amazon pilots 2015

big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
Forum Member
✭✭
Amazon have released their pilots that you decide which will be made.

what are you most looking forward to? For me it's got to be mad dogs and cocked

The pilots scheduled to debut Jan. 15 include:

Cocked: An hour-long dark comedy created by Sam Baum (Lie To Me) and Sam Shaw (ManhattanTrue Blood) as a corporate lap dog forced to leave the big city and return to rural Virginia to help run his family's gun business.

Down Dog: A satire of new-age yoga culture in Los Angeles, written by Robin Schiff (Are You There, Chelsea?).

Mad Dogs: An hour-long dark comedy based on the hit U.K. series of the same name. The series follows the twisted reunion of a group of underachieving 40-something friends and stars Steve Zahn (Dallas Buyers Club), Billy Zane and Romany Malco (Weeds).

The Man in the High Castle: Based on Philip K. Dick's Hugo Award-winning 1962 alternative history,*The Man in the High Castle*imagines what would have happened if the Allied Powers lost World War II. The pilot is written by Frank Spotnitz (The X-Files) and is executive produced by Ridley Scott.

The New Yorker Presents: A half-hour docu-series from stories that originated in*The New Yorker. The pilot episode features short segments, including a film starring Alan Cumming based on a story by formerSaturday Night Live*writer Simon Rich.

Salem Rogers: A half-hour comedy starring Leslie Bibb (About a Boy) as a former supermodel forced to re-enter the real world after 10 years in a posh rehab center.SNL's Rachel Dratch also stars.

Point of Honor: A Civil War-era drama written by Carlton Cuse (Lost) and Randall Wallace (Braveheart). Nathan Parsons stars as John Rhodes, a soldier who makes the controversial decision to defend the South while freeing all of his slaves

Comments

• big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is also a kids choice.

The original kids pilots include:

Buddy: Tech Detective:*An animated whodunit aimed at preschoolers created by Chris Dicker (What's Your News?), Jon Burton (The Lego Movie) and Jocelyn Stevenson (Fraggle Rock).

Sarah Solves It: An animated musical that follows Sara and her younger brother Sam as they work together to solve mysteries.

The Stinky & Dirty Show: Based on the*I, Stinkbook series, the show follows the adventures of best friends Stinky the garbage truck and Dirty the backhoe loader.

Niko and the Sword of Light:*The animated series aimed at children ages 6-11 follows Niko as he embarks on an epic quest to defeat darkness and bring light back to his land.

Table 58: A single-camera live-action pilot directed by Gil Junger (10 Things I hate About You) and aimed at children ages 6-11. The show focuses on Table 58, the cafeteria table used by the school's eclectic misfits.

My oldest daughter tells me that she would rather watch table 58
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Zahn is in the US remake of Mad Dogs. Interesting.
  • CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the sound of The Man in the High Castle.

I'm still holding out hope that we'll see more of The Cosmopolitans from last year's batch of pilots. They announced back in October that they'd picked up Red Oaks and Hand of God to series and had ordered more scripts of The Cosmopolitans with the possibility of it going to series too but there's been no news since.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still haven't seen any yet. Anyone got any advice as to whether to watch irnot
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed "Man in the High Castle". Would like to see that one picked up for a series.
  • MacBurpMacBurp Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Cocked was rather good. Good Cast (Sam Trammell, Jason Lee, Brian Dennehy, Laura Fraser), not sure if there's enough in it for a series.
  • MacBurpMacBurp Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed "Man in the High Castle". Would like to see that one picked up for a series.

+1 for that. How does one vote for these shows?
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna check out High Castle & Point of Honour! :) the rest don't seem like my cuppa tea! :)
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MacBurp wrote: »
    +1 for that. How does one vote for these shows?
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I'm gonna check out High Castle & Point of Honour! :) the rest don't seem like my cuppa tea! :)

Definitely The Man in the High Castle, absolutely loved this pilot especially after the final scene was like whoa!!! :o

Just left me wanting more, pray this gets a full series pick-up.

Great premise.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All i keep hearing about on several sites is The Man in the high castle. I can't remember the last time a pilot made such a stir.