Gordon Brown's appearance on News 24 now...

Brucie BonusBrucie Bonus Posts: 482
Forum Member
He appears more tired then usual and has bloodshot eyes. Hope this election won't get too much for him!!

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he should have gone on a diet a few months ago.

wish someone would tell him about that God awful hair also it looks like he washes it about once a month.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He appears more tired then usual and has bloodshot eyes. Hope this election won't get too much for him!!

:sleep:
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm trying to work out why BBC have given him so much air time. Usually they cut away from these Q&A sessions after a couple of questions.

He does look tired.. makes you wonder how well he will perform tomorrow.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least he's taking questions from the "public" but he's doing his usual method of not engaging in debate and giving very long answers - by which time we have all forgotten the question. He'll have one minute per answer tomorrow so needs to be snappier.

Agreed, he's looking very rough. He looks like he needs an early night tonight.
  • VellumVellum Posts: 6,825
    Forum Member
    One thing I have noticed is how terrible and uncomfortable Sarah Brown looks on TV, isn't she in PR?

Every time she is stood next to the gorgon, she looks unbelievably worried, eyes shifting from side to side, swaying from foot to foot, very very odd.
  • StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The lighting isn't flattering, his face is too much in shadow.
  • StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vellum wrote: »
    One thing I have noticed is how terrible and uncomfortable Sarah Brown looks on TV, isn't she in PR?

Every time she is stood next to the gorgon, she looks unbelievably worried, eyes shifting from side to side, swaying from foot to foot, very very odd.
    I agree, I would hazzard a guess that she was more behind the scenes and not accustomed to making public appearances and speeches.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep she does look very uneasy.

I am glad though she hasnt taken the advice of the image makers.Her clothes are her own and hasnt allowed them to Tart herself up into something she isnt.

I really do admire her for that it takes a lot of guts when the Daily mail seems Obsessed with what the leaders wives are wearing..:yawn:
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

He looks done in.:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clegg doing pretty well in an Asda store on BBC News now. Looking relaxed.
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    Clegg doing pretty well in an Asda store on BBC News now. Looking relaxed.

I think these appearances are a cop out, Brown went to Asda or wherever, Cameron went to Warburtons, and they take questions, its a way of pretending they are spontaneously mixing with the public, when in fact they are long pre arranged situations with people in a work environment who cannot act like or say what they want.

Cameron did a 'public speech' yesterday, totally surrounded by Conservative activists.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think these appearances are a cop out, Brown went to Asda or wherever, Cameron went to Warburtons, and they take questions, its a way of pretending they are spontaneously mixing with the public, when in fact they are long pre arranged situations with people in a work environment who cannot act like or say what they want.

Cameron did a 'public speech' yesterday, totally surrounded by Conservative activists.

Cameron has been doing his 'Cameron Direct' meeting for a couple of years. This has been good training for the debates as they do not involve Party hacks and is a direct engagement with the public.

The speech you are referring to was the manifesto launch and that is different to a public one.

Brown has had far less exposure to 'ordinary people' than Cameron.
    Forum Member
    BarryW1 wrote: »
    Cameron has been doing his 'Cameron Direct' meeting for a couple of years. This has been good training for the debates as they do not involve Party hacks and is a direct engagement with the public.

The speech you are referring to was the manifesto launch and that is different to a public one.

Brown has had far less exposure to 'ordinary people' than Cameron.

No, the speech I was referring to was when he was complaining about the 3 labour MPs getting legal aid, to be fair it might have been on Monday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, the speech I was referring to was when he was complaining about the 3 labour MPs getting legal aid, to be fair it might have been on Monday.

This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YM-4v5hiJQ

It was in Loughborough. The only "market place" speech given by any of the leaders. He may have even used John Major's soapbox.

Yes, there were supporters in front of him. Any party is going to surround their leader with placards but it did look a very mixed crowd.

One of the biggest problems with this campaign is that the leader's schedules (especially the PMs) are kept secret for security reasons so nobody knows where they are going to be in advance so they cannot organise some "light hearted" protests.
  • JillyJilly Posts: 20,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YM-4v5hiJQ

It was in Loughborough. The only "market place" speech given by any of the leaders. He may have even used John Major's soapbox.

Yes, there were supporters in front of him. Any party is going to surround their leader with placards but it did look a very mixed crowd.

One of the biggest problems with this campaign is that the leader's schedules (especially the PMs) are kept secret for security reasons so nobody knows where they are going to be in advance so they cannot organise some "light hearted" protests.

We have had the Conservative Leaders in my town for the last two elections. They make a speech on the market place and is open to anyone who wants to listen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you hear the Newsbeat report from the USA? They [Americans] chose Nick Clegg! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure he is looking tired, it may have been the Economist on BBC News 24 to make him feel like that, saying that the banks will be asking for more money in a few weeks time!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I completely agree. Let them allow anyone in and get a good grilling by the public and then we would see what they are really made of.
  • TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    Brown certainly needs a rest - would 20 years be long enough? :D:D:D