DOCTOR WHO - Episode 1 was awful.

outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
Forum Member
Did anyone happen to see the first episode of this arrant nonsense?

Those two teachers - Ian and Barbara - are nothing but a pair of interfering busy-bodies. If they stalked me through the London fog to my home in a junkyard, I'd have the authorities on them before you could say "decimalisation". :mad:

The "Unearthly Child" Susan is supposed to be fifteen but the actress is about twenty-three years old! This programme is ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Police boxes are everywhere and I don't understand what's so "spooky" about them in this programme. :confused:

"Doctor Who" is clearly a load of rubbish and I pity anyone who imagines it will last for the next forty-odd years. :p

Comments

• Evil GeniusEvil Genius Posts: 8,823
    Forum Member
    You've been warned about mixing up your medication...
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decimisation? It'll never catch on! These new fangled ideas! They'll be telling us Police Boxes will be replaced by car radios
    next...:D
  • outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    Decimisation? It'll never catch on! These new fangled ideas! They'll be telling us Police Boxes will be replaced by car radios
    next...:D

Exactly.

The idea's preposterous and so is the whole programme. Who wants to meet Stone Age People in this day and age?

Yawn, daddio! :rolleyes:

(What're you doing up at this hour? Shouldn't Peridroid have made you cocoa three hours ago? ;))
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    outside wrote: »
    Exactly.

The idea's preposterous and so is the whole programme. Who wants to meet Stone Age People in this day and age?

Yeah, they could at least go someplace scenic like Dlakes or something! ;)
    Forum Member
    Yeah, they could at least go someplace scenic like Dlakes or something! ;)

"Dlakes" iz a well evil speeshees of alienz wot will show up in the second story of this farrago.

(That should probably be in spoilers but I doubt "Doctor Who" will even make it to episode two, considering that I and millions of others dislike it so much. :rolleyes:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Dlakes" iz a well evil speeshees of alienz wot will show up in the second story of this farrago.

(That should probably be in spoilers but I doubt "Doctor Who" will even make it to episode two, considering that I and millions of others dislike it so much. :rolleyes:)

Nah, Dlakes iz dis!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly.

Yawn, daddio! :rolleyes:

(What're you doing up at this hour? Shouldn't Peridroid have made you cocoa three hours ago? ;))

It'll never get past 13 weeks!

(Peridroid has exploded. Waiting for Buffydroid to take over!)

Ladies in bikinis you say will appear? Outrageous! Someone call Mary Whitehouse!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ladies in bikinis you say will appear? Outrageous! Someone call Mary Whitehouse!:D

I heard they're about to make people suffer through three gruelling weeks of
    stupid cavemen arguing over who's going to make a bloody fire!
    If it even stays on that long. Verity Lambert needs to be sacked and the whole cast with her.
    Forum Member
    Nah, Dlakes iz dis!

Magesterial landscapes but hardly "sci-fi", is it? "The Lakes" sounds like a dreadful drama series the BBC would produce in, I don't know, 1997, starring some hip young actor they'd, knowing the BBC, pressgang into appearing in this "Doctor Who" bilge ten years later. :mad:

It's political correctness gone mad or other phrases I barely understand. :rolleyes:

You're right. No one I know even likes it.

(They don't exist in 1963 but I can't believe Peridroid has exploded! :eek:)

I don't recall saying that, exactly, but be prepared to be outraged in weeks to come. This programme must be stopped and I have written to Mrs Whitehouse to prepare her for what's ahead.
    If it even stays on that long. Verity Lambert needs to be sacked and the whole cast with her.

Your hints are very worrying, CHJ. Pardon me for asking but don't you work at the school which was featured? Anything you'd like to share with us? :confused:

The producer is doing the wrong thing - because I say so - and the whole cast are just as bad - again, because I say so.

Cancel this rubbish.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. episode 1 was awful.

It lacked a good story, one that actually left you with a sense of satisfaction.

It lacked a good companion (and a good actress or actor for that matter).

Eyes opening wide like a bunny about to be hit by the oncoming truck does not a good actor make. And that is just in relation to Ian Chesterton, wait till I get started on Carole Ann Ford.

It lacked a satisfying conclusion. The idea a bunch of no marks wind up travelling in a blue box to unknown destinations is the biggest load of horse manure I have ever watched, and makes no scientific sense at all.

It lacked an overnight audience. No one I know watched it, not even me, though fair dues i wasn't actually born at the time.

No one would ever want to own it on a DVD, or even a video for that matter.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, Dlakes iz dis!

bloody hell that snowman is scary, much more scary than
    stupid cavemen...

someone at the bbc should have the sense to ditch this programme and make a show about a snowman kidnapping a kid on xmas eve instead....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As bad as this was I hope they stick with this Hartnell fella for at least the next 47 years.

Even if this programme gets popular it will be ruined if they cast some hip youngster in his mid-late 40's

ps I'm sure I saw that Barbara show some ankle - the cheap hussy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Magesterial landscapes but hardly "sci-fi", is it? "The Lakes" sounds like a dreadful drama series the BBC would produce in, I don't know, 1997, starring some hip young actor they'd, knowing the BBC, pressgang into appearing in this "Doctor Who" bilge ten years later. :mad:

And "pressgang" sounds like some awful ITV children's programme that would be made a few years before that with some horrible writer who twenty years on would work on this Doctor Who tripe and make it even worse. (But perhaps I'm imagining things again because I'm a bit mental.)
    Your hints are very worrying, CHJ. Pardon me for asking but don't you work at the school which was featured? Anything you'd like to share with us? :confused:

Only that I heard one of the production crew sending some chap out to buy
    some kitchen plungers. Said it was for building some alien costumes.
    If that idea ever comes to fruition it will be the death knell for this pants programme for sure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only that I heard one of the production crew sending some chap out to buy
    some kitchen plungers. Said it was for building some alien costumes.
    If that idea ever comes to fruition it will be the death knell for this pants programme for sure.

I bet they sound like ZIppy from Rainbow too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Can't see her lasting beyond the end of the story. A woman in charge of a cheap production like this? Pah! She'll be wanting her own company next!!!!

It's political correctness gone mad or other phrases I barely understand. :rolleyes:

You're right. No one I know even likes it.

(They don't exist in 1963 but I can't believe Peridroid has exploded! :eek:)

I don't recall saying that, exactly, but be prepared to be outraged in weeks to come. This programme must be stopped and I have written to Mrs Whitehouse to prepare her for what's ahead.

The producer is doing the wrong thing - because I say so - and the whole cast are just as bad - again, because I say so.

Cancel this rubbish.

This show has created a temporal paradox. Let's cancel it, I have a great idea about a programme called Moonbase 3, it'll outlast this nonsense! :D
    (Who is Peridroid anyway>?:confused:)
    Muttley76 wrote: »

It lacked a good story, one that actually left you with a sense of satisfaction.

Eyes opening wide like a bunny about to be hit by the oncoming truck does not a good actor make. And that is just in relation to Ian Chesterton, wait till I get started on Carole Ann Ford.

It lacked a satisfying conclusion. The idea a bunch of no marks wind up travelling in a blue box to unknown destinations is the biggest load of horse manure I have ever watched, and makes no scientific sense at all.

It lacked an overnight audience. No one I know watched it, not even me, though fair dues i wasn't actually born at the time.

What are those? Is it something I can play on my gramaphone? :p:D:D:D
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This sort of nonsensical rubbish should be axed ASAP. It's almost as bad as that "Coronation Street" which Granada started showing three years back...

Neither of them will last, they should dump them while they can!
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »

Also, that Hartnell bloke is far too young.
  • Tigger-RooTigger-Roo Posts: 10,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww come on, we gotta give it a chance. All the girls love a hero, and well that Hartnell chap, with a bit of imagination he 'aint half bad. He puts the fear of God into me, and I bet he's got a real firm grip when he wants to get his own way. He does angry really well, and quite gets me hot under the collar when he gets all authoritive. Certainly makes my knees tremble. I wonder if he's got a fan club?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tigger-Roo wrote: »
    Aww come on, we gotta give it a chance. All the girls love a hero, and well that Hartnell chap, with a bit of imagination he 'aint half bad. He puts the fear of God into me, and I bet he's got a real firm grip when he wants to get his own way. He does angry really well, and quite gets me hot under the collar when he gets all authoritive. Certainly makes my knees tremble. I wonder if he's got a fan club?

Interested in his hands, are we? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    This sort of nonsensical rubbish should be axed ASAP. It's almost as bad as that "Coronation Street" which Granada started showing three years back...

Neither of them will last, they should dump them while they can!

Too true, this soap opera nonsense is just not realistic and does not portray a normal everyday existance. I mean, buying all your shopping from a corner shop and then spending the rest of your time in the local public house without getting drunk! Where are all the exploding trams and the other features of everyday life?

I have a much better idea replace Coronation Street with a programme set withing the confines of a market. This would better reflect the modern all in one shopping experience and could run for years.

And as to this time box malarky, replace it with a down to earth series about regular people, set somewhere sunny like the mediterranean. Thats what people really want to see.

Both my ideas could really run for years and years. I think I shall pass them both on to the controllers of the BBC and ITV because I am sure that they will recognise a good idea when they see it!
  • Tigger-RooTigger-Roo Posts: 10,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interested in his hands, are we? ;)

Who? What? Me? :o
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as they don't start changing the format so that Hartnell is dressed in bright and tacky clothing, have him say stupid and childish catchphrases, like I dunno......"Geronimo" or "Allons-y" or even the thought of female companions sexualizing the series, I think this programme will go on forever. Hooray! :D

The way things are going nowadays no doubt they will start to have a minority agenda. Piffle.
  • VabosityVabosity Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I don't care what anyone says. I enjoyed it.

I've been upset all day after hearing that that nice President Kennedy was assassinated yesterday, and this programme really cheered me up.

In fact, it was so good that I believe it will still be going in 47 years time!

Yes, I know, I'm fantasizing! Still going in 47 years time, indeed. What a ridiculous notion!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vabosity wrote: »
    Well, I don't care what anyone says. I enjoyed it.

I've been upset all day after hearing that that nice President Kennedy was assassinated yesterday, and this programme really cheered me up.

In fact, it was so good that I believe it will still be going in 47 years time!

Yes, I know, I'm fantasizing! Still going in 47 years time, indeed. What a ridiculous notion!

Never mind that. Have you heard that second LP The Beatles just put out? Phew, are they on the decline! I give them a month.
  • lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not even watched it and I thought it was awful. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The actors were dreadful, and I thought Enid Sharples was atrocious. Nobody lives in a pup.