Options

Why the overuse of Tracy in ED?!

Comments

• Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davejc64 wrote: »
    She doesn't deserve forgiving for it, she took advantage of Sam's good nature and I suspect if it had been the other way around you wouldn't be quite so forgiving either. ;-)

Because I haven't forgiven male characters for worse?:o:o

I think she' s shown some really nice personal qualities since that time. It has to do with her personality not her gender. Lol back at my previous posts and you'll see that I don't discriminate based on gender politics and in fact often agree with those who argue that there is an unfair prejudice against men in ED.
  • Options
    davejc64davejc64 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    Because I haven't forgiven male characters for worse?:o:o

I think she' s shown some really nice personal qualities since that time. It has to do with her personality not her gender.

I have yet to see any nice personality quality from her, I must have blinked and missed them. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I yet to see any nice personality quality from her, I must have blinked and missed them. :rolleyes:

I have, as I mentioned earlier. They do this a lot in ED - have a character start off by being ' dodgy' but then quickly bring out their better qualities.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have, as I mentioned earlier. They do this a lot in ED - have a character start off by being ' dodgy' but then quickly bring out their better qualities.

I guess I'm not as easily swayed by their little games as some are. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I'm not as easily swayed by their little games as some are. ;-)

Well done, you' be indirectly insulted me twice:o:D

I' ll bow to your superiority;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone in that town is a bit of a scammer at some point.

Layla is an adult woman, capable of work, she should be finding her own place to live at, and not rely on David. Wasn't she also doing her most to try to get David and Tracy to break up?

I like Tracy, one of my favorite characters, actually.

I agree. I like Leyla but she behaved very badly to Tracy and David, effectively trying to split them up when they had given her a roof over their head. Her business is meant to be successful so as you say she shouldn't have seen staying with David as a long term solution. It was a stop- gap.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are speaking like Sams a saint I can remember him being far less than that at times over the years, Tracy wasn't nice when she came into the show but has learned her lesson IMO and her hearts in the right place. I like her with David makes him look more interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well done, you' be indirectly insulted me twice:o:D

I' ll bow to your superiority;-)

Insulted? You jest surely. :D
  • Options
    HOAddictHOAddict Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone in that town is a bit of a scammer at some point.

Layla is an adult woman, capable of work, she should be finding her own place to live at, and not rely on David. Wasn't she also doing her most to try to get David and Tracy to break up?

I like Tracy, one of my favorite characters, actually.

Leyla wasn't trying to be with David, she wanted to be close to her son. Perhaps she should have gone for custody, that could have been interesting.

Strangely, I liked Tracy's character when she first came into the program as a user/scammer. I liked her scenes with Sam, that had a bit of ambivalence and also her realtionship with Val. But now they've retconned her into something completely different I can't stand watching her and her buzz saw voice is beyond irritating.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both Tracy and David have went downhill as characters since they got together. For me, they are a poor couple and the least interesting characters on the show right now.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HOAddict wrote: »
    Leyla wasn't trying to be with David, she wanted to be close to her son. Perhaps she should have gone for custody, that could have been interesting.

Strangely, I liked Tracy's character when she first came into the program as a user/scammer. I liked her scenes with Sam, that had a bit of ambivalence and also her realtionship with Val. But now they've retconned her into something completely different I can't stand watching her and her buzz saw voice is beyond irritating.

I think Alicia would prefer Jacob with Leyla too. Leyla and Alicia have more rights to Jacob, than Tracy and David.

I too preferred Tracy before. She has been ruined, since getting with David.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    I think Alicia would prefer Jacob with Leyla too. Leyla and Alicia have more rights to Jacob, than Tracy and David.

I too preferred Tracy before. She has been ruined, since getting with David.

I don't think Leyla would have many rights at all. Even if they were honest and out her on the birth certificate, she must have legally named Alicia as a Guardian, or let Alicia adopt him. You have to do that these days, you can't just do informal adoptions because schools need the correct details. Alicia must have do e the same with David. It's not like the sort f situation that often arises where children unofficially stay with grannie but Mum and Dad are just around the corner and seeing them regularly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    People are speaking like Sams a saint I can remember him being far less than that at times over the years, Tracy wasn't nice when she came into the show but has learned her lesson IMO and her hearts in the right place. I like her with David makes him look more interesting.

I agree. I know harp on about it but look how horrible Sam was to Olena because she fell for Eli, not him.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I know harp on about it but look how horrible Sam was to Olena because she fell for Eli, not him.

Absolutely hes been less than nice to Edna too a few years ago. I think he was great with Alice but that wasn't typical of him at all.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, because she tried to treat a man with learning disabilities out of his hard-earned cash. Something we're supposed to have forgotten, apparently.

I mainly hate her because of the way they've tried to rewrite history, and shoved her in our faces and every single storyline in a determined attempt to make her central to the show. She's also a really terrible actress.

The stuff with David in the shop is specially execrable. That stupid shop bistro! Ridiculous. They're both useless characters these days, and I only look forward to the day Moira ploughs a tractor through it, killing all inside.

Learning disability? Does Sam have a learning disability :confused:

I get that what she did to Sam was terrible, but characters are often forgiven for much worse. I don't get the grudges towards Tracy at all.
    soap-lea wrote: »
    Or that she is a bit of a scammer and a chip off the old block.

That she sees nothing wrong in arranging paying a sex worker to date her "friend"

Making David kick out his step sons mother with no where to go.

No definitely all of that points to a lovely decent person

She was trying to help Finn. Her actions were that of a nice, but misguided person. It's not like she did it to embarrass him.

Being a scammer is nothing in ED. Every character has done something terrible at one point. She scammed Sam for a while and has grown as a character since.

As for kicking out Leyla, I don't blame her. Leyla was treating Tracy like crap. She had a right to kick her out of her home.
    I have yet to see any nice personality quality from her, I must have blinked and missed them. :rolleyes:

You missed her supporting David through his cancer, helping Jacob deal with it (even when he was awful to her) and recently trying to help Finn?
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    HOAddict wrote: »

What does it matter to Tracy why Leyla was trying to break her and David up?

David has been one constant adult in Jacob's life for years, when Alicia went to jail, when Alicia left the country, Jacob has always been there. If Leyla changed that now, it would show her to be a really crappy parent.
  • Options
    AncalagonAncalagon Posts: 2,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People really need to get over the way she treated Sam- wow you're an unforgiving bunch :P

She isn't the first person to do something dodgy or mean, remember Nicola and that old De-Suza Guy? A dying old man she was going to rip off- after bumping him off- but everyone loves Nicola now, surely she should be a "skank" also?

Andy Sugden beat his wife, Charity has done way worse (and to Sam) Cain has also done awful things... however with Tracy it has to stick?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ancalagon wrote: »
    People really need to get over the way she treated Sam- wow you're an unforgiving bunch :P

She isn't the first person to do something dodgy or mean, remember Nicola and that old De-Suza Guy? A dying old man she was going to rip off- after bumping him off- but everyone loves Nicola now, surely she should be a "skank" also?

Andy Sugden beat his wife, Charity has done way worse (and to Sam) Cain has also done awful things... however with Tracy it has to stick?

Literally, Dan, Finn, Diane and Ronnie are the only ones who don't have dodgy tales to tell and Finn' s on shaky ground:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    Learning disability? Does Sam have a learning disability :confused:

I get that what she did to Sam was terrible, but characters are often forgiven for much worse. I don't get the grudges towards Tracy at all.

She was trying to help Finn. Her actions were that of a nice, but misguided person. It's not like she did it to embarrass him.

Being a scammer is nothing in ED. Every character has done something terrible at one point. She scammed Sam for a while and has grown as a character since.

As for kicking out Leyla, I don't blame her. Leyla was treating Tracy like crap. She had a right to kick her out of her home.

You missed her supporting David through his cancer, helping Jacob deal with it (even when he was awful to her) and recently trying to help Finn?
    I think he has some sort of disability. In the 70s and 80s they were quite poor at picking up in problems like that and diagnosing them. Sam probably spent those times he did go to school in learning support. His problems seem to me to be more about communicating as much as actual intelligence. He copes because he's in a niche - lots of family support and a job which suits his abilities. He' s not stupid - he knows about wildlife and gamekeeping - but would he be able to function out with that very specific niche? Say he had to move away from his family or get a job in a call centre or shop?

In a way, what's s happened to Sam harkens back to my childhood, when the community looked out for people like Sam and he could fit in with people allowing for his quirks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tracy and Kerry are very similar characters often seeming to be nice to someone just to get what they want for themselves they always have a ulterior motive for doing something.
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    As a character she is being used far too much, plus I wouldn't say she is the best of actresses either.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a very clever trick in soaps. You put somebody in the show, like Tracey whose only attempt at acting is to stand with her mouth open, and this makes the rest of the cast look brilliant.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why have people forgotten the way she treated Sam, is it because he's a dingle and/or male?

I haven't forgotten it but I believe in giving people second chances.

And a lot of the men have done far, far worse than that - putting people in hospital, shooting them etc.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. David is a bore.

I agree too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    I haven't forgotten it but I believe in giving people second chances.

And a lot of the men have done far, far worse than that - putting people in hospital, shooting them etc.

Exactly:)