Anyone buying Wrestlemania in HD?

DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
Forum Member
Anyone ordering Wrestlemania in HD?

Good to see it's the same price as standard quality as it's $10 more expensive in the States.

Comments

• bk2006bk2006 Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! - This is very good.

I read that Wrestlemania XXIV will also be relased on Blu-Ray. - Here.
  • shireshire Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    I can never understand it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Yep I've ordered it on SBO HD2. Do we still get the repeats seeing as it's only the live version thats on HD2?
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    DX RULES wrote: »
    Yep I've ordered it on SBO HD2. Do we still get the repeats seeing as it's only the live version thats on HD2?
    The press adverts for the event say that only the live screening is in HD. Whether that is actually true remains to be seen of course!
    :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    I will definatly be ordering it as i do every WWE box office event! but this one will be extra special with it being in HD :)
  • ray_01ray_01 Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »
    Anyone ordering Wrestlemania in HD?

Good to see it's the same price as standard quality as it's $10 more expensive in the States.

Standard quality is the same price as HD more like, there is a difference.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Yep i have just orded as well, cant wait!.
  • Adam LawAdam Law Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep all ordered - can't wait :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be orderering it too, (going against me wifes "rules") :o

Although the PPV in itself is very very predictable IMO!! Maybe that is a good thing as when they are very predictable they tend to be quite unpredictable......................
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    100% no,

I hate al that but each to their own.

I did have a look at it in HD and it is very impressive but not for me:)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bk2006 wrote: »

yes it will, but will it be region free and if it isnt will there be a region B release??
  • lolmillolmil Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    I have ordered this PPV but it seems you can only WATCH the event live in HD, ie: you can't record it in HD. I have tried it a few ways and my box keeps saying unable to record in HD. Anyone getting the same issue? If not please tell me how to record this in HD as I dont want to stay up till 4am
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    ray_01 wrote: »
    Standard quality is the same price as HD more like, there is a difference.

Yeah, what I mean't was SD and HD were both £15. In the states, I believe it's $44.95 for SD and $54.95 for HD.
    lolmil wrote: »
    I have ordered this PPV but it seems you can only WATCH the event live in HD, ie: you can't record it in HD. I have tried it a few ways and my box keeps saying unable to record in HD. Anyone getting the same issue? If not please tell me how to record this in HD as I dont want to stay up till 4am

I hit the record button and it seems to have earmarked it to record as normal.

After you have the event on your personel planner, select record.
    Forum Member
    Have you set the normal event in or tried to record Ch 757 for the HD version? I can record the SD version but still not the HD
  • BjoernBjoern Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    OH NO! :eek: I also want to record it on SBO HD 2, because I will be away until Monday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Mine has set fine to record in HD.
  • chrismyachrismya Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    i just tryed to record in hd it wont let me ? dam it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    For those having trouble recording...

DONT go via box office > sports and events
    DO find WM24 on channel 757. Press the record button. Then lock it!
    You have 2 weeks of it on your planner too.
    Hopefully that works.

I had planned to stay up and watch it, after I finished work - but my boss has just put the dreaded spanner in and Im now in on an early on monday morning. Grrrrrr.

Btw, I notice that the SD version doesnt have "C" (copyright) where as the HD version does.

PS. FAO SKY: Please can you repeat the HD version again at some point as your SkyHD boxes are not 100% reliable and likes to have "power cuts". I will be fuming if this happened whilst recording this as you only have one HD showing. Thanking you in advance
  • andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
    bk2006 wrote: »

US amazon have had it on pre-order since beginnin of feb on blu-ray http://www.amazon.com/WWE-Wrestlemania-24-Blu-ray/dp/B00140KWLM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1206599083&sr=1-1
  • bumsexbumsex Posts: 679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At times like this, I wish I was HD capable.......ho hum.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    Yer i just ordered it, HD version has gone into the personal planner, no problem.
    Forum Member
    Got it my planner in HD now. It didnt work the first time I tried to set in straight from the EPG (rather than Box Office) but after much messing about it is finally in. Surely it would have been easier for SKy to give the option to order in HD like they did the last Ricky Hatton fight?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    Hi guys, was wondering if you need to connect your phoneline to the box to order WM or can you just ring the number up and not need to plug the phone line in? Also what is usually required to order on phone, i.e. pin card details etc?
    Thanks in advance
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    How are you able to record it? I get this message as I always do with Sky Box Office sport events:
    "[The program] is already ordered and cannot be recorded"

HD or SD makes no difference. Any help is very much appreciated. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    Got the HD WM set to record no problem.