CS: Steph and Andy

Comments

• alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    What I want to know is why they haven't been given storylines? Have they been forgotten about? Are they not trusted to act well enough? Do TPTB earmark certain characters as being peripheral and mean to keep them there? Are there just too many characters to be given adequate screen time?. I would say that Steph is better than Andy, but surely given a storyline they could do a good job? If not, why are they there?

It can't be a trust issue when they have the likes of Kirk, Fizz, Faye, and even Hope all handed big emotional storylines
  • Cool_mateCool_mate Posts: 1,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like both Steph and Andy

Is steph actually gonna have an affair with Robert or is it just a rumour?

Cos if she does have an affair with him it's just a rehash of Kylie/David/Nick. She wants to better herself and thinks Andy is being unsupportive while growing closer to Robert at the same time then when she thinks it's all over with Andy, she shags the boss. That's what happened with Nick and Kylie and David

What's the betting there's gonna be a baby and "who's the daddy?" again

So ****ing predictable
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Isn't Andy mainly retained as reserve male totty. Maybe if Shayne Ward left he might get more story lines.

They are becoming like Emily Bishop was for years - a few lines but no storyline.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both actors really wasted. No wonder they appear lack luster. The story lines given to them are so boring. Both are very capable of meaty story lines.
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oliver Farnworth was fantastic in Hollyoaks and is a very capable actor, yet he's absolutely wasted on Corrie.
  • James_LanganJames_Langan Posts: 2,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd think they'd be a steamier couple, eh? ;-)

I find them really boring, the last time there was any interest for me was when Steph's ex leaked those pics of her. They need more SL's outside of work.

I would like to see some action and I don't care if it's inside or outside of work. I want steamy bedroom scenes, full contact sport style. All we're being treated to is furtive behavior giving the image of an illicit affair. Not good enough for their Legions of loyal fans. Until this happens it's just the bland leading the bland.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to see some action and I don't care if it's inside or outside of work. I want steamy bedroom scenes, full contact sport style. All we're being treated to is furtive behavior giving the image of an illicit affair. Not good enough for their Legions of loyal fans. Until this happens it's just the bland leading the bland.

I was trying to work on a "Bisto" pun. Guess I shouldn't have bovril'd. :p
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Cool_mate wrote: »
    I like both Steph and Andy

Is steph actually gonna have an affair with Robert or is it just a rumour?

Cos if she does have an affair with him it's just a rehash of Kylie/David/Nick. She wants to better herself and thinks Andy is being unsupportive while growing closer to Robert at the same time then when she thinks it's all over with Andy, she shags the boss. That's what happened with Nick and Kylie and David

What's the betting there's gonna be a baby and "who's the daddy?" again

So ****ing predictable
    I like Steph, but she's a right old busybody. Andy is just dull.....what is keeping him in Weatherfield?
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find them both very dull. Maybe if they had more interesting stories that would make them more interesting.

The only time Steph shows any passion is when she running around looking after her brother.
    Isn't this what the OP is getting at?
    They had a great storyline when they first got together ( notgavin ) and they are a sexy, attractive couple who go well together.
    I think the writers might be starting to build something for the couple, though. They've been featured a lot lately, with their arguing over her working all the time and not going to the Zombie thing with him. I just hope it's not building towards them splitting up.
    I agree with the OP. One of the best couples in Corrie for a long time.
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,591
    Forum Member
    I can't stand Steph, I mean she's meant to be what - 20? 21? but she acts like an interfering old biddy in her 50s.

For someone so young, with a good-looking boyfriend, she has zero social life and no friends.

She's a waste of space and so is NotGavin. I wouldn't even notice if they left.
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RickLopez wrote: »
    Does anyone else think they have the potential to be really good characters? They're criminally underused at the moment, all we see of them is in the Bisto, but if we had some storylines concerning their actual life (you know, not in a restaurant) I think they could be interested. They have good chemistry and it's nice that they haven't cheated (yet.)

I think Steph is rather underused but the sooner they get rid of whatsisname the better. He couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand Steph, I mean she's meant to be what - 20? 21? but she acts like an interfering old biddy in her 50s.

For someone so young, with a good-looking boyfriend, she has zero social life and no friends.

She's a waste of space and so is NotGavin. I wouldn't even notice if they left.

She did have a friend Katy who has left now.

When Steph was confronting Andy I could not help watching her lips with their ultra-shiny red lipstick. ;-)

Steph started out making Andy out to be unreasonable, even telling him to grow up, but when she promised to make it up to him his mood towards her changed. I am a bit like that myself when upset or genuinely bothered. Once I receive understanding for how I feel, I become able to start moving on.
  • Lorri LouLorri Lou Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We rarely see them out with the bistro set, have we ever seen them at home? And rarely interact with anyone outwith the bistro other than brother Luke. Such a waste.
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Isn't this what the OP is getting at?
    They had a great storyline when they first got together ( notgavin ) and they are a sexy, attractive couple who go well together.
    I think the writers might be starting to build something for the couple, though. They've been featured a lot lately, with their arguing over her working all the time and not going to the Zombie thing with him. I just hope it's not building towards them splitting up.
    I agree with the OP. One of the best couples in Corrie for a long time.

They certainly could be, given a bit of attention & a decent storyline!!
  • davejc64davejc64 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    Lorri Lou wrote: »
    We rarely see them out with the bistro set, have we ever seen them at home? And rarely interact with anyone outwith the bistro other than brother Luke. Such a waste.

The same can be said of Robert and Zeedan of late no life outside the Bistro.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed how Steph & Andy asked Luke to keep their planned departure a secret outside the garage, then discussed it in the Rovers. :eek: So, of course it will soon not be a secret. :p
  • Menime123Menime123 Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame they're going if I'm honest. It's nice to have people on the street without any family ties (save for 1 brother), and not be part of one of the core families. It's nice to have a 'normal' hardworking couple just trying to get on in life without any affairs, unexpected pregnancies or trouble staying within the law (excluding the identity theft and recent attempted murder etc).

Yes, they were dull but they were severely underused. I swear Steph had the same storyline about being being overworked at the bistro for her entire tenure. But I'm equally surprised she lasted so long after Katy Armstrong left (originally being introduced as her friend).
    Forum Member
    I noticed how Steph & Andy asked Luke to keep their planned departure a secret outside the garage, then discussed it in the Rovers. :eek: So, of course it will soon not be a secret. :p

We assume it's a sad ending - they both leave but does one leave in a box and the other just leaves assuming they have been let down but not knowing the real situation.

PS Why don't they just go to the police and report Phelan?
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    We assume it's a sad ending - they both leave but does one leave in a box and the other just leaves assuming they have been let down but not knowing the real situation.

My guess is
    Andyis murdered & Steph is forced to flee to Portugal anyway because she knows too much!!
    Forum Member
    My guess is
    Andyis murdered & Steph is forced to flee to Portugal anyway because she knows too much!!

At least it happens on screen. In Mr Selfridge he was killed off screen.
  • Lulu_Lulu_ Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    I can't believe Steph is meant to be 20, I thought she was a lot older! It's a shame the characters have been so underused, but I guess like a lot of the soaps corrie tends to focus on the same few characters and others remain underused and underdeveloped.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy should never have been paired with Steph long term, They are such a dull couple, with zero chemistry.
  • davejc64davejc64 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    A really boring tedious couple just be glad when they are gone, hooking Steph up with gormless identity thief Andy ruined her character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »

It would be simplest and nicest if they simply flee Weatherfield for Portugal together. Given that Andy will try to beat Phelan at his own game, and this potential spoiler, it is hard to be certain. :(
    Steph will apparently arrive at the airport uncertain where Andy is :eek:
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davejc64 wrote: »
    A really boring tedious couple just be glad when they are gone, hooking Steph up with gormless identity thief Andy ruined her character.

I agree. I never liked Andy (his expression has been the same since his first scene) but thought Steph had real potential. I wonder if they'll bring her back in the future?