The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    I know that someone already posted it but at the bottom of the email about Renegade (fanmail for promo) there's a copyright sign of KWL.
    Just look at this
    Do you think that she is working with them again? Or they have just forgotten to delete it?
  • beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didnt know if you guys knew this but Alex is followed by Ellen?
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Where? Looking through Ellen's followers and can't see! The tweets about Alex's new single being better then rihannas make me laugh lmao Alex's aint even a single, free track.
    Forum Member
    There's an Alex song called call myself a liar which isn't on the Ep which has leaked, it's on my Twitter @dni17
  • pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    Where? Looking through Ellen's followers and can't see! The tweets about Alex's new single being better then rihannas make me laugh lmao Alex's aint even a single, free track.

She prob followed her years ago or after she met Oprah and others with Kevin.. Not really that newsworthy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roll on April!
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    There's an Alex song called call myself a liar which isn't on the Ep which has leaked, it's on my Twitter @dni17

I actually like that
  • NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    I actually like that

It's good!! The call myself a liar. With mastering I think it could've been an anthem here maybe spring midtempo
  • Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like Call Myself a Liar may have been from the recording she did for Album 3 before she left KWL. And if this is so, I am gutted it never got an official release cause it is so good! Would have been a great album track, maybe even a promo single
    Forum Member
    Rob200696 wrote: »
    I feel like Call Myself a Liar may have been from the recording she did for Album 3 before she left KWL. And if this is so, I am gutted it never got an official release cause it is so good! Would have been a great album track, maybe even a promo single

I think she owns a lot of the songs she recorded from kwl... I think she was careful with the signing because she still owns no more you, going back to New York in May to meet with people she recorded with like Lydia ceasar (who wrote a lot with her when she was with kwl) we will soon see but it's a cute song
    Forum Member
    And she must have better material now then she did before because no more you was considered as a lead single when she was with kwl... Well it was out of that and shine when she posted that video. So I'm feeling hopeful because I like no more you a lot!
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Call Myself A Liar is so good as well! Homegirl is on FIRE, but this song reminds me of a song I can't put my finger on

(The downlaod link ain;t working tho :()

EDIT: I know what it is! It reminds me of Jennifer Lopez' What is Love in some way
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The song is ok but a bit basic. Album filler material. Renegade is better in my opinion. Can one of you put it on youtube so I can download it please?

Nvm I just downloaded it.
    Forum Member
    It's already on YouTube
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    The song is ok but a bit basic. Album filler material. Renegade is better in my opinion. Can one of you put it on youtube so I can download it please?

Nvm I just downloaded it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smrQrJmy9aw
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really like Call Myself A Liar she sounds like Brandy in the first 30 seconds. That and Renegade are both catchy.
  • volume3dvolume3d Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

very basic but listenable and >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Renegade
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Call Myself A Liar is from the original second album. I remember this song title well.

It was worked on with Fraser T. Smith. Much better than the EP material, despite being years old. :blush:
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    I didn't think Call Me A Liar was that good until the end...it's weirdly structured.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive listened to Call Myself a Liar a few times and yes the song slays!

I know I was completely against the idea but if alex performed this song at Eurovision we would get top 10 at least.
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've really tried to like Renegade, but it just doesn't do it for me. It's a bit like Elephant in that the idea behind the song is better than the final product. The production and vocal arrangement is such a mess. Call Myself a Liar is a lot better.
    Forum Member
    I much prefer renegade to call myself a liar personally, both are both good and have errors with the vocal and some of the mixing .... Renegade gives me like rated r vibes just with a weaker production, if it was mastered it would have been fab
  • ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    I actually love renegade. I can't say that this song is a hit. The production could be better but I really like this direction.. And I like it that she's finally trying to make her own image. She tried to do it with NewRules but that didn't work out as she wanted... And now It might be just good enough to show her as this rebel. The Renegade :)
    '
    Call Myself A Liar ia amazing actually. At first I didn't like it, and now I realy do. It's also a grower... If it's realy from the original album then wow.. This song is really old and it could be so good with a little bit of freshening!
  • perobt93perobt93 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Call Myself a Liar is definitely not Alex. Similar vocal but not Alex for sure!
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    It is her? As Zack said it was recorded around the time of the original album and she has a writing credit on the song.