Options

Hmm, Randy Jackson leaves American Idol ....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
Forum Member
✭✭
... and Simon is yet to announce the new US judging panel on X Factor.

I'm sure this is just an interesting coincidence.

:)

Comments

• Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt it.

Down the line I wouldn't rule out Simon, Randy, Paula and Ryan being reunited on some kind of TV talent show - X Factor, Idol or maybe even something new. But I can't see it happening right now. And I can't see him hiring Randy alone.
  • Options
    HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah I don't think Simon will go for it either. Look at how Paula worked out. Plus Randy was always the weak link of every panel he was on. He's not particularly popular either, he was just background noise that stuck around for a long time.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Randy leaving is the best thing that can happen to Idol- they can reboot properly now.

I say replace him with Jamie Foxx- a younger, cooler more Hollywood producer with roots in stand-up comedy. If this years negativity-heavy panel has proved, judges work best when they have an element of humour.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    God, I hope not. nobody likes randy
  • Options
    PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God, I hope not. nobody likes randy

I do, I love him. I think musicians are the best judges.
  • Options
    offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    I doubt it.

Down the line I wouldn't rule out Simon, Randy, Paula and Ryan being reunited on some kind of TV talent show - X Factor, Idol or maybe even something new. But I can't see it happening right now. And I can't see him hiring Randy alone.

Me too. It's all so very, very predictable you could write the scripts yourself. :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Randy leaving is the best thing that can happen to Idol- they can reboot properly now.

I say replace him with Jamie Foxx- a younger, cooler more Hollywood producer with roots in stand-up comedy. If this years negativity-heavy panel has proved, judges work best when they have an element of humour.

I would definitely watch it if Jamie was on the panel. Imagine the comedy we would have every week? :p
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he woulld be good on the x factor, i reckon he would make a great mentor
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I would definitely watch it if Jamie was on the panel. Imagine the comedy we would have every week? :p

He'd be a great choice- very charismatic and also very funny!

Not to mention a Grammy winner and a proven mentor on the show.