Options

Explosion at Boston Marathon

Comments

• Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16caerhos wrote: »
    I can't help feeling that some pro-gun nutters are responsible for this.

After all, the Marathon was in honour of the Newtown victims wasn't it?

I really, really hope not. I'm sure many hearts the world over would break if that were the case.
    Then again, as posted earlier, it is a bit of a coincidence it is on the day that a missile launch from NK was predicted, as it is the birthday of the founder of North Korea, Kim Il Sung, The Day of the Sun.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,057
    Forum Member
    I've seen absolutely nothing anywhere about the JFK bomb. Can someone post a reliable link, please?

The police confirmed it.
  • Options
    Uk LtdUk Ltd Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrimalIce wrote: »
    Depends if they are actually distressed or just want to show everyone how outraged they are.

Quite.
  • Options
    AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    Enniskillen, Warrington - and I said "style", not that it was them

Could be the loyalists, remember Monaghan and Dublin?
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skipjack79 wrote: »
    I can't see how anyone in the gun lobby would think bombing a charity event would help their cause. Maybe an attack on a federal building, but not a fun run. The aim was obviously to kill and maim innocent people, and there is only one group who are head and shoulders above the rest at committing such atrocities. They are the obvious suspects in my opinion.
    I thought we had dismissed the IRA
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bingoman wrote: »
    Just a quick question, how did someone plant devices around the City after the police did there checks orginally and how did this person evade police that bit i don't get:confused:

There are hundreds of thousands of people milling around watch ing the marathon...most of them wearing backpacks and/ or carrying bags................how can the police search everyone along a 26 mile route? Most spectators would be watching the race, and someone leaving a bag on the ground would go unnoticed
  • Options
    Femme FataleFemme Fatale Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I'm watching the Livewire newsfeed and it looks like there won't be answers for some time. I can't imagine what the people who were at the scene are going through.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have they said if anyone was injured at the library?
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The stuff they are currently showing on Sky News isnt much better so anyone who's squeamish might want to avoid that too.

I haven't seen them show anyone who's had their legs blown off.
  • Options
    littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen absolutely nothing anywhere about the JFK bomb. Can someone post a reliable link, please?

It was just reported in the news from a press conference the boston police did live.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flubber. wrote: »
    controlled explosion or more people hurt? i cant find anything.

It was stated in the Boston Police news conference..with few details
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that poor bloke lives
  • Options
    Jellied EelJellied Eel Posts: 33,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No proof that they were bombs yet though. And no one is saying that they were bombs either. Not yet anyway.

Looked like bombs to me, at least the one on the pavement. Lots of flame though, so probably some domestic nutjob with some home-made explosives.
  • Options
    PlausibleDenialPlausibleDenial Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    16caerhos wrote: »
    I can't help feeling that some pro-gun nutters are responsible for this.

After all, the Marathon was in honour of the Newtown victims wasn't it?

I really, really hope not. I'm sure many hearts the world over would break if that were the case.

As if!!!

Nobody who legally owns a gun has ever done anything!
    It is the FBI which has been responsible for domestic terrorist activities over there!

Also don't forget the fast and the furious scandal!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

With a government like that of the USA, you would want guns too. The founding father's recognised the danger which its people could be under so its why they were given that right.

Its not as if the USA is a civilised country, it is politically corrupt, more overtly so than ours (With the three main parties all wanting to sell off state assets and public services so their rich mates can get richer!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cellphone service has been shut down in the Boston area "to prevent any potential remote detonations of explosives." -
  • Options
    ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's just been said in the news conference with the State Governor.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bingoman wrote: »
    Just a quick question, how did someone plant devices around the City after the police did there checks orginally and how did this person evade police that bit i don't get:confused:

The fact that it's multiple devices suggests it might not necessarily be the work of one person. If the police have done all their sweeps, you may well have had a situation where 3 people planted 3 devices at the same time as they'd know that the security sweeps would have been completed.

If it was a single person, I think the odds of at least one device being found beforehand would have been quite high.
  • Options
    The 12th DoctorThe 12th Doctor Posts: 4,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skipjack79 wrote: »
    I can't see how anyone in the gun lobby would think bombing a charity event would help their cause. Maybe an attack on a federal building, but not a fun run. The aim was obviously to kill and maim innocent people, and their is only one group who are head and shoulders above the rest at committing such atrocities. They are the obvious suspects in my opinion.

There are some so-called "truthers" who think Newtown never happened at all and that it was a government conspiracy to justify disarming the population. One bloke who helped out that day got attacked in the street and called a child molester by these nutjobs. Truthers might see the Newtown families as complicit in a government conspiracy to disarm them, and attacking them might seem a clever way to expose the "truth" they believe in. Also, using bombs is significant as the attackers, if it is pro-gun-nuts, didn't use guns to kill.

That's my theory, if it is pro-gun nutters.
  • Options
    16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bombed because they were running for great causes to help other people. What a sick world we live in.
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Just watch it on ITN, so sad,
    and I am worrying, as I am doing three half-marathons this year in UK, thoughts for people in Boston.
  • Options
    littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    I haven't seen them show anyone whose had their legs blown off.

No but I've seen some other not so nice footage so just thought I would say as it can be rather upsetting.
  • Options
    EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cellphone service has been shut down in the Boston area "to prevent any potential remote detonations of explosives." -

That would be why no one is texting me back, then.
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    Dare Devil wrote: »
    Are you stupid?

An edit on your post with the link. It's not hard, there is an edit button but you only have 30 mins to edit.

and don't put "do not click if easily upset". Those images would upset and shock anyone who clicked on them. I'd be worried if someone clicked on that image and felt nothing.

Now edit your post with the link!

we need these pics to ramp up hatred and support for anyone's ass we need to kick for doing this. more graphic images = more support when the US government goes after whoever(person/country/organization) did this
  • Options
    EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same numb feeling I had watching tv news coverage of other terrorist attacks unfold. I hope everything is secured down and controlled and this doesn't turn out to be a chain of attacks.

Horrifying.
This discussion has been closed.