been proven wrong.
  • marinamaumarinamau Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Always the voice of reason! Still, it is a good achievement in just two weeks.
  • marinamaumarinamau Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lumiere wrote: »
    As other people have pointed out, certifications are based on shipments not sales. Still a very impressive achievement to go Platinum a few weeks though. A very good album and well deserved. I have to say I didn't think it would sell anywhere near as well but I'm very happy that I've been proven wrong.

Completely agree. After the not so great reception of the single, I became worried for her. Yes, I knew that she was going to be more of an album seller, but still the single didn't do that great. So I am extra pleased that she is doing well with the album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she will be move of an album seller than a singles seller in the end. But I expect her to reach the 300k mark by the end of next week. x

Does anybody have a list of albums sale of x factor releases this year?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marinamau wrote: »
    Completely agree. After the not so great reception of the single, I became worried for her. Yes, I knew that she was going to be more of an album seller, but still the single didn't do that great. So I am extra pleased that she is doing well with the album.

The single is still doing reasonably well. It has risen to number 23 on I Tunes today after dropping to as low as 38. :)
  • HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Album down 3 -7. Should know sales soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cosidering her single didnt do that great and didnt have that much radio airplay shes done amazingly well!
    IF she releases a second single shes bound to go double platinum.
    It shows that you dont need no. 1 singles to sell an album and the fact shes co-written her album means she'll be getting a bit of money back as opposed to cher and one direction.
  • River ManRiver Man Posts: 2,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hermanazo wrote: »
    Album down 3 -7. Should know sales soon.

Sales were just over 95K, so she should break 300K by Christmas.
  • River ManRiver Man Posts: 2,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    95902 to be exact.
  • Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    Oh i'm so happy for her!