Why such HATRED for The Morgana Show

CJWALKERCJWALKER Posts: 545
Forum Member
✭✭
Why is the Morgana show getting such hateful responses!

I think its genuinly brilliant!

Shes a fabulous impressionist, her cheryl cole and Fearne Cotton are spot on!

Some brilliant sketches with Gilbert and Lady Gaga

Its a brilliant new addition to Channel 4

People on here do nothing but moan!

Comments

• TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you're moaning about those who moan?
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJWALKER wrote: »

Just because you find that puerile tosh 'genuinely brilliant' doesn't automatically mean that every other person does. Have you never heard of the concept of personal choice?
  • CJWALKERCJWALKER Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People have turned into such tv snobs, thinking they can do better, looking down there nose at other peoples hard work

winds me up
  • PompeyBillPompeyBill Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member
    I've noticed a couple of posts from the OP along this tack when people criticise programmes/things they like. CJ, it's called having a different opinion than yourself, it's a common practice around the world amongst different people.

So you think it's brilliant? Good for you, it's good you have something you enjoy. However, that doesn't entitle you to label people who have the opposite POV as moaners just because they don't share your admiration of a programme. They are as entitled to put down their dislike of a programme as you are to put down your admiration of it.
  • CJWALKERCJWALKER Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PompeyBill wrote: »
    I've noticed a couple of posts from the OP along this tack when people criticise programmes/things they like. CJ, it's called having a different opinion than yourself, it's a common practice around the world amongst different people.

So you think it's brilliant? Good for you, it's good you have something you enjoy. However, that doesn't entitle you to label people who have the opposite POV as moaners just because they don't share your admiration of a programme. They are as entitled to put down their dislike of a programme as you are to put down your admiration of it.

I understand that im just curious as to what people dont like?
  • PompeyBillPompeyBill Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member
    I understand that im just curious as to what people dont like?

By labelling them moaners and snobs? Yep, that'll work.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »

:yawn:

Why does somebody ALWAYS make this token response?

By the way OP, I love the show ... especially Gilbert and Fearne Cotton :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Gilbert and the Fearne sketches carry the entire show, imo.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People have turned into such tv snobs, thinking they can do better, looking down there nose at other peoples hard work

winds me up

If some words on a screen, posted on an internet forum by an anonymous person is winding you up then I suggest you unplug the router and step away from the computer.
  • CrimsonmonCrimsonmon Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it's not funny.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

People who imply that those who moan are somehow pathetic should have it pointed out to them that they are themselves moaning.

It's a public service....

Maybe the Morgana Show can be used to ferret out those with low tolerance of others views?
  • LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's crap, that's why. :)
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It all boils down to what appeals to your own sense of humour.I like alot of comedy shows past & present but i don't find "The Morgana show" to be that funny.

I'm pretty sure there will be shows that you don't like that others do?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I laugh out loud all the way through it I think - particularly at Boris Johnson, I just love that. Danni Minogue is really good - and her Fearne Cotton is more like her than the real one! Gilbert is funny too.
  • ChwastChwast Posts: 322
    Forum Member

because some people don't like it presumably. fishing for yet more 'hateful responses' on yet another thread is always a jolly wheeze though so well done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I watched those two back to back episodes last night. The Fearne Cotton impression is very good. Although it helps that she does resemble her anyway.

Other than that it seemed to descend into a lot of unnecessary shouting and swearing rather than being genuinely funny.
  • wolfticketwolfticket Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »

So you're moaning about those who moan about those who moan? :)

For what it's worth, I didn't like The Morgana Show. She is a talented impressionist and performer, but it's a comedy show I just didn't find it very funny.

Obviously that is not to say that other people didn't find it extremely funny. I think all posts on forums should be taken (unless stated otherwise) with an invisible "in my opinion" at the end. And this is a forum for comment and discussion (including criticism) of TV programmes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parts of it are extremely funny and parts of it are extremely bad.
  • babbababba Posts: 1,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think folk take everything far too seriously, I also feel the venom shown sometimes is way over the top...

This is a good show, she IS clearly talented, of course it all cant be hilariously funny nor to everyones tatse, I think it a little too sexual for my taste but regardless she is a genuine talent compared to some of the dross on ITV 2 the past few years Katy Brand springs to mind and Kevin whatshisname..

Her acidity is wonderful, the best have already been listed but the marylin lookalike wife is superb..
    We will see a lot more of Morgana
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Blah123 wrote: »
    Parts of it are extremely funny and parts of it are extremely bad.

This exactly.
    To elaborate, I love the impression-based sketches with Fearne Cotton and Dannii and Cheryl, but I hate that old drunk woman and the hillbillies. I quite liked the first two Gilbert and funeral home couple sketches, but they're hit and miss since. I think people get that she has potential and don't like that the show isn't as good as she is, if that makes sense?
  • pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    Because some are pushing it as if you are supposed to like it because shes a girl... you go girl!!
    That type of feminism just doesn't work, with comedy you either deliver or you don't. I just watched the joan rivers doc, she delivered and still does, that is what is success. This was boring drivel.