They'll just loop the film again and again
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pity we can't crash the after-show party :D
  • water_carrierwater_carrier Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really pleased they do this Red button show. It's good they talk to the finalist. In the passed you wouldn't hear from the winning couple.

Really do hope Simon's daughter has a speedy recovery. How awful for her to be in hospital especially this time of year.

Happy Christmas Strictly fans. same time, same place next year.
  • 1saintly1saintly Posts: 4,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a warmth and friendliness to Strictly. That's why it wins the ratings battle. X Factor is a colder show. The age of Nasty TV needs to die quickly.

Or maybe its because bruce isnt doing it anymore thats why the ratings are up?
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatima502 wrote: »
    Well we know that Pasha is going to get someone like Valerie Singleton next year

Well he is overdue for an oldie/ fatty after Chelsee, Kimberley, Rachel and Caroline. If he doesn't get one it's not fair really.
  • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    cwickham wrote: »
    Celebrities to reach the final without ever getting a 10:
    Christopher Parker
    Julian Clary
    Mark Wright

Any other pointless things people'd like to know about Strictly, 'cause I'm here all night...

I can understand Christopher Parker, weirdly the only dance of his I remember is his paso doble

but I can think of dances that both Julian did and Mark did that deserved a 10, imo of course

love your stats
  • MaureenGMaureenG Posts: 19,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    red button,, i'm still watching on a 22 inch black and white

22 inch !!! :o

I hate braggers.

:D
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really pleased they do this Red button show. It's good they talk to the finalist. In the passed you wouldn't hear from the winning couple.

Really do hope Simon's daughter has a speedy recovery. How awful for her to be in hospital especially this time of year.

Happy Christmas Strictly fans. same time, same place next year.

Happy Christmas to you too. :)
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Christmas all <333
  • MaureenGMaureenG Posts: 19,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'J' word.

Downs shot of home made Tia Maria...
  • RiinapopszRiinapopsz Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Is anyone else really happy that Bruce wasn't there this year, ushering away the contestants from the winner? Always felt like it spoilt the excitement when he did that...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    MaureenG wrote: »
    22 inch !!! :o

I hate braggers.

:D

:D:D:D lol
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,685
    Forum Member
    Well he is overdue for an oldie/ fatty after Chelsee, Kimberley, Rachel and Caroline. If he doesn't get one it's not fair really.

Who did Artem have an a partner last year?

Whover it was he was not happy at all, and I summise that was part of the reason he left for DWTS.

I doubt Pasha would be so fickle though, and he would do his best with any partner he is given.
  • Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    I read somewhere this morning that Bruce gets angry when people say that Claudia replaced him. He wanted it known that Tess replaced him and Claudia replaced Tess!!

ok confusion after several red wines. tess and brucie were the presenters..................

he leaves........... claudia steps in so in most peoples viewss it looks like she replaced him. i personally dont care, i would much rather Anton had been a host one male one female, i really couldnt warm to claudias presenting skills but ill happily admit when im wrong- everyone on the team seems to love her and she has improved........

nothings ever straight forward is it :D great final though and i love the lead up to christmas every year- chuffed for caroline she was excellent:)
  • hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »

Whover it was he was not happy at all, and I summise that was part of the reason he left for DWTS.

I doubt Pasha would be so fickle though, and he would do his best with any partner he is given.

He had Natalie Gumede. The best dancer last year in my opinion.
  • Fatima502Fatima502 Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    There is a family magic to the show, which was certainly evident when I was lucky enough to go to the Christmas special the other year. And it has also been magic to share opinions with the rest of you. So now that it is all finally over, I would like to say thank you to my fellow Digital Spy Forumsters. When we first started I could barely string a sentence together but I have been on such a journey and have exceeded my wildest expectations to be able to comment on the final. I am so proud of myself and I couldn't have done it without you.
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so are rachel and pasha still together
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »

Whover it was he was not happy at all
    , and I summise that was part of the reason he left for DWTS.

I thought Artem was with Natalie Gumede last year. She was an absolutely brilliant dancer and they were really good together despite quite a lot of negative bitching on here about Natalie. They got to the final didn't they?
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,747
    Forum Member
    After last weeks worst semi final in years I was worried about tonight but it was an excellent final.
  • scout2006scout2006 Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member

According to her twitter, very much so.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The start of a nine month drought of brilliant live music on TV.
  • pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member

Yes - they live together, and Rachel was in the studio tonight. She's been tweeting good luck etc to Caroline/Pasha.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    He had Natalie Gumede. The best dancer last year in my opinion.

I agree.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Riinapopsz wrote: »
    Is anyone else really happy that Bruce wasn't there this year, ushering away the contestants from the winner? Always felt like it spoilt the excitement when he did that...

I'm really happy about that! :D
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Hi, had relatives over so I couldn't post on here, I was enjoying it with them. But I loved tonight's show, I was thoroughly entertained throughout. Glad Caroline won, see you for the Christmas special at 5pm, Christmas Day on BBC ONE! :)