Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,807
    Forum Member
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Ever since Coca-Cola began broadcasting the 'Christmas Caravan' advert again a few years ago it has always been a shortened version. The music has been edited to remove references to 'Always Coca-Cola', you may also notice that the rear of the last truck visible to the boy has been edited so it doesn't animate or feature the aforementioned slogan. I find these edits to be rather disrespectful.

The original advert that the current edited version is based was first broadcast in 1997.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vOkebAmCF8

For comparison, here is the current edited version (albeit, the end has been modified to incorporate the 'Open Happiness' slogan).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veR_zVm3uk4

Well at least the 'edited' version isnt a remix, but the "Always Coca Cola" slogan fitted with the tune :(
    Forum Member
    Just seen the John Lewis ad - its very clever, but I dont like the version of the song. Twee baby voiced covers must be stopped! :mad:

I remember this ad from a few years ago, this is beautiful :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64C3H6R1v-s :(
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Just seen the John Lewis ad - its very clever, but I dont like the version of the song. Twee baby voiced covers must be stopped! :mad:

We should get some sort of campaign going...

..otherwise where will it end? A twee, weedy cover version of "March of the Pigs" by Nine Inch Nails?
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member

I love the John Lewis ad- don't mind the version of the song either but it would have been better with the original.
    Forum Member
    I liked the ad as well :)
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    Another thumbs up for John Lewis ad!:)

M&S ad is more annoying this year, normally it doesn't bother me but this year!
    I hadn't seen the Kevin Bacon ad 'til the weekend - gawed, it's dreadfully annoying, plus boring.
    I'm really sick of the Wonga puppets like some of you too!:mad:
    The Colgate ad where the woman has blood on her floss makes me feel sick!:eek: hate all toothpaste ads - all chewing gum ads ( although, there aren't many these days are there?).:confused:

The usual PPI/ confused/Go Compare are all annoying to the point of despair, I agree.

PPI on my mobile are even more infuriating!:mad:
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just seen the Xmas GoCompare advert; Gio and Louie Spence in the same advert...my Christmas is now complete :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    That bloody Grand Bulge ad has been running so long now I expect half the cast are dead. Why do all chocolate ads overstay their welcome by years? That daft bint has been hiding her chocolate from her thieving housemates for at least five years, it's not even a good ad, just creepy.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Eraserhead wrote: »

..otherwise where will it end? A twee, weedy cover version of "March of the Pigs" by Nine Inch Nails?
    I not usually fussed with campaigns or petitions but a one to ban twee covers may be the one to start with
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That bloody Grand Bulge ad has been running so long now I expect half the cast are dead. Why do all chocolate ads overstay their welcome by years? That daft bint has been hiding her chocolate from her thieving housemates for at least five years, it's not even a good ad, just creepy.

and to make it worse I keep getting her gurning face in the top right hand corner of my screen, anyone else getting it?:mad:
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »

Ha I would love to hear John Lewis try that!!
  • MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Maggi's "Sizzling Steak" advert.

Kid, "mum's a genius!"

Dad, "yes she is"

Worst response and delivery in an advert ever. So bad I laugh every time I hear it. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's not twee, its just incredibly badly sung by a women with an awful voice or lack of one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new Kingsmill advert. I don't hate it because it's "controversial" I simply hate it because it's absolutely dire.
  • Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The advert for that overpriced shopping webshite Very really hacks me off, again men have no idea about gift buying, yeh thanks to coke addicted scuzzy ad men it seem we are.
  • Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tarot wrote: »
    That song is called Everything At Once by Lenka, she also sings a song called Heart Skips A Beat that's being used for an advert too; she must be popular with the ad guys at the moment :)

Some desperate east european bint with a croaky voice autotuned to death then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The George.com/Asda advert.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    For all the people hating the Power of Love song, if it is such a awful cover why is it at number 36 in the official chart just 2 days after being released and currently at number 3 in the Itunes singles chart?

i think it is a beautiful cover and i am not just saying that because i am a fan of Gabrielle Aplin, the girl who sings it, i am saying it because it fits the advert perfectly imo.
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rickyp08 wrote: »
    For all the people hating the Power of Love song, if it is such a awful cover why is it at number 36 in the official chart just 2 days after being released and currently at number 3 in the Itunes singles chart?

i think it is a beautiful cover and i am not just saying that because i am a fan of Gabrielle Aplin, the girl who sings it, i am saying it because it fits the advert perfectly imo.

Its there because people are easily led. I am not a fan of the original either. Enough of the mawkwish covers!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Rickyp08 wrote: »

I've not heard it, but the public do tend to lap up bad music, so you can't really appeal to popularity as a sign of quality.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,541
    Forum Member
    Tarot wrote: »
    I've just seen the Xmas GoCompare advert; Gio and Louie Spence in the same advert...my Christmas is now complete :yawn:

I think this ad is horrendous .. how did they get away with it being screened :mad:
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    The new Kingsmill advert. I don't hate it because it's "controversial" I simply hate it because it's absolutely dire.

How is it controversial? I havent seen it :confused:
    Forum Member
    The advert for that overpriced shopping webshite Very really hacks me off, again men have no idea about gift buying, yeh thanks to coke addicted scuzzy ad men it seem we are.

That advert is dire :yawn:
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the one for minstrels with the 2 women watching some male strippers. I want to hurl things at the TV when she says 'great slobororovitch'. Yuk
This discussion has been closed.