My Orange coverage has gone to pot

dave81ukdave81uk Posts: 1,407
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What happens in this situation, If you move home to an area with no coverage that is your own fault, signal is not guaranteed, but what happens if you don't move and your signal gradually reduces? This is even reflected on the Orange postcode checker, when I took out my contract the checker said I would get good signal and so I did, never less than 3 bars and most times it was almost full, but in the past month I can't even get a signal in my house, and the postcode checker now says no 3g and low 2g showing 1 bar which is about right, I have been onto Orange several times and have had a few excuses, one being the mast is experiencing difficulties, to there is no issues must be my phone, They told me signal will improve when T-Mobile come on board, that won't help me as there is zero T-Mobile coverage around here.

Any advice? I now have a phone that I can't use at home and can't use at work as it never had any signal there.

Comments

• mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    dave81uk wrote: »
    What happens in this situation, If you move home to an area with no coverage that is your own fault, signal is not guaranteed, but what happens if you don't move and your signal gradually reduces? This is even reflected on the Orange postcode checker, when I took out my contract the checker said I would get good signal and so I did, never less than 3 bars and most times it was almost full, but in the past month I can't even get a signal in my house, and the postcode checker now says no 3g and low 2g showing 1 bar which is about right, I have been onto Orange several times and have had a few excuses, one being the mast is experiencing difficulties, to there is no issues must be my phone, They told me signal will improve when T-Mobile come on board, that won't help me as there is zero T-Mobile coverage around here.

Any advice? I now have a phone that I can't use at home and can't use at work as it never had any signal there.

ive noticed this on both my O2 phones, Nokia N82 work phone and iPhone 4

few weeks back i was getting full 3G signal and now im getting 2 or 3 bars 3G. (this is the Bristol Area)

strange, maybe the iPhone 4 hype hasnt settled yet?
  • dave81ukdave81uk Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typical Orange really, sat on the phone for 35 mins, then finally connected to someone in a mud hut in Mumbai and "Im sorry the system is don can you phone back" :
  • ram jamram jam Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    one of many reasons i left orange poor network since its been france telecom
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    Typical Orange really, sat on the phone for 35 mins, then finally connected to someone in a mud hut in Mumbai and "Im sorry the system is don can you phone back" :

Well, I was going to suggest a solution to you, but after your incredibly racist and rude comment I'm not going to bother....
  • PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    Well, I was going to suggest a solution to you, but after your incredibly racist and rude comment I'm not going to bother....

It doesn't take much these days to get called a racist. :rolleyes:

Your comment was personally directed and was far more offensive in my opinion.

Orange used to be the best, but I think over the years, they've cut services and increased charges to save money.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    I agree with plymouthbloke1974. Plus I have never been put through to an Indian call centre with Orange anyways. They got rid of them i thought. So there is a good chance the person you spoke to was a UK tax paying Brit..

Plus if you think Orange customer service is not up to scratch.. i think you should try the others. Even the staff in the O2/Voda shops say they are shocking!!

As for your signal issue could it be a handset issue?
    Also with 3G signals, the more people that connect to the tower it the smaller the reception footprint becomes. Could be the tower is very busy. There could also be engineering works going on and therefore reduced output.

If you don't like the answers take it up a step.. speak to the technical dept and they rule out any issues with your phone ask for a review in your area. I did this once (had to raise the issue a few times) they sent out an engineer who check it out. He even knocked on my door and told me what he was doing!! Coverage improved.
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with plymouthbloke1974. Plus I have never been put through to an Indian call centre with Orange anyways. They got rid of them i thought. So there is a good chance the person you spoke to was a UK tax paying Brit..

Sadly they don't have UK only call centres from what i gather. I used to have Orange premier, get through quick to someone in the UK. Since i renewed they took Orange premier off me and it takes ages for the call to be answered and it's someone from an overseas call centre. It doesn't bother me too much just as long as the issue is fixed!

My signal with Orange dropped last year, called and reported it and they said there wasn't a fault. I then had a call back the day after from someone apologising and thanking me for reporting it. They called me every day til the issue was fixed. This was when i had Orange premier.

The same thing happened again about a month ago (no longer Orange premier) and was just told there was an outage in my area and they had no timescales for a fix. I didn't get any call backs at all.

The difference between Orange premier and standard customer services is as clear night and day.
  • ram jamram jam Posts: 288
    Forum Member

I'm sorry but i fail to see what is racist about this comment come on guys get a grip it is called sarcasm something this country used to be good at but the pc brigade has took that away:p
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Orange Premium is that not now the IPhone support teaam which would explain why I get great service and never wait more than 5 mins on hold... lol
  • dave81ukdave81uk Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orange Premium is that not now the IPhone support teaam which would explain why I get great service and never wait more than 5 mins on hold... lol

I would ring from my iPhone but can't get a damn signal
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my area there has been various problems with Orange base stations being switched off as they're moving to T-Mobile's. (who already share with 3!)
  • mjdj1689mjdj1689 Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are not switching any off at the moment, i cant even connect to t mobile on my pay as you go or contract phone.. at the moment its 2 g pay as you go I think.

Orange do have overseas phone base , its on handset faults and pay as you go.
  • chandleochandleo Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orange seems to have gone absolutely appaling recently (noticed this on both my own and friends mobiles) full signal one minute, no network at all the next, It's incredibly annoying.

Thing the final straw a couple of weeks ago while waiting for a phone call for a telephone interview, sat waiting with my phone for half an hour with full signal then finally getting a prompt saying I had a voicemail as the other person hadn't been able to get through!

Have to wait til November when the contract runs out before I can get rid though, however unreliable the network is I doubt they'll either improve or let me out of the contract early!